It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Iran has second enrichment plant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Trust me. Putin could make it happen.
Truth: Iran would not be able to stop Putin.
Guess: Obama would say "Go ahead."
We won't have to worry about Iran shooting Israel with a
nuke!
Putin will probably give a promise.
"I will retreat back to Russia when the nuke program is shut down."
It all makes perfect sense to me.
Just think about it.

Putin simply wants the oil/power/$$$.
Jobs....Jobs.....Jobs for Russia.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by Mind1universe
No I'm not defending anyone. Just pointing how absurd at the crap you post. Blaming and pointing fingers. It shows immaturity and lack of awareness in every way.

America has nucs. Why are you so hellbent on focusing about nations you never been too. You say Iran is this and that. But what do you actually know? What is your sources? Why are you focused on problems elsewhere. Can Iran judge what goes on in your house and in your country.

It's absurd the way your behaving. It's quite frankly not something an adult would not communicate in. Adults don't sit and focus about the problems elsewhere. Adults take responsibility for what they do and create in the world.

Seriously just stop the bull#. It's almost unbearable at this rate.

Most of what I posted here is the cumulative knowledge of people from Iran, in Iran, or who have dealt with Iran. I pass it on. You claim you know better than they do. And then try to present some Supreme Being POV on anything conflicting with your narrow assessments.

This is a conspiracy site full of overgrown adolescents unaware of what they don't know. Overloaded with insecure people trying to attain some semblance of self respect by assuming they understand everything and passing judgement on anything they disagree with.

Adults do something about problems that exist in their communities, their countries. I know what I've done in my life.
I don't require lectures from a loud mouth on an anonymous forum.

M

You don't fool me. In fact I would take your claims as insult of my own intellegence.

You don't speak to Iranians, your speaking through your ass. Get out and study human nature. Learn dicernment and figure out what it's like to be a human being.

Just don't play this BS with me

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Being rich makes you responsible? It makes you trustworthy and ethical? It's true that the wealthy have no interest in robbing your trailer house, but they might not mind plowing over it if they wanted a new golf course.

Finally someone puts it in perspective, and in simple words shows the unjustified treatment of Iran.

The funny thing about ATS is that many people justify the unjustified treatment of Iran, for example walking away from Ahmadinajad's speech. Just because you can't spell his name doesn't mean you know better.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

The one thing I hate about you mmiichael is that all your evidence comes from you. I have an Afghani friend who I always discuss Afghan politics with, one day I asked him to give evidence (where he gets his information from), he took me to his own website

back on topic

Iran can have as many enrichment plants as they like, they have that right, the same way I have the right to grow my own food in my back yard. If police says I'm trying to grow weed, I will tell him to F@ck off.

I won't let a pig come to my house without evidence, see America won't let the world inspect their nuclear programs. Just imagine if Iran was in America's foot steps, I wonder how Americans would feel.

All you Americans, there is something called reflecting, like you like sit down for like five minutes, and then you are like reflect on issues, it like helps you a lot. Then like once you reflect you can like see things clearly.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am starting to find this escalation fairly worrying!
In the same week that Gordon Brown et al,decide that it is time to start ridding the world of nukes,it is disclosed to the world that Iran has a secret facility,that is very likely creating weapons grade material!

Talk about making the good guys look really good,and the bad guys look really, really bad!

And by using the MSM,they have planted the seed of doubt in the minds of the unenlightened!

This stage of the plan seems almost complete!Now we all have to worry about what the next stage entails!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0369
I wonder what ells they might have that we don’t know about. I tell you one thing this will not be like the war we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. If we have to go to war with Iran it will be ugly and a lot of people will die on all sides, I say we NUKE them now, and get it over with. If nothing more it will set an example to the rest of the world not to mess with us.

Explain to me something please, they say Iran can't get nuclear weapon because they could launch it on a country ruled by some extremist, so we will nuke them because they are extremist?

If others country can't mess with America then America have to stop to mess others country, you are not the superior country who can rule the world with his army, if you think so then be prepared to get nuke soon or later and see your beautiful country die.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Iran seeks the bomb.
Israel has the bomb.

Iran opens the door to their nuclear facilities.
Israel has never opened the door to their facilies.

Iran has never attacked a neighbor and made wars.
Israel has several times attacked their neighbors and has made several wars.

Iran has never occupied others lands illegally
Israel has not only occupied others lands that were rationed to them after WW2 but has also pursued it's expansion from Nile to eupharates.

Please, dear Israelis, explain, why the world should trust you more than Iran?

And why are the american people being made to sacrifice their tax, blood and bad reputation for the sake of the 'Chosen People'?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here's an update everyone

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer – 51 mins ago

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran will allow the U.N. nuclear agency to inspect a newly revealed and still unfinished uranium enrichment facility, the country's nuclear chief told state television Saturday.

Vice President Ali Akbar Salehi didn't specify when inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency could visit the site, but said it has to be worked out with the agency under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty rules.

Source:

news.yahoo.com...

No specification on when IAEA can enter...

Hmm, possibly cleaning out any 'questionable' items that are in the facility?

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think more emphasis needs to be put on the fact that this is, at the moment, a construction site and not meant to go online enriching fuel for another 18 months or so. Under the NNPT rules, signatories must inform the IAEA of any new plants 6 months before enrichment work begins.

So, what we are having reported is a "secret" Iranian enrichment facility.
Reality seems to be the Iranians informing the IAEA of a new plant, which they are required to do. Secret base? Well hardly seeing as they have informed the IAEA of it.

Israel refuses to join the NNPT and allow inspections, having again snubbed UN calls to do so, yet Iran, which seems to be adhering to the NNPT rules, is accused at every opportunity by..... drumroll.... Israel. And better yet, they want the rest of the world to go bomb Iran to remove another of their perceived regional enemies.

Of course, this latest propaganda push comes just when Israel has basically told the UN to go @&#$ itself over NNPT inclusion and inspections. They need something to take the heat of them again.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Exactly Britguy.

The US & UK governments are hypocrites. There seems to be one law for Iran and a different one for Israel. It's about time Israel was given the same treatment. How about sending UN inspectors to Israel. If they refuse, then lets impose sanctions. Like that's ever going to happen.

I love how some people are already coming out and condemning Iran and yet nobody has even seen the so called suspect evidence, only the words of compulsive liars who have taken us down this same path once before.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Do you know of any enrichment plants in Israel.Apparently your not aware but Israel having nuclear weapons is pure speculation it has never been proved and Israel never claimed to.Now they haven't denied the allegations either but this is only smart it makes there enemies think twice about attacking them.They currently cannot manufacture nukes they don't have the facilities so your whole point is silly they wouldn't have investigators there if they don't have a facility would they?

PS If you have some evidence of Isreal breaking any laws established by the International Atomic Energy Agency i would love to see it.

[edit on 9/26/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I think most people agree that they (Israel) do have nuclear, it's just not spoken about. As for evidence and investigators, what planet have you been living on? Israel has never allowed any inspection of it's nuclear facilities and never will, which is more than a little hypocritical don't you think? More so as they are the main source of allegations of Iranian nuclear weapons development in order to get the rest of us to go bomb them.

Edit to add. Do YOU have any evidence of any Iranian illegal activity? So far all there is out there is innuendo, rumour, blatant lies and speculation.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

The Israelis have one plant built 50 years ago which is currently falling apart and needs to be renovated or shut down. It has reported radiation leakage to the point that they issued iodine tablets to the locals and is currently in no condition to produce weapons. Theres debate on if the facility could ever manufacture plutonium its thought it was strictly for uranium enrichment.The level the Iranians plant is capable of would allow plutonium enrichment which means they could develop nuclear bombs with huge yields.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The Iranian plant is NOT capable of enriching Uranium to the 90%+ levels needed for weapons. The IAEA has inspected and monitored activity and is satisfied that there is no weapons programme. So too is the US intelligence community, which stated as much in it's NIE report.

The new plant is not yet operational, and won't be for an estimated 18 months. The Iranians informed the IAEA so they will have time to inspect and monitor when it finally does go online. Speculating as to the usage or output of an enrichment facility not to go online for another 18 months or so is really clutching at straws.

As for Israel, who gets to go look around the place for any hidden bases or facilities? Yes, the old reactor is in a dangerous condition but who is to say that's all they have! They are, after all, the masters of subterfuge and allow NO outside investigation of their affairs, whilst dictating what everyone else can or should do. I fear more from the religious nutjobs and political criminals in Israel than I do from Iran.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Everything you say about Iran is based on speculative propaganda. You only have to look at the governments and agencies behind the latest Iran nuclear weapons nonsense to realise that it's nothing more than BS. They have no evidence whatsoever to backup their claims. They are simply lies and deceit, but what's new. So to those people who do buy into this nonsense, please provide evidence to back up your claims. Put up or shut up as they say!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

If what you say is true then o just have 2 questions,Why wont they allow inspectors in the country and the second why do they need two enrichment facilities.Even with as large as the United States is we only have two. even if they converted all there plants to nuclear still would only need one enrichment facility. Unless of course one is planned to enrich plutonium and guess what thats not for power generation.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
How could anyone think the Mullahs are anything besides peace loving and benevolent? They're always there with an open hand to finance terrorism and proxy militias in Iraq, Lebanon, Gaza, Yemen, and who knows where else.

if you're going to build a publicly accessible power source what better place to locate it than the middle of a mountain.

And why doesn't Iran ever talk about the nuclear plant their only pal in the region Syria was putting up, also mysteriously secretive?

M

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

How could anyone think the Mullahs are anything besides peace loving and benevolent? They're always there with an open hand to finance terrorism and proxy militias in Iraq, Lebanon, Gaza, Yemen, and who knows where else.

if you're going to build a publicly accessible power source what better place to locate it than the middle of a mountain.

And why doesn't Iran ever talk about the nuclear plant their only pal in the region Syria was putting up, also mysteriously secretive?

M

Also why does Iran need nuclear energy? The have some of the largest oil and natural gas reserves in the world. It would be much cheaper and quicker to build as many natural gas power plants as they need.

IAEA inspection protocols requires signatories allow inspections to be done with no prior notice, to make sure it is for peaceful development, Iran has never allowed this.

As for Isreal having nukes a) Isreal has demonstrated tremendous restraint in the face of daily attacks for the last 60 years, from probably every other country in the ME. b)It seems like they are the only country in the ME that would be wiped off the map if they were to drop their defences. c) Its like ten bullies complaining to the teacher that they can't beat up one kid cause he has a baseball bat.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

have you seen the size of the Y-12 oakridge plant?

upload.wikimedia.org...

thats nothing like small

so why does the usa need 2? - look at the picture

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here's the thing that was pretty freaky to me. They were showing on the news pictures of the QOM facility 8 months ago and now. WOW! In 8 months it looked like a totally different facility. If the Iranian's are enriching uranium for weapons purposes they are moving along very rapidly. I'm no expert but if those changes took place in 8 months I can only imagine how long it would take to enrich enough uranium for a nuke or two.

But what's hilarious is the US has known about these "secret" facilities for two years and just now they are coming out with these pictures and all this hysteria? I mean why the hell didn't they do something covert years ago? I mean we have the most sophisticated, advanced and covert military in the world. Between us and Mossad you could send in a team of Navy SEALs and take out the facility in a matter of hours. There is truth to all that Hollywood crap we see in the movies and on t.v. That stuff DOES go on in real life.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join