It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photographed over Devon"Telegraph"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Found this in the news.Interesting story and unusal picture. www.telegraph.co.uk...

Betts took this photograph with the help of his telescope from his bedroom window Photo: APEX

Lee Betts, 29, spotted the glowing red shape hovering 1,000ft up in the night sky from his bedroom window.

The object moved across the sky for more than an hour on Monday evening before shooting off into the distance.

Mr Betts, of Newton St Cyres near Exeter, said he watched the unidentified object through a telescope before taking the pictures at 9pm.

He said: ''I couldn't believe it at first. The shape was about 100ft long and there were four lights coming from it initially.

''The shape moved slowly and it seemed to pivot on a central axis. Then, without warning, a sudden flash of light like a shooting star went across the sky.

''It was very strange. I have been an amateur astronomer for the past three years and I've never seen anything like it before. It's unexplained.''

A police spokesman said they had not received any reports of a UFO sighting in Devon.

Also in the www.thisisexeter.co.uk...
english.kompas.com...

I would have said chinese lantern but that would not account for the claimed size and movements of the object.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I was going to post this but I didn't think it was worth it. There is another news source with a different picture.

Another source

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

What gets me about the story is if this thing was "100ft long and there were four lights coming from it" and " hovering around 1,000ft off the ground four miles away, towards Thorverton" surley some one else would have seen this?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm sure that someone else saw it, but usually, unless someone makes a report it doesn't get much farther then friends and family. I wonder if anyone on ATS did?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Yeah. That is one of the reasons why I didn't create a thread on this. Surely somebody else would have seen it.

I am going to wait until more people come forward and hopefully with more photos.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Great photo and article,makes you wonder,are there really UFO s hmmm
but the best part of the article is right at the end that the police were not informed.
What are they gonna do book it for no insurance and sky tax

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Almost looks like a frame grab from the notorius "Guardian Case" up near Ottawa. I too am hoping that more evidence is forthcoming otherwise this pic looks like a barbeque gone bad. Waiting....

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/SeppmFri, 25 Sep 2009 15:20:28 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If it was a 1000 feet (300 yards) away, why did he need a telescope?

It's probably a street light.

top topics

join