It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Iran has second enrichment plant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Officials: Iran has second enrichment plant

news.yahoo.com

By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer – 20 mins ago

VIENNA – Officials have told The Associated Press that Iran has revealed the existence of a second uranium enrichment plant.

The officials say Iran's announcement was in a letter sent Monday to International Atomic Energy Agency chief Mohamed ElBaradei.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hmm felt it was kind of weird this story surfaced the same week as the "UFO" that was shot down over Iran. As much as I would love a situation where ET life is shown, I think that this is a direct response to Iran figuring out that what they shot down was a drone.

A US or an Israeli drone.

What better way to get in the face of the two nations in biggest opposition to you than to flex your muscle in their face. And with the importance we as the human race place onto nuclear weapons this is a sure fire way.

Also.

What strikes me odd is that this is the same week that President Obama stood before The UN and stated his hopes for a nuclear free world with the support of both Russia and China.

Source:

news.yahoo.com...

Iran continues to denounce their quest for nuclear arms yet flexes their muscle any time they feel they are being persecuted. Don't get me wrong, that is a natural reaction and is one that both the US and Israel are guilty of as well.

My main concern is the timing of this release.

1) Same week as "UFO"
2) During global nuclear disarmament talks
3) Heightened Israeli-Iranian tensions following rapidly increased rhetoric against these two opposing nations

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is this another straw in the pile that hints toward WW3 or is this simply a peaceful quest?

This is a story to watch closely for sure...

-Sliadon

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I must admit that I've always been on the side of Iran on this topic. How can any of these "small" countries feel safe knowing that the "big" countries are allowed to have nukes but no one else? It is analogous to state that only the wealthy are allowed to have guns but the rest of the population is allowed only sticks and stones. Being rich makes you responsible? It makes you trustworthy and ethical? It's true that the wealthy have no interest in robbing your trailer house, but they might not mind plowing over it if they wanted a new golf course.

If any nation can have nukes, they should all be allowed them. All or none. It's pretty simple, really. I feel certain that if all nations quit nukes, we would all be better for it. But the fact of the matter is that this matter is between governments. We little people have nothing to do with it but we sure as shootin' will be the ones to pay the price for their games.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well this seals it for a second round of sanctions at least... they'll try at least...the only one in the way would be China.

Maximum, it will just speed up the Israeli strike...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I wonder what ells they might have that we don’t know about. I tell you one thing this will not be like the war we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. If we have to go to war with Iran it will be ugly and a lot of people will die on all sides, I say we NUKE them now, and get it over with. If nothing more it will set an example to the rest of the world not to mess with us.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0369

Yeah let's nuke a bunch if innocent people. You're a good example of why the US military is insane nowadays.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by usmc0369

Yeah let's nuke a bunch if innocent people. You're a good example of why the US military is insane nowadays.

The US nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WWII - they were cities, filled with civilians - hundreds of thousands were killed instantly - and you say the US military is insane 'nowadays'? The radiation sickness and fallout killed and injured millions after - this was the greatest 'holocaust' the world has ever seen - but it is never reflected upon by the west, that it was a crime against humanity of the most violent and unforgivable nature.

Every country has the right to pursue its own defense - and that includes nuclear weapons. The UN security council has managed to retain their power and authority by prohibiting others from attaining nuclear power - and the US in particular has used that power to gain control over most of the world in an increasingly militant imperial expansion. Finally the wheels seem to be falling off the war train, in the form of insolvency - thank god.

While I think that Iran may not have nukes, nor the capability, and are not pursuing it - I wish to hell they were. I wish NK had profoundly more nukes - and I do hope they are safe at the moment from American aggression.

Many countries around the world cannot afford to have democratic governments because they are so easily overthrown by media and the CIA - then western democratic countries criticize them for being dictatorships etc - but if they ever changed to democracy, they would not have the political will or power to prevent their entire country being subsumed by the western propaganda machine. Ignorant voters are the secret controllers best weapon.

Iran has reportedly 30 US channels beaming in continuously - how does it survive in face of this overwhelming barrage of propaganda? By informing their public. Venezuela has exactly the same problem - but they do not chose to censor, they simply try to compete with the western propaganda by telling the truth instead.

Viva le revolution - the French know how to protest and demand the government obey the people - if only Americans weren't so mesmerized by their lie merchants.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Thanks to OP for the thread. I'm posting on yours rather than the one that was started by another member at around the same time as this one seems to be getting the feedback. Btw S&F for you
as this is a vital story.

What a week this has been... We have the UN meeting, the G20 summit starting today, Iran (allegedly) claiming to have shot down an unidentified shiny object on the same day as a major Iranian anniversary celebration, an alleged crash of a military plane on the same day, and now a revelation that Iran has a second nuclear enrichment facility.

Netanyahu will doubtless grab this and run with it to push for stronger action against the "Tyrant in Teheran". (I'm quoting his UN speech.) I'm am not criticizing him if he does, by the way. As his nation's leader that is the way he is expected to deal with this. That doesn't mean I believe everything his side is saying -- or Iran either. There are probably truths and lies on both sides.

My concern is that if a major armed conflict occurs this would lead to innocent people suffering on both sides -- and in modern warfare, women (ie non-combatant women, not soldiers) and children often comprise a large percentage of the casualties.
Civilians will likely bear the brunt of whatever happens, just as they always suffer due to "sanctions"...

I am however very suspicious of the timing of this announcement, and I think there would be general agreement things are definitely not looking good for Iran....This does not bode well for the Middle East as a whole, to be honest. I wish they could find a way to work this out without resorting to military force, but that's looking more and more like a forlorn hope.

[edit on 25/9/09 by JustMike]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
since iran has signed the NPT , they are allowed to do this - , israel has not signed the NPT and is a proliferator of advanvced weapons to `opposition` countries *they sold lvai to china and more*

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Live stream for Obamas response to this breaking news of Iran second nuclear plant... Things are heating up on the streets and inside the g20 summit....

stream

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I'm Sorry for being a little bit bias on this,since I am American.Its hard to apologize for atrocity's America has done in the past,and in the present,since I for one have NO way of changing policy,or had a way to change "past"policy.Being said,I take offense to what your saying,and how your saying it.At least part of it. You said,QUOTE "The US nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WWII - they were cities, filled with civilians - hundreds of thousands were killed instantly - and you say the US military is insane 'nowadays'? The radiation sickness and fallout killed and injured millions after - this was the greatest 'holocaust' the world has ever seen - but it is never reflected upon by the west, that it was a crime against humanity of the most violent and unforgivable nature."Many country's have killed millions of innocent people,maybe not as many in a day,but Stalin killed millions in his country,and so did Hitler.You say the greatest Holocaust,as almost to marginalize what Two dictators had did,minus having the "Bomb"?Its almost laughable to say this country has the right to weapons of mass destruction,its almost as laughable as saying Hitler or Pol Pot should have had them!! QUOTE "While I think that Iran may not have nukes, nor the capability, and are not pursuing it - I wish to hell they were. I wish NK had profoundly more nukes - and I do hope they are safe at the moment from American aggression." Again,you demonize America with Aggression talk,NK, who starves their people to keep their war machine functional,and an Iranian country who silences their protesters with death!!!! I for one find this offensive as a regular human being who wants NO nuclear weapons!!! QUOTE"Iran has reportedly 30 US channels beaming in continuously - how does it survive in face of this overwhelming barrage of propaganda? By informing their public. Venezuela has exactly the same problem - but they do not chose to censor, they simply try to compete with the western propaganda by telling the truth instead." Again,Dictators are bad,just as secret government agendas are bad.Propaganda is bad.Ether from the US,or some Religious based doctrine!!!Chavez with nuclear weapons,would be like Castro with them.It would be like Hitler with them.They would use them.Pakistan and India are prime examples of the powder keg,The Cold War was a powder keg. They would intimidate their neighbors with them.Ask NK. Last your personal Quote,
"That there is no truth is difficult for most to accept. It doesnt come naturally to discard beliefs, but I think that is the start of knowledge - while we have beliefs, we force knowledge to become true or false and so destroy its infinite nature." Knowledge and belief is worthless if you believe ANY country should use weapons of mass destruction,or have them.Their are enough weapons to kill us hundreds of times over.Dont believe your false hype my friend.............

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Bush was saying this for years and was dismissed by everyone, but now that Obama says it, it must be true? I'm amazed again and again how people completely change their opinions since Obama got in office.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

NPT speaks about nuclear weapons, what Lavi/Falcon/UAVs or whatever Israel sells got to do with it - i do not know. Israel sold nuke? Built nuclear reactor in Iran
?
As for Israel selling its military toys - it got the same right as Iran, US,Russia, France ,or Zimbabwe to do so. NPT has nothing to do with non-nukes.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
How convenient announcing it today, Sarko must be fuming. Obama should have laid out the evidence in front of the U.N.

Iran had just hinted to another site the other day apparently so they must have known they got busted by the UAVs.

Sick that they announce it now when they know it will get put on the back burner as soon as something happens in Pittsburgh.

If Israel did not know about this place for sure before then they are probably prepping the jets now.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

You just have to be way too young to experienced life during the so-called cold war to have such a skewed opinion of what went on during those years.

Another clue is the total naivety to think that all countries - including I suppose countries where power changes hands almost monthly - should have nuclear weapons. If that were the case, do you have a clue how short a time it would be before people got to experience a hiroshima in a city near you because some little dictator either carelessly or purposely lost control of one of their nukes?

Another clue for you: We don't live in a black and white, fair is fair world where Marques of Queensbury rules govern the interactions between countries. Most people realize that such a world will likely never exist.

And a young person thinking, "If I can figure this out, why can't the leaders of the world do it?" really hasn't figured it all out ...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Quite honestly.....Why is anyone surprised?

Iran has NEVER been forthcoming about it's nuclear program. It has only admitted to things once it has been discovered by other countries. It has banned the IAEA from looking anywhere except places it has declared. When they IAEA did find a facility it wanted to look at, Iran stalled until they had time to remove the whole complex from the site, including the surrounding topsoil. It was only then that Iran allowed the IAEA to investigate the site, which they found nothing just flat scrapped ground. Nothing going on here, see?

Iran learned from North Korea that the World will wring it's collective hands and if they (Iran) delay and hide things long enough, they will get nuclear weapons.

I don't know why anyone is shocked by Iran's behavior. The real question is "how many other unreported facilities do they have"?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just to clarify some issues......

- Apparently the UK, Israel and USA have known about this site for months, if not years. There was going to be announcement today by Obama to the rest of the international community about this, and Iran realised they had been rumbled. They therefore pre-empted Obama's announcement with one of their own to make themselves look better and give an appearance of at least some co-operation;

- The size of the reactor is apparently too small for fuel purposes, leading to a suspicion of military intentions ;

- The site of the reactor is also suspicious - it is located on a former Republican Guard military site.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
One question I have is:

- What can the international community do, here? Sanctions?!? That is a joke! We went down this road not too long ago with North Korea, and we all know what happened there. So I will ask again - what options do the international community have?!

The game is afoot, my friends.....

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Millions]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

You're absolutely right. I think though the difference is that they have the proof to show everyone now. It's funny that now that Iran has been exposed how China and Russia suddenly back sanctions against them and Iran suddenly tells the Atomic Energy Agency that they have this other site.

Bush was right and Israel was right all along. And we ALL know that Iran's goal is to build enough atomic weapons to launch a single strike at Israel and wipe them out in one fell swoop. I seriously hope this revelation has stopped those evil ambitions once and for all.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Millions
- The size of the reactor is apparently too small for fuel purposes, leading to a suspicion of military intentions ;

- The site of the reactor is also suspicious - it is located on a former Republican Guard military site.

Star for you! Thank you for that addition.

Look how quickly that the major world players are jumping on this situation! There is no way that this was solid intel until just recently. CIA/MI6 might have had some recon photos but nothing conclusive until recently otherwise you would have heard Israel shooting off about this months ago. They claim to have "known about it for years" in the latest of updates but waited until now??

PITTSBURGH – Armed with the disclosure of a secret Iranian nuclear facility, President Barack Obama and the leaders of France and Britain demanded Friday that Tehran fully disclose its nuclear ambitions "or be held accountable" to an impatient world community.

Iran has kept the facility, 100 miles southwest of Tehran, hidden from weapons inspectors until a letter it sent to the IAEA on Monday, publicly disclosed for the first time Friday.

But the U.S. has known of the facility's existence "for several years," a senior White House official said. Obama decided to go public with the revelation after Iran learned that Western intelligence agencies were aware of the project, officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity to let the statements from Obama and the leaders remain the focus.

Definitely something to watch out for!

-Sliadon

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join