reply to post by GreenBicMan
Ok, big hawks win, good night for GBM.. now need a dolphins win tomorrow haha
So ok, I read through that page - I am assuming you were referring to the Zim. link?
Let me quote this part
Our Zimbabwe example, though extreme, demonstrates how changes in stock prices can be driven by monetary conditions, and not changes in GDP. New money
gets spent or invested. In Zimbabwe's case, because there are no alternatives, it is stocks that are benefiting.
Now, I am certainly no economic mastermind. In fact many times I have stated I would really, or I should say I really do care less because to me it
doesnt matter when you analyze markets techincally.
So with that in mind..
1) Since their $ is basically worthless in Z - doesnt that mean even if their market is at 40,000 or whatever it was, its still basically worthless?
Our dollar still holds purchasing power, maybe not in Bermuda, but goods in the USA are still the same IMO dating back to the strong dollar of earlier
this year as opposed to now.
2) Our markets are so heavily traded with so many different conglomerations of viewpoints it would be hard to make our markets turn like that, or
realistically more like impossible.
3) What would happen to our Bond Markets?
4) What difference does it make to you if you do not travel outside of this country?
5) The market does A MUCH BETTER JOB OF MAKING US MONEY than a falling dollar ever could to devalue us in the first place.
- I believe this is what Johnny was referring to in his previous post, but I cannot speak for him.
For example, for people worried about the strong/weak dollar..
1) What has the weaker dollar done to you in the past 6 months?
2) What has the market advances done to your 401k recently?
Those two questions alone should be enough for my point to be valid, but I am honestly interested in someone that could sway my opinion, bc not once
has anyone ever been able to on this board when I have posed this question. Im not being a jerk or anything, seriously, I just want an honest answer
that does not revert back to how the FED is jerking us off etc.