It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well this changes Everything!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
With the discovery of water ALL OVER the moon, I think the chances for finding life out there again just skyrocketed. Its not the amount of water that matters because its very small..its that its there on a small dry moon we thought was barren..if water can be there, it can be ANYWHERE in various states, and where there's water..

A huge blow to the skeptics

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25 Sep 09 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Ha! Just in time to bomb the moon on the 8th of October. You've got to bomb somethin' why not the moon?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thank you, pluckynoonez, for citing the source.

Well, I still think it will be years, if not half a century before people actually start moving there (if serious about colonizing). Let us hope that people don't [bleep] up the moon like the Earth.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by DevilJin]

[edit on 25-9-2009 by DevilJin]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

It's not lunacy, probes find water in moon dirt

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

if you both are right maybe it'll rain.
I think it's nice to see, but we already know....there are billions upon billions of galaxies that we know of, and ours, it just so happens, has earth like planets that our wussy little gadgets can detect....the odds themselves speak for, um, themselves.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
With the discovery of water ALL OVER the moon, I think the chances for finding life out there again just skyrocketed. Its not the amount of water that matters because its very small..its that its there on a small dry moon we thought was barren..if water can be there, it can be ANYWHERE in various states, and where there's water..

A huge blow to the skeptics

Why the constant and unmerited dig at skeptics? What does skepticism have do to with water on the Moon? You make it sound as if flowing water was found on the Moon. If it exists, it's probably ice and until it's found and tested the inexperienced cannot comment as if it is potable.

And are you alluding that because there's the possibility that there's water on the Moon it automatically means that there are aliens there and that they drink water?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

ATS link

line 2..

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Why so serious, sckeptical ed?
...er, forget i asked.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I've heard and read something in the past about ice spheres that have been seen in space. I wouldn't doubt these are always accumulating on something like moons and planets. The process of water molecules being formed etc. Maybe we missed that in basic chemistry

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why is it a blow to the skeptics? We've know about water all over the place for a long time. Water on Mars, water in comets, even in interstellar space.

Where there is liquid water there is a greater probability of life. Please point out a single skeptic (on ATS) who has said otherwise. Please point out a single skeptic (on ATS) who has denied the possibility of extraterrestrial life.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yes I doubt this will bother many skeptics at all.

This is probably the 3rd or 4th time news has broken about water being found on the moon. I'm not sure why they're bothering to report on it, since most everybody knows about it already.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

well that's just the thing. skeptics don't deny possibilites they deny, or more accurately, refute evidence. they won't deny possibilities, yet still say it could happen. I'd like to hear the "skeptics" explanation on how they can refute evidence of all things alien yet still proclaim that they exist.
sounds like faith.
faithful skeptics.....has a nice ring to it

[edit on 25-9-2009 by heyo]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Its a new discovery, it wasn't know until the last few days??
What I want to know is..WHERE Is this water coming from, and how is it being produced?! Its obviously not 'old' or it woulda been boiled eons ago..

[edit on 25-9-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Some evidence is refutable. Hoaxes are refutable. Some evidence attributable to prosaic explanations.

There is not enough irrefutable evidence, of a consistent nature, to be considered proof of extraterrestrial visitation. Unexplained does not equal extraterrestrial.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

There are a few theories. It could be "outgassing" from beneath the surface. It could be forming by chemical reactions between oxygen in the lunar soil (which we know is there) and hydrogen in the solar wind.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What is your take on the possibility of intelligent life on other planets? I'm familiar with the drake equation but still not sure where he got his numbers from. I'm thinking that the chance of life evolving on other planets like ours has to be high and I'm also thinking that the chance that they are more evolved then us has to be a probability. What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I thought we were talking about existance of, not visited by.
that being said, proving aliens haven' visited us would entail proving that all these different witnesses are insane.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
the moons supposed to be totally inert, so how can it outgas? Wouldn't that suggest geological activity? nones ever been found has it

Originally posted by Phage

There are a few theories. It could be "outgassing" from beneath the surface. It could be forming by chemical reactions between oxygen in the lunar soil (which we know is there) and hydrogen in the solar wind.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Sorry, when you said "all things alien" I made an assumption. I guess I was taken in by the forum we're in.

You don't have to be insane to be mistaken. But some of them probably are, delusional at least.

I should add that skeptics are not immune from insanity.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ya know i'm kind of on the fence on whether or not aliens have been here. There's just a certain...regurgitation of the refutations of alien life that I can't help but notice, yet can't put my finger on.
Also, you're more of a truthist than a skeptic. It is good to grudgingly deny what has not been proven, even when one wants to believe, imo.

And to be mistaken, where i'm from, means forgetting if your dentist appt. was last wednesday, while saying it was last tuesday.
that's mistaken.
To say i had smokies for din, when in fact i had pizza, that's mistaken.
But what people proclaim to have seen pertaining to et's, it implies that their whole perception of our reality is false....it just just denotes more of an issue than being confused, imho.

Sometimes i think aliens have never been here, and other times i think that they have, and are slapping me in the face with their intelligence, if you catch my drift.

edit: is your pic that guy from third rock from the sun?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by heyo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join