It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Socorro landing case a hoax?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Instead, this "find" is indicative of something very terrestrial. This is because "charred cardboard" makes complete sense when considering the event as a student-created hoax:
Where's the evidence that the charred cardboard, if found, was related to the event? This seems to pop up out of nowhere and you seem to take for granted that there has to be a connection to the sighting.

Dear jclmavg,

Please correct your post, you misquoted me. I didn't say what you attributed to me in that quote, it was an external quote from the link I provided. You can still edit your post to correct this.

And in that light your question would be directed to the author of that article, not me.

thanks.

@Isaac, thanks for shedding more light on this, it helps to read the source documents which is why I was looking for them.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
USA, New Mexico, La Madera: Orlando Gallegos observed a bright, metallic, egg-shaped object about 70 m away, on the ground, north of La Madera. Blue flames appeared to circle the base of the machine, which was silent and about the length of a telephone pole. Scorch marks and four imprints were found, according to Police Capt. Martin Vigil.

Busy little hoaxers weren't they? Soccorro one day la Madera two days later...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Interesting, could you provide a reference for that info ?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Blue flames appeared to circle the base of the machine, which was silent and about the length of a telephone pole. Scorch marks and four imprints were found, according to Police Capt. Martin Vigil.

Yes they were apparently busy, and liked playing with flames and balloons. Check out "operation gaseous research":

www.spril.com...

I'm very skeptical that any technology that has flames shooting out of it will get you to another star system, some calculations on the inefficiency of rocket propulsion systems will present the difficulties with such a propulsion method.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
In response to UFO Partisan's post on another thread regarding the hoax theory, I would ask two questions:

Why would the students have wanted to hoax a lunar lander, suspended from a noisy helicopter, and attended by technicians?

Why wouldn't the students have wanted to hoax a flying saucer, with a silent propulsion system, attended by aliens?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Considering the drive time from Socorro to La Madera is estimated to be 3 hours and 12 minutes on Yahoo Maps for the 194 miles, I wouldn't conclude they were all that busy, they had time to take a whole day off before the 3 hour drive.

However I never saw anyone attribute the La Madera incident to them, except you. But I don't see any reason to rule out that they hoaxed that one too but I haven't found much info on it, except things like this listing:

www.bibleufo.com...

It's roughly 25 bullets down.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

So I guess it's not online anywhere, but apparently these rolls can be purchased for $23 each if I understand correctly.

You can still get them here for free:
Investigation papers
Photographs

Best regards,
Nab

edit on 2011-2-11 by nablator because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011-2-11 by nablator because: links formatting

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It's roughly 25 bullets down.

Also from Blue Book:
www.footnote.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Looks like I am a little late to this party, but here is my $.02...

I live about a mile and a half from the site of the Socorro hoax. you have to do some detective work to find it. don't ask the locals. most have never heard of it, most of those who have heard of it don't know where the site is, and the very few who do know won't tell you where it is.

The symbol seen on the hoaxed UFO is not used as a symbol by local businesses and sports teams.

if you ask about it, a committee of locals will politely ask you to STFU, because they don't want it discussed. It is known to be a hoax. The folder describing how it was done is held by students at NMT. The folder is rarely shown to people who are not students at NMT.

NMT is a tough technical school. Cal Tech, MIT, Stanford tough, but rather more affordable. NMT students are quite capable of pulling this off.

Lonnie Zamora was a badge happy cop. In this respect he is quite typical of Socorro law enforcement. He made a point of harrassing NMT students. He got punked. Everybody who matters in town knows this. The town does not exploit this for tourism, and the decision makers would be happy if it just went away.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join