It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterson Bigfoot footage - point I'd like to make.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'd like to devote an entire new post to this point - due to the fact that it would just be buried in other threads within a day. This involves the Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot footage, and the argument against it. The most common argument against is that Patterson was a scumbag and actively went searching for Bigfoot and low and behold, "He found a Bigfoot!"

Guess what folks, have you ever heard of a thing called the lottery? Somewhere out there a scumbag that doesn't deserve to get rich has won millions of dollars through getting lucky, one-in-hundreds of millions type of odds. People have gone looking for Bigfoot in the past, currently do, and will in the future. The fact that Roger Patterson actively went looking for Bigfoot and found one was very lucky, it doesn't mean it's fake. You also certainly have a better chance of finding one (and recording it) when you're prepared. Other people potentially find evidence, some unexplained - some hoaxed, but other people do try as well.

Patterson was a dirtbag, yes. Did he deserve to find a Bigfoot after all the problems in his life and consequently make a lot of money off of it? No, he didn't. But it happened. Any opinion-based claims that he was hoaxing just because he actively went searching hold no value. It just means he won the lottery.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

I do have a problem with people slandering others characters. Did you know Mr Patterson? Can you make a judgment on his character? There are some who did, but how can we be sure they are not jealous because of what he filmed?

The film and the evidence for it speaks volumes. Let the man who filmed it rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I like looking into the whole Bigfoot phenomenom.

Throughout the past, occurring present, and the oncoming future, people will always be witnesses to Bigfoot. Some of them are telling the truth, some are not. In the whole gist of things, Bigfoot is definately real. People cannot disuade the idea of all those accounts for such a long time. If I saw a 9 foot tall over 500 pound creature, I wouldnt mistake it for a tree stump, bear, etc. It will only get caught (meaning dead or alive) if it is allowed to get caught. There are some higher powers always looking into this issue, which I wont mention, behind the scenes.

Bigfoot is certainly not native (terrestrial) to Earth, but somewhere close by.

In closing comments, I would bet a buffalo nickel, my soul, and the money I have that Bigfoot is a native terrestrial of the Planet Mars and cruises around a bit. I think there is a quarantine going on there as I speak so they dispersed.

new topics

join