It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Strikes, Observations On The Front

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They have started a low key type quarantine here, trying to stop people from visiting sick people type thing...but anyhoo, wanted to mention about the MUSCLES.....

I also had it in the spring, and I also have the sore neck and back muscles, and sandy gritty eyes..so much I feel like I need glasses, but glasses don't help gritty, lol...

I also have a cough, like ONE every hour or so, where I bring up a little mucus ball....kinda gross, I have got myself some menthol smokes, just last night.

I also have taken some colloidal silver, got some super greens, magnesium, vit d, vit b's, hemp oil and cider vinigar on salads etc.....

OH, but the one thing I wanted to mention about the muscles!!!!!!!

It is like they are blocked from reciving moisture or something, like they are dried out, blocked by some plasma or something, no matter how much water I drink, that is why I thought I better go gung ho on the hemp oil and cider inigar, to penetrate the plasma or mucus blocking the moisture exchange into my muscles, if that makes any sense...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Thanks for all your posts. Many people in my area have had similar symptoms as well as my self. Some ended up in the Hospital with symptoms lasting at least 10 days.

I took some MMS=sodium chlorite with citric acid= chlorine dioxide, and was over all the symptoms with 24hrs. Most were gone within 2 hrs. A friend did this as well with the same results.

I took 4 drops MMS with 20 drops citric acid 4x one hour apart. WELL La gone. MMS is cheap and works on many things.

I am now taking vit. d3 also.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Thanks for all your posts. Many people in my area have had similar symptoms as well as my self. Some ended up in the Hospital with symptoms lasting at least 10 days.

I took some MMS=sodium chlorite with citric acid= chlorine dioxide, and was over all the symptoms with 24hrs. Most were gone within 2 hrs. A friend did this as well with the same results.

I took 4 drops MMS with 20 drops citric acid 4x one hour apart. WELL La gone. MMS is cheap and works on many things.

I am now taking vit. d3 also.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have heard of that stuff, wish i could find some. Do you have a link or know where i could order it by any chance?

TIA

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I have no idea if that is actually whats happening, I said that "i couldn't describe it"

But that's as good a description as any!

Yeah it's really, really weird my thought was nerve signals not working right...

But no flu I have ever had has felt like this, it's really... UNCOMFORTABLE and kind of makes me a bit nervous...

But I am glad your verifying what i'm reporting...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

yeah, it is really weird, I also felt kind of like not enough circulation in my muscles, so I really felt the need to have the oil and cider vinigar to unclogg them or something, like they felt stagnant almost......clogged, like thick blood mabey even...

Glad you are feeling better.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I agree with the people who suspect there is a reason this flu doesnt act like a flu. Ive always felt it was engineered for a purpose.

After reading this thread, it seems the purpose would be to infect and linger in the body while not alerting the immune system for as long as possible. Much like a computer virus, its purpose would be to do damage while not getting detected by the antivirus program.

What kind of damage is anyones guess, but I have a feeling this is the first step for something to come in the next few years. Perhaps this virus makes you more vulnerable to something that will be coming later. Its hard to say.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Interesting, I do the apple cider vinegar daily as part of my regular routine anyway but genuinely it does help, particularly when getting up from laying down and the soreness is the worst.

(lol so long as ats is here i totally am enjoying documenting this btw, I have a splitting headache and I am on and up detailing the experience)

But not to get off topic, I think exercise wasn't bad to recommend this muscular thing is scary the association with heart attack is also scary I think movement is very important.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Here is some more interesting reading about the cytokine storm, usually the cause of death of otherwise "healthy" young adults in pandemics (such as during the 1918 pandemic):

blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org...

From Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

"When the immune system is fighting pathogens, cytokines signal immune cells such as T-cells and macrophages to travel to the site of infection. In addition, cytokines activate those cells, stimulating them to produce more cytokines. Normally, this feedback loop is kept in check by the body. However, in some instances, the reaction becomes uncontrolled, and too many immune cells are activated in a single place. The precise reason for this is not entirely understood but may be caused by an exaggerated response when the immune system encounters a new and highly pathogenic invader. Cytokine storms have potential to do significant damage to body tissues and organs. If a cytokine storm occurs in the lungs, for example, fluids and immune cells such as macrophages may accumulate and eventually block off the airways, potentially resulting in death.

It is believed that cytokine storms were responsible for many of the deaths during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which killed a disproportionate number of young adults.[1] In this case, a healthy immune system may have been a liability rather than an asset. Preliminary research results from Hong Kong also indicated this as the probable reason for many deaths during the SARS epidemic in 2003.[6] Human deaths from the bird flu H5N1 usually involve cytokine storms as well.[7] Recent reports of high mortality among healthy young adults in the 2009 swine flu outbreak has led to speculation that cytokine storms could be responsible for these deaths.[8] However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have indicated that symptoms reported from this strain so far are similar to those of normal seasonal flu,[9] with the CDC stating that there is "insufficient information to date about clinical complications of this variant of swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus infection."

You should be avoiding neurotoxins/exitotoxins such as Aspartame/diet drinks and artificially sweetened food because neurotoxins indirectly "turn on" the cytokine storm. (They wreak havoc on your body anyway, but especially avoid these during the flu season.)

If you haven't had the flu yet the best defenses in advance are strong immune boosters and pathogen fighters such as:

Excessive Vitamin C. It's virtually impossible to overdose on this.
High dosages of Vitamin D3 (6000 to 8000 IU daily for prevention purposes but if you get the flu you can go much higher, such as 50 to 100k IU or higher depending on your weight for 3 days)
Olive leaf extract (one of THE best antioxidant/antivirals out there)
Garlic
Oil of oregano
Colloidal silver
Organic wild salmon or krill oil

I've also been reading a lot about Elderberry:
www.laboratoryequipment.com...

Greatly limit, or better yet do away altogether your sugar and white flour intake, it suppresses your immune system. Drink lots of 100% fruit juice and water (but NO high fructose corn syrup drinks or diet drinks), keep hydrated. If you have access to a sauna, make use of it. I agree with the OP that sweating gets rid of toxins.

Vitamin D and why its deficiency contributes to MANY immune system failures:

articles.mercola.com...

If the Swine Flu shot should become mandatory:

articles.mercola.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

We are in Bayonne NJ.. Great, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Concerning cytokine storm - if this happens, there are 2 products which might inhibit the cytokine production - NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine), which can be bought over the counter, which also have the properties of protecting your lungs against 2nd hand smoke.
Also GSH can help, but unfortunately it's usually dissolved in your stomach before it reaches the bloodstream, so this you'll need intravenously.

Here

Against cigarette smoke:

Here

NAC also is great for removing toxins in your body such as Mercury:

Here

And here I'll add that to get that last irritating cough - not all antibiotics are created equal:

Here

What helped "me" to recover in 24 hours:

- "Nebulizing" 5ml Colloidal Silver (23ppm)
- Triple dose of Vit C
- Double dose of NAC
- Grapeseed

I did this every 4 hours.

Next day I only had a lingering cough left, which I got rid of with "Zithromax" (azithromycin) - worked within 3 hours.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone - but at least that worked for me.
And even as a smoker - the NAC will help you with your tobacco coughs (that's guaranteed).

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Angeldust1199]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Angeldust1199]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Angeldust1199

Thank you. I will try to find that and add it.

I have also observed that my nose is bleeding, but not in a "runny" way....dried blood chunks when I blow my nose, which also goes along with my feeling that my blood is being "clogged". (tmi gross I know)

Is this product a bit of a blodd thinner? If I am not A-OK by the end of today, I am thinking I need some kind of blood thinner, due to this weird clogged muscles feeling.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Please be careful with blood thinners - if you must - then go with a natural one - fish oil...

www.healthy-heart-guide.com...

I wish you well. - NAC is really a great product - and it bolsters your immune system by improving your GSH (Glutathione) level, and by all means - 100mg - 200mg selenium per day is probably the BEST immune system builder.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Angeldust1199

Thank you. I will take the fish oil I already have for now then.

Good thing many on here know their bodies well enough to tell what is messing up.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey OP, is there an update? I hope you're feeling better.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by LadySkadi

So much for shots... my town is already at a probable 500 cases a week this week...

is that rumor or your own speculation or does flagstaff authorities actually say that right now.. and if so how come it's not on the news..

also ... are you a doctor? md?

are you telling us you were clinically diagnosed by a doctor as havine swine flu two times in a row.. like the same exact doctor did tests and said to you .. "You have swine flu" ?

is that true? or was it different doctors? or did they not do any tests to say what it was?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I posted on another thread about the H1N1 situation going on at my university:

This week two students at my university have died from H1n1
Kimi

and
Matt

Four weeks ago I became terribly ill and I went to the University Health center. It took me a week to get an appointment because so many others were ill as well. They told me I probably had swine flu, and that I had developed a secondary infection. They then gave me antibiotics for viral pneumonia…. I am not feeling any better. I did for a little while, but whatever it is, it is back and worse than before. The school doctors told me I could not get wine flu again, so when I go back they are not taking my illness very seriously.
My university is also intentionally hiding the numbers on this virus so nobody knows what is going on.
We are not allowed to miss class excessively without a doctor’s note, but those are hard to come by!
I am kind of getting nervous.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingHigh404

I would like to add, this came from the university today! NOT HELPFUL

Dear Students, Faculty, Staff and Parents,

It has been a month since campus first had a report of suspected H1N1 illness by a student. This is an update on our activities and observations.

Recent experience emphasizes that it is extra important for people with chronic conditions who develop the flu to seek medical help. Overall, we have seen decreasing numbers of students at the Student Health Service with flu or flu-like illness in the last 10 days. This may be due to two possible reasons: the initial spread of the disease has slowed because students are using good prevention or students are self-isolating and self-managing the illness in their rooms or apartments and we are not seeing them at the Student Health Service. So, while the impact of the H1N1 virus has slowed, it is important for all students, faculty and staff to practice good prevention.

Campuswide there have been several actions to deal with H1N1 virus. Housing, Dining and Guest Services revised its “under the weather” meal policy to make it easier for students to get meals for other students. Hand sanitizer stations have been distributed at the entrances to residence and dining halls as well as in computer labs. The Provost has provided guidance to faculty on dealing with absenteeism in the classroom. The Parents Office in the Division of Student Affairs has included information for parents in the Parent Newsletter. The Student Health Service has modified some appointment schedules to handle the increase in sick students using our service. The Office of Health Education has initiated a large H1N1 prevention campaign, in collaboration with the Office of Residence Life. The Health Emergency Planning Task Force has been meeting and has prepared a revised Health Emergency response plan for the President’s Executive Council. When that plan is finalized, it will be posted on the SHS website.

As you have probably heard, the H1N1 vaccine has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration and we anticipate being able to administer the vaccine in mid-October. H1N1 vaccine will be administered according to CDC guidelines, so please watch the Miami e-Report and the SHS Web site for updated information about when and where H1N1 vaccines will be given. Currently we are administering seasonal flu vaccine to students at the Student Health Service. Faculty and staff flu shot clinics for seasonal flu vaccine are scheduled for September 29 on the Hamilton campus, September 30 on the Middletown campus and Oct. 5 on the Oxford campus (details available from Employee Health and Well Being).

Miami University continues to follow the CDC guidelines for dealing with H1N1 events on college campuses and as the information from the CDC changes, it will be posted on the Student Health Service Web site. H1N1 virus likely will be present on campus throughout fall and much of second semester and everyone can help reduce the risk of having and spreading the flu. Here are a few things you can do to help:
• Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing. Alcohol-based hand cleaners also are effective.
• Practice respiratory etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder, not into your hands. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth; germs are spread this way.
• Know the signs and symptoms of the flu. A fever is a temperature of at least 100 degrees Fahrenheit or 37.8 degrees Celsius. Look for possible signs of fever such as when a person feels very warm, has a flushed appearance or is sweating or shivering.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingHigh404

CONTINUED

Symptoms of flu include fever or chills and cough or sore throat. In addition, symptoms of flu can include runny nose, body aches, headache, tiredness, diarrhea, or vomiting.
• Stay home if you have flu or flu-like illness for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever (100 degrees Fahrenheit or 37.8 degrees Celsius) or signs of a fever (have chills, feel very warm, have a flushed appearance, or are sweating). This should be determined without the use of fever-reducing medications (any medicine that contains ibuprofen or acetaminophen). The flu may last up to 7 days. Don’t go to class or work if you’re ill. Ask a friend to bring meals to your room.

It is important for students who have temperatures of at least 102 degrees Fahrenheit or 38.8 degrees Celsius with a cough and/or sore throat to call the Student Health Service for an appointment (529-3000) to see a clinician. Students who have flu symptoms but also have chronic diseases such as diabetes, asthma, or heart problems also should call for an appointment.

Again, the university will monitor this closely and make pertinent information available as we receive it. We strongly recommend that students and parents monitor theStudent Health Service Web site, muohio.edu/health. A Frequently Asked Questions document is among information you can click on for details.

If this year’s flu season becomes more severe, we may take the following additional steps to prevent the spread of the virus:
• Allow students, faculty, and staff at higher risk for complications to stay home. These students, faculty, and staff should make this decision in consultation with their health care provider.
• Find ways to increase social distances (the space between people) in classrooms such as moving desks farther apart, leaving empty seats between students, holding outdoor classes, and using distance learning methods.
• Extend the time sick students, faculty, or staff stay home or in their residence. During severe flu conditions sick people should stay home for at least 7 days, even if they feel better sooner. Those who are still sick after 7 days should continue to stay home until at least 24 hours after symptoms have gone away. Symptoms of flu include fever or chills and cough or sore throat. In addition, symptoms of flu can include runny nose, body aches, headache, tiredness, diarrhea, or vomiting.
• Suspend classes. This decision will be made together with local and state public health officials. The length of time classes should be suspended will depend on the goal of suspending classes as well as the severity and extent of illness.

Students who are studying abroad should follow recommendations from the university at which they are studying and should visit www.cdc.gov/travel for further health information while studying abroad. For the most up-to-date information on flu, visit www.flu.gov, or call 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636).

We will notify you of any additional changes to Miami’s strategy to prevent the spread of flu on our campus.

Sincerely,

Gail
Assistant Vice President, student health and wellness

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion65

I'm allot better today, but it's still with me... In the muscles mainly not so bad as Friday, Sat...

The thing is tho (and I don't mean to be creepy) I don't think this goes away, it's weird, like it gets inside you and you start feeling better but this muscle symptom, is still here and

well I should just say it, i'm wondering if a gene is being placed inside us genetic mod via virus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join