It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*The Grand Thread Of Unsolved Mysteries

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Bravo man. It's five AM and I can't sleep and you just gave me something to do for a little while.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Bravo! Standing Ovation, and Wow.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I hope you get lots of applauses.
Can't wait to get back later today to have fun reading them all.
For now, star/flag/subscribe.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Comte de St. Germain is one of my favorite people and mysteries of all time. immortality is exists! and he is proof.... sorta

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Growing up, I remember being enthralled by the Lost Dutchmen mine, it was nice to see something about it again
That must have taken you quite a while to put all this up. S&F and hopefully we see some more good threads come about because of this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
S&F from me, fascinating read for sure and at this time of the morning (6:15AM) a much welcome interference to my insomnia.

(Still wondering how much Vodka would be needed to have any kind of sexual interaction with a hairy, non-domesticated Russian woman, somebody clearly did, as the story says, she had children).

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

(Still wondering how much Vodka would be needed to have any kind of sexual interaction with a hairy, non-domesticated Russian woman, somebody clearly did, as the story says, she had children).

no doubt the beer goggles were in heavy use.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
WOW!!!
Thanks for thsi collection of marvelous reading material, i will definitely be studying some of these unknown mysteries.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thanks for putting all that together. Loads of stuff to research. I was fascinated by the metal spheres from South Africa. I looked them up & found this, which sadly makes perfect sense.
Perhaps they shaved that Russian woman?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! Several of these mysteries I had heard of, some I even spent some time reading about, but you have some in your list that are new to me. Those will need more attention from me.

You took some time to research and compile this list. It took more time to post it. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Editing to say that you have been Flagged.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by rawiea]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormseeker
Growing up, I remember being enthralled by the Lost Dutchmen mine, it was nice to see something about it again
That must have taken you quite a while to put all this up. S&F and hopefully we see some more good threads come about because of this thread.

Yes, me too. I'd love to read more about the Dropa Stones. That one in particular caught my attention.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Fantastic, really enjoyed reading that, thanks

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I agree I also really enjoyed reading this. I had read about most of them before but its always good to read them again and refresh the memory.

Some amazing mysteries!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Now that is some interesting reading, didnt know about a lot of that.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
You forgot the small matter of boys going missing In Adelaide South Australia called the family killings. and ending up dead......theres been at least 5 of them so far but i'm sure theres many,many more

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
Bermuda Triangle

The Bermuda triangle is an area of water in the North Atlantic Ocean in which a large number of planes and boats have gone missing in mysterious circumstances. Over the years many explanations have been put forward for the disappearances, including bad weather, alien abductions, time warps, and suspension of the laws of physics.

Although substantial documentation exists to show that many of the reports have been exaggerated, there is still no explanation for the unusually large number of disappearances in the area.

Great thread.

I always found the Bermuda Triangle interesting and theres certainly been some very strange reports - heres a freaky one from 1980:

The Disappearance of flight N3808H, Puerto Rico, 1980

Location. Mona Channel, Caribbean Ocean near Puerto Rico

Date: June 28 1980

Time: 2003

At 1810 Jose Antonio Maldonado Torres and his friend, Jose Pagan Santos, took off from Las Americas International Airport in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in an Ercoupe aircraft marked N3808H.
The Ercoupe was owned by Santo’s father Jose Pagan Jimenez, an Aero
Police officer in Puerto Rico. They were bound for home in Puerto Rico. At 2003 the Las Mesas radar site and several aircraft picked up radio transmissions from N3808H:

“Mayday, Mayday, Ercoupe ocho cero, eight zero, zero, Hotel. We can see a strange object in our course, we are lost, Mayday, Mayday.”

An Iberia Airlines flight IB-976 en route from Santo Domingo to Spain responded to the Mayday and received a reply:

“Ah we are going from Santo Domingo to ah San Juan International but we found ah a weird object in our course that made us change course about three different times we got it right in front of us now at one o’clock, our heading is zero seven zero degrees…our altitude one thousand six hundred a zero seven zero degrees…our VORs got lost off frequency…”

Iberia Flight IB-976 then relayed a message from San Juan Center asking N3808H to turn on their transponder.
N3808H replied that the Ercoupe was not equipped with a transponder. At 2006 Iberia IB-976 asked for their call sing and estimated position and received this reply:

“Right now we are supposed to be a about thirty five miles from the coast of Puerto Rico but we have something weird in front of us that make us lose course all the time I changed our course a second (unintelligible) our present heading right now is three hundred we are right again in the same stuff sir.”

They were not heard from again. At 2012 the Atlantic Fleet Weapons Range verified the last radar position of N3808H as thirty five miles west of Puerto Rico. A search that included Santos’s father was then mounted which centered on this last radar position. It was discontinued after two days when no trace had been found. No trace was ever found.

www.ufocasebook.com...
Pilot recording

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Awesome list of some truly baffling cases.Just wanted to add a big thankyou for taking time & effort into putting this all together.Cheers.(I hope this created a second line!!Lol)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i love all of these, great mysteries which boggle the human mind and shake the arrogance of mankind to our knees... love it.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Roswell, in my opinion, is the greatest one.

Besides that, the ones you have posted are very thought provoking and I enjoy reading stuff like this.

Thank you.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I dont know about the rest but the "shroud of turin" has been busted for some time now. Its a print caused by long exposure to the sun on the fabric. I'll see if i can find the vids for you to look at but it was some time ago so im not promising anything o.k

www.shroud.com...

www.shroud.com...

www.ohioshroudconference.com...

O.k not busted for sure allow me to correct myself. But these pdf's show some interesting possibilitys as to how it could have been created.

Enjoy.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Algebra]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Strange Mystery of Victorio Peak

As Doc explored the side caverns of Victorio Peak, he found amazing riches amounting to extreme wealth by today’s standards. Jewels, coins, saddles, and priceless artifacts were everywhere, including a gold statue of the Virgin Mary. In one chamber, he found an old Wells Fargo box and leather pouches neatly stacked to the ceiling. He even found some old letters, the most recent of which was dated 1880. On the lid of one old chest were words written in old English script. The contents of the caverns appeared to represent several different nationalities, and it baffled him.

www.theoutlaws.com...

TESLA WEAPON EVENT AT BELL ISLAND, CANADA, 1978

- The fuse box in the Bickfofd's home blew up and shot 2 fuses 20 ft. down the hall and left imprints in the opposite wall. - fuses were not blown. - Seconds before the "Boom" Mr. Bickford's daughter, Cynthia heard a loud sound, like P.A. feed-back and Mrs. B.heard hailstones hitting her bedroom window and felt a terrible pressure in her head. - All light switches and TV were blown out. - A ball of fire shot of the oven and passed through the front door. - A neighbor saw a blue flame shoot up out of an iron baking pan. - Many neighbor's lights came on for a few seconds but switches were off. - Many neighbor's TV's and electrical appliances were destroyed. - Blue flames shot out of plumbing fixtures. (neighbor's) - Boy on a bike saw a ball of blue fire 3 ft in diameter hovering, with orange around the edges, discharging sparks from the outer surface of the ball. - A grandfather clock that had not worked in years, suddenly started and the hands moved forward at an accelerated rate. (Paul Bickford) - The bickford's 2 room shack, behind the home, had a portion of the roof and wall blown out in the rear corner. - The wire inside the A.C. drop into this building was completely vaporized, leaving only the melted insulation. - Chicken coop behind summer home was destroyed killing 5 chickens. -Horse in attached barn was OK ( no electrical wires in barn) - Behind the barn in the woods were three mysterious holes in the ground 2 ft. deep, in a equilateral triangle formation 2 ft apart. - Above the holes, a fir was scorched a quarter of it's height about 20 ft. - A man outside sawing wood, saw odd blue hail that stuck to his raincoat that disappeared within seconds, before he heard the boom and saw a bright orange flash. - Many witnesses saw an orange glow or smoke in the woods, "like iron ore dust."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join