It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to Accuse Iran of Having Secret Nuclear Fuel Facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The timing of this is very intresting to me. Only days after the U.N. Security Council unanimously passed a U.S.-drafted resolution that envisages “a world without nuclear weapons”. But if you really read it, it's not about a world without nuclear weapons. It's about a world where only the five big powers — which have permanent seats and vetoes on the Security Council — have nuclear weapons. For more background on this resolution: A world without nuclear weapons: Obama’s pipe dream?

From the NY Times article (www.nytimes.com...):

President Obama and the leaders of Britain and France will accuse Iran Friday of building a secret underground plant to manufacture nuclear fuel, saying it has hidden the covert operation from international weapons inspectors for years, according to senior administration officials.

Mr. Obama, along with Prime Minister Gordon Brown of Britain and President Nicolas Sarkozy of France, will demand that the country allow the International Atomic Energy Agency to conduct an immediate inspection of the facility, which is said to be 100 miles southwest of Tehran.

Things have been heating up for a while now with Iran. But it now looks as if thinigs are really going to be set in motion to 'legalize' or 'rationalize' an attack on Iran. First more sanctions, just as with Iraq.

.....it will make it easier to build a case for international sanctions against Tehran if the country blocks inspectors or refuses to halt its nuclear program.

Three strikes your out?

“They have cheated three times,” one senior administration official with access to the intelligence said of the Iranians late on Thursday evening. “And they have now been caught three times.”

The article also states that Obama knew about this plant since the day he took office.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think Iran beat them to it

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
They all walked out and missed a very important message to the world from the Iranian leader who was re-elected in a glorious democratic election.

Iran wants peace and stability not nukes.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
They all walked out and missed a very important message to the world from the Iranian leader who was re-elected in a glorious democratic election.

Iran wants peace and stability not nukes.

I understand it now. They hide their enrichment facilities, while telling UN inspectors 'This is all we have', to further peace. They also need another enrichment facility to produce more commercial grade fuel even though the first was sufficient for that purpose. So Iran's way of saying 'peace and no nukes' is to have facilities that produce military grade weapons fuel? That makes sense to me now.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hmm, well, good thing we have a missle shield around our allies in east and central europe in case this guy turns out to be a madman trying to accelerate the return of the 12th Imam....er...wait.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Iran's citizens, well most of them, want peace and not for adem-a-jihad to constantly try and start a war for them.

HOWEVER..............................................

Iran's religious leaders are frothing at the mouth for nuclear weapons.

Unlike their population, they want war and don't care how many die.

Also, their religious leaders are dictators who will dictate for life without the chance of removal.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So what happens next? I suppose we wait for Obama to have his chat with Ahmedinnerjacket, then we start pushing for sanctions.

China won't back sanctions - but will they use their veto?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

blah blah blah As usual from you mrmonsoon.Iran has been accused by israel specifically from the 90's up to the present day about having/pursuing nukes.They saw what happened to iraq and the media war machine in full swing,let's remember Iran actually helped the USA with intel leading up to the invasion.And they,while not showing it are probably pretty scared for their countries future.They don't want war,if they were crazy foaming at the mouth nutjobs waiting for the 12th imam they would have started the war years ago,with or without nukes.Though be in no doubt they will wage one hell of a war if they are attacked,that is the action any sane country would take.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

I am not 100% sure..........................

With Russia making nice to the US (so it seems) and hinting that they "might" back stiffer sanctions..................

The real question is what will the rest of the world do when Iran explodes a nuclear weapons???

Just Like little Kimmy, nothing.

However, I am sure Israel will realize it's existence is at stake and destroy they nuclear facilities.

If Iran gets crazy, I suspect Iran's capital may disappear...............

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Sorry to break it to you, mate, but Iran has been accused by more than Israel of this.

Oh, did you read the news this morning, Iran's is admitting a second facility to work on nuclear weapons......................

I know, it must be a plot by Israel to have aden-a-jihad announce this.

Because some people are doped into believing Iran or want them to have nuclear weapons, does not change the facts, no matter how bad "some" people want it to.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
So what happens next? I suppose we wait for Obama to have his chat with Ahmedinnerjacket, then we start pushing for sanctions.

Israel launches strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, President Obama joins the UN in condemning Israel's actions, then all hell may break loose.

Run for your lives!

Seriously, who knows what will happen?

I'm not sure how long Israel will continue to wait for diplomacy to work.

Depending on what they do or not will have a lot to do with how this goes at this point.

Put Hillary in a burka and send her to Iran ASAP, maybe she can talk some sense into those Iranians?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's like a game of russian roullette.....

...with nukes.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Solomons

Oh, did you read the news this morning, Iran's is admitting a second facility to work on nuclear weapons......................

No, they have reported this to the IAEA and they say is for civilian use only. They never said nuclear weapons.
news.bbc.co.uk...

What's the big deal about it? Can't anyone build what they want on their country? Besides, it is not finished and has no nuclear material on it. IAEA "law" states they must give notice 180 days before any nuclear material is in place. Why would they "have" to tell the world they started building another facility?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jechu

Did you also read that it is too small for power generation, but just fine for nuclear bomb making????

(referring to a second plant as well as refining process's)

We all go round and round again about this.

If Iran only wanted power generation, it could have build natural gas, coal, oil, gasoline, diesel power generations methods.

No one in the world would care one bit, not one bit.

But this is not what Iran has done.

It has been secretly making facilities to refine and prepare to make a nuclear bomb-come on, we all know this.

Even the rabid pro Iran group has dropped the pretense of no nuclear bomb making to they deserve to have nuclear bombs.

This clear illustrates that even the pro Iran group knows they are working on nuclear bombs and that the only reason to build a nuke plant is to assist in making bombs not electricity.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by mrmonsoon]

new topics

top topics

join