It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey! My Story: Seeking Advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
What's up ATS. Been a lurker for a long time. Joined not to long ago. Alas I do not have the 20 posts to make a new thread.

This post is going to be long, but I wish you would read it all. I've really felt the urge to post this and it comes straight from the heart.

So I'm 18. I've always seen through the government's lies, the joke that religion is, and the way the media fabricates things. I used marijuana as an outlet to my frustration due to the fact that no one else seemed to realize these things except for a couple of my close friends and I went through a period of depression. So I dropped out of High School halfway through my senior year because I was fed up with the school system. Just making me memorize things and never actually "learning", and to get out of the indoctrination system it's becoming. I finished my last semester of highschool through online courses.

Realizing I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I then proceeded to get a job and ended up working 60 hours a week, at 7 dollars an hour base hourly, a hard physical labor job. I use to be the teenager that thought he knew it all and I was very rebellious. After working this job it "put things in perspective" so to speak. I realized just how expensive food and everything else is.

Once the job was over I knew I didn't want to be some lazy stoner, working a dead end job for the rest of his life and feared riducule from others for not being successful. BUT I also did not want to go to college and accumulate a life time's worth of debt and work my 9-5 at some desk job. ( no offense it's just not for me)

So what else was my option? The Navy. I turned to the navy because of jobs like the Diver and the SEALs. Parachuting, scuba diving, and the sort seemed to adventurous and exciting, just the kind of life I wanted to live. On top of that, no school debt, I'd be well of financially. So I signed up with encouragement from my parents, (who are complete sheep , but I love them dearly). So I'm in this program now called the Delayed Entry Program. It's where you wait around 6 months before you go off to bootcamp, but you can have your contract shredded any time. My ship date isn't until February and the past few months I've done alot of
soul searching.

After watching these summit videos the last thing I want to be is the police guys fighting off the protestors. And that's exactly what I would be doing in the navy, fighting some war for the politicians. (even if it would be adventurous and exciting)

I read a quote by Albert Einstein saying, "The pioneers of a warless world are the [youth] who refuse military service."

And that's exactly what I want. Peace. A peaceful world. Call me a hippie or whatever. But that's what I want to do. I'm at the point now where I don't even care if my parents think I'm some loser or anyone else for that matter because I know the truth. I can see through everything. All the bs. I would rather work 100 lifetimes at some job I hate then live a life where my job is working for a corrupt government, however exciting it may be.

I now know what I want to do. I want to help shape this world what it was meant to be. I want us to come together as fellow human beings. But how? Where do I even begin? What kind of jobs do this?

Comments, questions, advice please due tell!.

EDIT: edited for some spelling mistakes

[edit on 24-9-2009 by doped00]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Kudos to you for wanting to dedicate your life to making the world a better place.

Saving the world is a big job. If everyone made an effort to do things to better the world, even if in small seemingly insignificant ways, what changes we could see.

One person can make a significant contribution by finding there passion and doing it. I suggest you do what you love. Perhaps it involves animals, people or the fragile earth. You know yourself better than anyone on this board.

There are loads of helping professions.

An older, but good book to help you narrow things down is; "What Color is Your Parachute?"

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well at least you seem to have shown the first glimmer of enlightenment at such a young age, you've realised that you want to work towards the greater good, this is altruistic, noble and right. And it often takes people many decades to fully understand that this is exactly what life is really all about, why we are here, the reason why every person exists is essentially to apply the talents they have been given for the greater good of mankind, contrary to their own selfishness and ego.

So kudos for that

So, where do you begin? Well you've already taken the most important step and achieved the most important realization, naturally, everything should come together from here. If your motivation is truly altruistic and not self-serving, you are essentially on the right path, serving your own true will, and I wouldn't be surprised if you started to notice a lot of synchronicities from hereon out.

Anyway where do you start? Well first it starts with insight, you need to know yourself, know what you're good at, know what you enjoy doing, if you really want to do your best for the greater good of peoples then you need to apply yourself with what you are most talented. So ask yourself...what am I good at? How can these skills be applied to make a difference towards the greater good? So yes, essentially you need to be doing more soul searching, looking inwards, understanding yourself and what you feel your 'true will' really is.

But like I said you've already taken the most important step, to be totally sincere and honest with oneself with the declaration that you truly want to apply yourself in striving towards achieving the greater good, this is a very humble and virtuous thing to do. So in that take some heart, know that what you are doing is right and it therefore supersedes the so-called advice or judgment you might experience from peers and especially adults. Be confident in the knowledge that what you are doing is right, and apply yourself from there.

I'm sorry I can't offer you anything more specific, but that's not my job, but nonetheless I wish you the best in your endeavors, and I just wish we had many more people both your age or not coming to this realization, if we did, this world would be 1000 times better for all of us.

God Speed fellow Altruist.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Stared and flagged

Friend, your life sounds a lot like mine. I can appreciate your not wanting to join the military for fear of having to turn against your countrymen. Though that may be true, it's also true that military service might be an avenue to make those changes which concern you. At the very least, it would make more since than just protesting. Anyone can just protest, and there are millions of ways to protest, some more affective than others.

You strike me as a young man who has saddled himself with to many worries and responsibilites. my advice to you is live life first. That is after all, the reason why you are here. Make that your first priority. If you want to change the world, make that a secondary priority. There is no reason why you cannot do both. Your heart and mind are in the right place. The only real harm you can do to yourself is compromising with what you know to be right and wrong.

Let me let you in on a little secret, we all serve the same howling monster where we are willing to admit it or not. In one way or another we all are guilty of feeding it. Never think it is your duty and responsibility alone to kill the monster, Killing the monster is our duty and responsibility as well. It's what binds us.

So, live life first and you will do fine.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It's very simple. Follow your heart. Do some job that no one else will do for the very least pay you can survive on - and I mean that literally. Don't clutter your surroundings with electronics, clothes, furniture, etc. Four walls, a futon on the floor, and minimal/humble food is all you need. Learn to take immaculate care of those things. Give the remaining time to journeying into your soul. You don't need anything else. The more ascetic, the better.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
One of the most important lessons to learn in this life, is that you have to "play by the rules" even if you dont believe in them.

I totally feel your heart, and share with you your hatred of the system- but at some point- as youve come to realize- there is little you can do to stand up to the "man" other than continuing with the efforts to overthrow the NWO in ways that dont jeopordize your safety, your family, or your life.

I deff think going into the military will be one of the worst mistakes of your life. You already think differently than most of the people in the military. Think of how angry you will feel keeping your thoughts to yourself as your scolded by a superior officer bull# that makes you want to just laugh in your face.

You ARE A FREEDOM FIGHTER but you dont have to be in the military to do so.

You want a path, a play, something to do with your life? Hell we all do- and we all were there at your age...most of us are still wandering. And no matter what job you choose in this life- whether it be a construction worker, doctor, desk clerk, or a fire man- its not going to be "fun". Working a job- as a slave to our government- is never going to fufill you.
What you can do- is find something that you atleast tolerate enough to create a life- (outside of work) that can satisfy you.

Tell you what you can do---
Drop out of the military
You can find jobs (i know this) that pay more than 7 an hour- try being a waiter at an Olive Garden or Ruby Tuesdays (thats how I started out)
Get your GED (to play along with the system)

You want nice things in life? You have to know how to move up the system.
You have to get your GED!
You should go to Community College- and you can borrow money from the Government to do so
Or you can go to a Technical College and learn a skill
Then---

You will have so many more options open to you.
You will be able to Choose what you want to do to make money.
You will be able to provide, for when you choose to have a wife and family some day.

I get that now- that seems so far off. But every decision you make now- affects the rest of your life.

Choose wisely my friend
Good Luck!

Source: Wisdome from a 29 yr old who has been through hell and back trying to make it in this life- was on my own at the age of 17- worked my way up the corportate ladder to making $40k at 20 years old.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 25-9-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
doped, I think we have the exact same mind-set right now. I couldn't have described my life any better.. I am 19 and in the same boat although I have some legal issues I have to get through but when I was finished with that I was planning on going into the marines (if they'd take me) or the Army which i've been set on for a while.. After believing the stuff I have read about now I am torn... 1. because theres no way im taking that vaccine shot 2. I don't want to go risk my life fighting a war thats seemingly meaningless because of some greedy scum and 3. I also don't want to have to be put into a position where my duty is to round people up to go to FEMA summer camp... I don't know if I want to join because it's a last resort? or for the somewhat exciting lifestyle or to just get outta here for a while. Either way it's a tough choice and any advice you are given will help me as well. Thanks for the input everyone

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
First let me say welcome to ATS.

You seem to have things figured out for what you want to do with your life. That is always the first step.

As being part of the DEP program in the military you do have to right to decide not to go. They will give you a lot of flack for it but you can get out. However, the military is not always bad. I don't want you to have the wrong idea about service if you choose to go. I was never in the Navy so I cannot tell you your experience would be the same as mine in the Army. What I can tell you is that even though there were times that I did not see the reason for what was going on. There were also moments that I felt like I was making a difference. Now a little of back story, I spent 4+ years overseas and not all in active combat areas. I do not get into politics or anything of that nature on these boards so let me put it like this. While in the Army I traveled to numerous countries. Some not great and other were wonderful just to see. While in S. Korea the company I was assigned to adopted a local orphanage. For Christmas we bought presents for every kid there and took them to the orphanage. For some of those children it was not only the first Christmas they had ever had we were the first interactions they had with Americans. We spent the day with them and took them to a local park where we played soccer and acted like children all over again ourselves. That day I knew we did something great. I can also recall a point where we were in a convoy through a remote town. As our convoy passed this little corner shop a civilian saluted us. He held his salute until every vehicle in the convoy passed. Now obviously we did not stop to ask why he did that but as we were "shootin' the (four letter word) latter on it was the common understanding between us it was a thank you. So while my time in the Army had its' bad days where I did not feel like I was doing much, it had its' really good ones as well. Those days I knew I had made a difference.

My long drawn out point is that it is your choice on what to do. Just do not choose hastily. By no means can anyone tell you that you are wrong about not wanting to go into the military. Plain and simple of it is that the military is not for everyone. Not because they are not good enough or too weak or anything that some wish to say about it. Just simply put some do and some do not. That is your choice to make. I cannot speak for everyone that has served. I can speak for myself though and I will not think anything bad of anyone that chooses not to. Just weigh your options and go from there.

I wish you the best of luck and see you on the boards.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
sad_eyed_lady: Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll definitely get my hands on it.

xynephadyn: I do have my high school diploma. I received it through online courses.

I really appreciate all the advice so far. This is exactly what I was after.

Thanks for all the input. It means a lot.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by doped00]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow, reading through the first paragraph of this made me think it was actually me being written about. I’m telling you what a crazy feeling lol. Well to start off “So I'm 18. I've always seen through the government's lies, the joke that religion is, and the way the media fabricates things." taken exactly from my thoughts im telling you. "I went through a period of depression. So I dropped out of High School halfway through my senior year because I was fed up with the school system. Just making me memorize things and never actually "learning", and to get out of the indoctrination system it's becoming. I finished my last semester of high school through online courses". Wow again except I left in my junior year. "I now know what I want to do. I want to help shape this world what it was meant to be. I want us to come together as fellow human beings. But how? Where do I even begin?" Same questions I have still with no answers but I can offer you my advice. For myself my battle with depression and the things that make me who I am im going to be a clinical psychologist. I found all this NWO conspiracy stuff and ive always believed in all of it from day one. I want to take a stand I will take a stand but I just don’t know how at the moment. So at the end of the day do what makes you happy, stand up for what you believe in, love those who love you and exist to live don’t live to exist.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

"So at the end of the day do what makes you happy, stand up for what you believe in, love those who love you and exist to live don’t live to exist."

Thanks for the words of advice.

To all who took the time to reply, I want to thank you. There has been a lot of things said that I took to heart.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm extremely glad that you see world peace as something actually obtainable. The first step toward making something a reality is accepting the possibility of it being one. ^_^

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Perfectly worded, OP.

I can say that I have been through it all with you, having been one of those close friends you mentioned.

My mind almost seems clouded when I try to think past 3 years ahead of me.

Is this the feeling of evolution inside our brain?

I feel like I was sitting next to you when you wrote this.

-trey

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Deeply inspiring man.

I got something to say though. My old man joined the Navy when he was 17 in 1967-68 just in time for the Tet Offensive in Vietnam. He was pretty much in the same situation your in, didn't know which direction to go. All I got to say is, my old man to this day 40yrs later, still regrets going into the service to fight an unwinnable war, he was never the same again. So, make sure you make the right decision bud, don't become a statistic.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing ! My advice ? The path towards peace means following
your attention with a commitment of truth ! Knowing Truth means growing an awareness with sincerity ! Your insistence to your own sincerity requires a
discipline not common for your age. But by obeying your truth your mind will grow with a sharpness and clarity that open to an awareness of peace that will transcend you and those who Know you.

PEACE TO YOU !

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Personally I love the army...

Love the traning, discipline, all the adventures and stuff. And I was going to enlist myself with the army when I was young.

I didn't do it because of the reason that you stated yourself in your post.

Being a good disciplined soldier is rewarding for sure. But if you look at it from a particular point of view (my point of view). You'll notice that soldiers are very similar to sheep.

They get sent to the slaughterhouse (battlefield) by their owner (the president in our case) and for what?

To fight for a foolish politician that sits his ass down all day barking orders, throwing taxes at us and paying us with measly nuts?

To protect a civilization that doesn't care about anything? (most of the people in this generation don't care about anything at all)

Anyway, just sharing my opinion here. Don't quit because of me! If you like what you're doing, keep going

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I actually ended up getting out of the Delayed Entry Program and am no longer joining the Navy. I just couldn't do it. No matter the benefits, the money for school, and what a "great career" choice it was. I seemed to have let down a lot of my immediate family, but they just don't understand. There is more to life than having money and being well off financially. Just think if the money we spend on coming up with better ways to kill each other was spent towards helping people and humans as a whole. I can only imagine I suppose....

So for now I'm trying to get a job in this mess we call an economy and what happens after that I have no idea. Only time will tell, but eventually I would love doing some type of work where I can help people.

Whatever happens I'm not to worried about. I will continue to enjoy life and keep the people that mean the most to me close. And as Bob Marley says,

"Every little thing gonna be alright"

[edit on 28-10-2009 by doped00]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

Me too, I don't have yet the 20 post to send a message to a friend.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join