It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs Are Mentioned In The Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

* From the Chinese, the Toltec and the Babylonians, why are there 300 different flood legends from different cultures all over the world?

* Were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark?

* Did dinaosaurs live during the time of Jesus?

* Ever wonder why there are thousands of dragon stories from countries all over the world?

*Does Nessie have cousins all over the world?

* Why are there sea shells and clams on top of mount everest?

Ok, even though I do believe in God I would not call myself a Bible thumper by any means.

While some of the claims made in this video are pretty outlandish, it still makes you wonder if what he says is in some way true. But whether he is a whacko kook or not, he does touch on issues that are often discussed here on ATS, such as creation vs evolution, NWO, a one world religion, the multi cultural flood legends and Nessie.

It's no secret Satan wants Man to doubt God's word, and continues to convince Man to doubt the Bible, which appears to be working.
Given the way Satan deceived Man (Adam) into eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge (Science), could this be analogous to the way he continues to spread his lie about evolution?

With the current state of our public schools and the way children love dinosaurs, it's the perfect recipe of deceit.

"Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox." - Job 40:15
"He moveth his tail like a cedar" - Job 40:17
"His bones are as strong pieces of brass; ..like bars of iron" Job 40:18
"He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens."
(fens = marsh or swamp)
"dragons in the water" - Psalms: 74:13
"he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea" - Isaiah: 27-1

What's also interesting is the fact that the person in this video also talks about how Saddam Hussein rebuilt the Ancient City of Babylon. Perhaps this might explain some of the events that lead up to the Iraq War and more importantly why Saddam was removed from power???

I think even the hard core evolutionists might agree with the person in the video on some issues, while at the same time many religious fundies may not.
How ironic is this 180?

It's my understanding the guy in this video, Dr Kent Hovind - aka Dr Dino, is now serving 10 years behind bars for tax evasion of some sort, but this should not negate from the points he makes here.

In fact, this alone should lead to ask another important question of Why?
...was he on to something here?
...was he targeted to shut him up?

(click to open player in new window)

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I believe in dinosaurs, and I believe they are mentioned in the Bible. I also think that Hovind is correct on almost all his points. However, this thread has been covered many times in other discussions. Please refer to the search engine for the site.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
* From the Chinese, the Toltec and the Babylonians, why are there 300 different flood legends from different cultures all over the world?

Because floods happen all over the world. Most of these oft-cited "flood myths" either have nothing in common with the biblical flood, or are exact copies of the biblical story... recorded after that community had contact with Christian / Muslim missionaries.

* Were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark?

* Did dinaosaurs live during the time of Jesus?

Well, we call them "birds" more often than we call them "dinosaurs" but, sure.

* Ever wonder why there are thousands of dragon stories from countries all over the world?

Because there are big scary carnivorous reptiles that live in the water and eat people. They're called crocodiles. They make for good scary stories, and like most legends, the further away from them you get, the more embellished the story gets.

*Does Nessie have cousins all over the world?

If hoaxes can be said to have anything by way of family, of course.

* Why are there sea shells and clams on top of mount everest?

Because the Himalayas were beachfront property until India smacked into the Eurasian supercontinent roughly ten million years ago. India's still moving north, and the Himalayas are growing taller at a rate of about 5mm a year.

While some of the claims made in this video are pretty outlandish, it still makes you wonder if what he says is in some way true. But whether he is a whacko kook or not, he does touch on issues that are often discussed here on ATS, such as creation vs evolution, NWO, a one world religion, the multi cultural flood legends and Nessie.

No it doesn't. Generally when I see a kookbat foaming at the mouth about one crazy thing after another, it doesn't incline me to think that maybe he has a nugget of awesome truth hidden in there. A crazy ignorant person is only a truthteller if people buy into him as the next great prophet. Ask any Mormon!

It's no secret Satan wants Man to doubt God's word, and continues to convince Man to doubt the Bible, which appears to be working.
Given the way Satan deceived Man (Adam) into eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge (Science), could this be analogous to the way he continues to spread his lie about evolution?

Chick tracts aside, Satan is actually a servant of god. he's god's pop quiz, really. Look through the bible. Nowhere will you find Satan acting in opposition to god - Kinda hard to act in opposition to an omnipotent, omniscient being, after all. his role is to test mankind's dedication to god - and he answers directly to god. Why is this?

Because the god in the bible is an amazingly large dick.

At any rate, you really shouldn't be calling evolution a "lie" when the basis for your argument is the existence of a demigod of evil who's role for (unquestionably!) existing is to tweak the nose of a similar, rather more powerful force that apparently represents total good and who's existence you also don't question.

With the current state of our public schools and the way children love dinosaurs, it's the perfect recipe of deceit.

You're calling evolution a lie. Don't lament the state of schools - you're part of the problem.

"Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox." - Job 40:15
"He moveth his tail like a cedar" - Job 40:17
"His bones are as strong pieces of brass; ..like bars of iron" Job 40:18
"He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens."
(fens = marsh or swamp)
"dragons in the water" - Psalms: 74:13
"he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea" - Isaiah: 27-1

Behemoth - you're aware, of course, that at the time the Bible had that "new book smell", there were elephants and rhinoceroses living in the middle east, right? Also very probably wisent (like a bulkier version of bison). Giant grass-eating buttkicking animals were all over the place.

"He moveth his tail like a cedar" - ever seen a cedar move in any fashion resembling a tail? I haven't.

Fens, dragons, water... May I refer you to the point about crocodiles? Pretty common in the Nile, and were regular visitors in the Tigris and Euphrates, and of course, saltwater crocodiles lived throughout the Indian ocean, including the red Sea and Persian Gulf.

What's also interesting is the fact that the person in this video also talks about how Saddam Hussein rebuilt the Ancient City of Babylon. Perhaps this might explain some of the events that lead up to the Iraq War and more importantly why Saddam was removed from power???

What the video might not tell you is that the "rebuilt babylon" is farcical - it's on a tremendously smaller scale (the "tower of babylon" is only two stories high), it's made of cheap Iraqi cement, and every brick, block, and even some of the mortar used is inscribed with Saddam's name. He didn't rebuilt babylon. He made a babylon-themed putt-putt course.

I think even the hard core evolutionists might agree with the person in the video on some issues, while at the same time many religious fundies may not.
How ironic is this 180?

Likely not, since hard-core evolutionists tend to be the sorts who let fact get in the way of a good fantasy.

It's my understanding the guy in this video, Dr Kent Hovind - aka Dr Dino, is now serving 10 years behind bars for tax evasion of some sort, but this should not negate from the points he makes here.

No, the fact that his points are nonsensical is what negates them. The fact that he's serving ten years for tax evasion because he claimed his website was a church and thus he was tax-exempt is just a funny, funny footnote.

In fact, this alone should lead to ask another important question of Why?
...was he on to something here?
...was he targeted to shut him up?

No, he was targeted because he owed the IRS money for several years of tax evasion.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You are assuming that evolution is true. It's only a theory. Even within the scientific community there is differences in opinions on evolution. That means when someone uses the argument about why are there different religions if God exists, then the same question could be asked about evolution.

Evolution. Evolving continually in order to survive. The survival of the fittest. What if no global catastrophic event happens to halt it. I am not saying that the environment stops changing. Then evolution would be continual. No end. We would be evolving through Infinity. I mean if it is true then we would evolve all the way to pure conscience energy. Here is where I get a little confused about the whole thing. If we evolve into pure conscience energy with the ability to manipulate matter, because matter is the potential for energy, isn't that like evolving to a god. So evolution could in all probability prove the existence of God.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Conclusion]

1 Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,
2 Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.
3 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.
5 Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.
6 Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
7 Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
8 Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?
9 Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?
10 Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.
11 Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him.
12 Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.
13 Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret.
14 Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.
15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to
approach unto him.
20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can
draw up Jordan into his mouth.
24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.1

www.bibleinsong.com...

Notice how He moves his tail like a cedar. What animal do you know of has a tail like that?

He is referring to the size of the tail.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ugh this type of discussion hurts my head because there will never be a resolution.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

lol. I hear ya on that one.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

TheWalkingFox you made many claims in your post and one of the ones that stood out to me was the following:

Most of these oft-cited "flood myths" either have nothing in common with the biblical flood, or are exact copies of the biblical story... recorded after that community had contact with Christian / Muslim missionaries.

Do you have sources to support this claim?

Like do you have a source to a flood story created by a culture AFTER that culture was exposed to Christanity?

top topics

join