It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United Nations~Deunifying Nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Preamble, United Nations Charter

WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED

* to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and

* to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and

* to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and

* to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom, AND FOR THESE ENDS

* to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and

* to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and

* to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and

* to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,

HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the United Nations.

www.un.org...

When Franklin D Roosevelt coined the term United Nations in 1942, did he think that his treatise of 26 allied nations fighting the axis powers would turn into the debacle and pantomime of fools we see today?
The Charter of the United Nations was signed on 26 June 1945, in San Francisco, at the conclusion of the United Nations Conference on International Organization, and came into force on 24 October 1945. The charter has been amended since its inception, but these amendments appear to be a play on words. Very little honoring and enacting of the charter have we been graced with.

There are good people, hard working people in the UN, but they are outnumbered by the machinations of its ruling council. The display in New York this week was like watching a less interesting Idol, and in this case we have no opportunity to vote off our least appealing performers.
Personally I would have awarded the increasingly insane yet alarmingly comforting Moammar Gadhafi as winner of the Deunified-United Nations 2009.
Following his goofy gush that President Obama should be made President for life, I felt pangs of familiarly reading his speech. Upon rereading I realised I was perhaps reading an ATS post.

*He tore up the charter.
*He wants the assassination of JFK to be reopened!
*He wants the super powers to compensate Africa for not only colonialism that send them to abject poverty, but also for conspiring to keep Africa starving and in constant wars. I believe the asking price for such subjugation (at today’s exchange rate from the Libyan Dinars, converted to Israeli Sheckles minus a exchange commission through travelex) leaves 7.7 trillion USD.
OK fess up Gadhafi who are you on ATS?

Obama's rhetoric smacked of uselessness, perhaps he feels the stupidity of the UN, never the less his urging world leaders to help bring about a nuclear-free world, tackle climate change and promote peace caused a cartoon cloud to appear above my head of a beauty queen asking for world peace

Past winners of Deunified United Nations idol include
-Russia’s Krushkev calling the Philippines Sumulong a Imperialist lackey for the U.S. when it was not his turn to speak.

-Last years winner Amadinahjed was slightly milder this time, perhaps because most of the room left his performance and he was speaking to crickets****
His speeches are just cover versions of old Deunified United Nations Idol hits such as the classic gold selling record by:Idi Amin

- Idi Amin of Uganda, who dressed in his army medals costume ranting in Swahili:
"Not only should Israel be drummed out of the U.N but it should disappear as a state to make way for a Palestinain nation"

-Who could forget Yaser Arafat’s rousing performance that got a standing ovation from all except Israel and the US when he puffed his chest displaying a empty gun holder and turned to Israel and sang softly "Do not let the Olive branch fall from my hand"
Sony Musics best song writers couldn’t produce this hit.

So as they have pretty much failed in respect to their charter through all the genocides and starvations and abuses up to the date and minute of this post, I ask, why do we still have it? Should it be disbanded like its failed predecessor the League of Nations after it failed to prevent World War 2?
Not only should the UN in its current state be disbanded but the new system (probably as bad in no time at all) should charge them with crimes against humanity. Their charter has failed time and again:
-Stalin’s slaughter of 20 million Russians and displacement of 28 million
-Palestine genocide
-Hussein’s genocide of Kurds
-The genocide of Muslims in India
-60000 Muslims slaughtered in Srebrenica in the 1990'sa town that WAS under UN peace keeping control
-Khmer Rouge and Polpott in the Killing fields
-Idia min Uganda
Darfur
-The genocides in India/Africa and Asia through deliberate food shortages causing starvation.
Over 1 million Iraqis killed since the US led invasion
and many many more hits can they add to their Best Of Album.

Whilst the individual nations and people in control are to blame for these atrocities, the question remains, what is the point of this nincompoopery council when its charter is never enacted in time. I see little purpose to it other than as a old Soap Box for Machiavellian Muppets to stand on to posture and rant.

It would cost us less, inconvenience less people if we popped these colourful characters in front of a worldwide TV audience. Let the world decide I say, let us text in our votes and cast you off for your awful performances and poor contribution to the human collective

[edit on 25-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
But the U.N. does serve a very important role as they are the ones that give "stern warnings" to those countries that commit atrocities.

Someone has to do it, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Good post zazz, although I would like to note that the United States was never part of the League of Nations. That in a large way played a major part as to why it failed(as a major Superpower not joining) and why Germany took advantage of not listening to the US-less league in 1935. Furthermore, since the league was proposed by former US President Woodrow Wilson but never ratified it themselves that also hurt.

But all in all the outbreak of WW 2 was the "straw that broke the Camels back". As far as the rest of your post goes, I agree that the UN is not living up to expectations. In reality it seems more like a "prop" then anything real or with power, in other words the UN does appear at times to be counterfeit. In my humble opinion the only way to EVER make a world organization work is to have the entire world unified under one government and one leader. Other then that it will never work, it will always be too disorganized.

So am I calling for a one world government? YES I am, as I think that could work out very well if it was set up the right way. Other than that I see no way for something so disorganized as the UN to ever have any type of power beyond paper. It was (is) a good gesture and step however, but another step needs to be made. Great thread again zazz, star and flag, thank you for posting this and getting this discussion started up for all of us.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Let's make a new preamble for the Un, one that shows them not caring while people are suffering and dieing day by day

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for your reply JK

Just a pointer, never mentioned the US was in the League of Nations, as Im not American, it never occured to me to be a issue.

The UN is as useless as the League of Nations, with out or without the US.
Well its not useless, its charter is a farce, its hidden purpose as a corporation that allows the big business of war to continue is a very successful mechanism.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The UN is a Joke...

It's run by the winners of a 60 year old war for starters...

I disagree also that there are"good hard working people" at the UN, they are mostly loons who worship pseudo science. The typical person working for The Un (having grown up in NY and gone to school with allot of kids from around the world who's parents worked there) are weird Utopian sort of hippies without a real clue that pull psycho babble from psychology today to define people and strange environmental concerns from equally weak psuedo science publications.

These are not bright people and neither are our leaders, we still put people in power based on popularity... this is why we have no Presidents in the USA or virtually anywhere else that could be labeled genius, our process of leadership is the same as High School it's pathetic...

Intelligence

Is not a requirement, education barely matters and frankly I don't think you should be allowed to lead any nation if you can't break 140 on the IQ scale

These outbursts we see, it's because:

Quadaffi Duck minus Charisma would be a Bus Driver...

Ahmediinedimedin.... urr whatever... Minus Religious fervor Would be running a cheap Motel somewhere along a train route in America

Kim Jong Il Minus Nepotism would be a Sex offender in prison

and

Obama Minus a moronic Racial Debate 40 years after the 60's ended and Good Teleprompter skills would be a... Community Organizer in the Hood

Our leaders are going to stink and any United Nations will fail until such a point as Intelligence and qualifications are required to hold offices around the world

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

These outbursts we see, it's because: Quadaffi Duck minus Charisma would be a Bus Driver...
Ahmediinedimedin.... urr whatever... Minus Religious fervor Would be running a cheap Motel somewhere along a train route in America
Kim Jong Il Minus Nepotism would be a Sex offender in prison

You mean they wouldnt even make it onto the Idol stage?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The UN has no teeth. In effect, the united States provides the core of any enforcement of UN resolutions. So if the Us doesn't like the UN resolutions, they don't get enforced. if the US enjoys the atrocities being committed elsewhere - whether from the propaganda benefit of Stalin's purges or the financial benefit of the destruction of Africa and latin America by CIA-employed dictators, then those atrocities will not be looked at until they are no longer useful.

The UN is only as good as its core members - the US, China, Great Britain, France, Russia.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Hey zazzafrazzles!

I am happy to see you posting on ATS more and more.

I wrote a United Nations Security Council thread you might like to check out.

U.N.S.C. and 2012 : Political Ideologies, Nations United, and Views on Terrorism : Conflict Earth

It seems more and more people are getting interested in the United Nations.

new topics

top topics

join