It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in alleged attempt to bomb Dallas skyscraper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Oh belive me I've noticed about the media hype, as it's being used for another recent plot as well.

In this case if a hydrogen peroxide explosive brought down a skyscraper, not that I think it would actually work, but if it did it could fit into the description of a WMD.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
I believe there is a threat to the US, but I'm not sure that the threat is from Islamic fundamentalists acting alone.

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi said he came to the U.S. to wage jihad, or holy war.

he had planned to "bring down the building, God willing" on the anniversary of Sept. 11. Authorities said he later decided to do it after Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting, which ended Sunday.

www.dallasnews.com...

He was obviously influenced by his Islamic beliefs. So do you mean that the average Islamic fundamentalist is just too stupid to do any damage on his/her own? How many do you think it would take to do real damage?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Strange days indeed. One foiled plot after another:

www.reuters.com...

www.reuters.com...

cbs3.com...

Four new cases in addition to the recent NYC terror bust. Convenient timing? Distraction? False Flag? October Surprise? Justification of Obama's renewal of the Patriot act?

Who knows but something is clearly brewing. I will clearly follow along as closely as possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Now that I know Im not safe here, I think I will stay with my cousin at SFA in Corsicana right before it starts. Its very rural out there, I remember last year when there was a scare like that in downtown. "Someone" accidentally cause those chemical tanks to blow up making this giant explosion and I was right there. Of course the media blasted it like crazy using the word "terror" somewhat. When a false flag goes down, I want to be already leaving before they put road blocks up and close down exits. These people are preparing something in the DFW. I have seen too many military vehicles and helicopters around here. I know I shouldn't be scared but if I have to chance to get away I will do it

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm in Dallas so I have been hearing about this. Have a question to my fellow residents that have posted about how NOW they are scare dand never would have thought it would happen here... uhh... why not??

I have been scared since 9/11/01 because this area is a prime target. Loooot's of people. Besides us texans like to talk about receding. A state this big, with this many people, this much military force? They can't allow that, what better way to stop it than to attack us, make us feel as though we need the government.

Besides, we had a tv show!! Everyone knows Dallas! LOL

Edit: To the above poster. I too have seen and heard more planes and helicopters lately. hell, I was surfing on here night before last, heard choppers going overhead, this was about 2 or 3 in the morning. Wtf??? Then about an hour later, I heard another. Didn't make it outside in time to see either, but c'mon... helicopters at night???

For the record, the only helicopters I ever see around here are either media, or military. I don't see a media chopper being out that late. Course, I could be wrong.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by OpenMindCuriousMind]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I know two people that work there.. lots of big names attached. i'll let one of them comment further on the weirdness leading to this.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is nice to know that the phony wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are keeping us all safe.

If this is true, why is the border not closed yet? How many more terrorists are walking across the border every day? Are we afraid some goat herder in Afghanistan will hijack an Air Force Plane and fly it across the ocean and attack us? Maybe he will row a boat across the ocean with dynamite strapped to him.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I wonder what an 'inactive explosive' is? Is that like dynamite without a blasting cap? I am profoundly confused as to what in the world this guy was doing.

It is very interesting that suddenly we have a LOT of "terrorist" chatter / news hitting the MSM. All of these arrests and an increase in tension makes me think that something is at play here. Either (a) law enforcement is really getting that much better at finding these guys before they act, or (b) there are a lot of patsys being set up and nailed to push an agenda.

I sure hope it is 'a' but I fear for 'b'.

Words lose meaning sometimes when they are repeated over and over and used in different context with different (evolving) meaning. Like others before me posted, WMD has changed definition from bio, chem or nuke warfare to a conventional (or homemade) bomb which could result in mass casualty if used on the right target.

It is worth reminding people that other words are changing definition.
From Princeton.edu:
terror (n) the use of extreme fear in order to coerce people (especially for political reasons) "he used terror to make them confess"

Now, we are tasked with asking: who is "using extreme fear in order to coerce people"?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I work in Dallas and I didn't even know this was going on until I got home and saw the news. I wasn't worried, though. I know he was probably planted, misled, or whatever. The real attack is yet to come.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I'm suspicious of the recent arrests and foiled plots...but your description of "what's going on" is a bit...silly...and dramatic. Maybe these men were actually...nutcases? Maybe some individuals out there really want to harm others....

What if an actual lunatic blows up a building. There is no backing from the government and there is no conspiracy theory. Just a complete wacko who wanted others dead for whatever purpose.

Would you try to find some conspiracy behind it? Probably.

I guess my point is: Sometimes things really are what they seem.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I don't doubt this is what he wanted to do. I just don't think they are doing it without help and towards a reason and purpose beyond their own understanding.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Because no one in their right mind would ever want to hurt people in the US.

It has to be a set up.

I see.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Unless you are CIA, I seriously doubt what you say is true. How do you know the first plan called for nukes? I want a source of this ridiculous claim.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Strange days indeed. One foiled plot after another:

www.reuters.com...

www.reuters.com...

cbs3.com...

Four new cases in addition to the recent NYC terror bust. Convenient timing? Distraction? False Flag? October Surprise? Justification of Obama's renewal of the Patriot act?

Who knows but something is clearly brewing. I will clearly follow along as closely as possible.

I live in Bakersfield, California... A month or so ago, another plot was foiled.
A car was pulled over for a traffic violation. Cop searches the car, and finds two car bombs inside, with a detonator.

Bakersfield, California..
...definitely not somewhere you'd expect THAT to happen.

The guy in question was Middle Eastern as well.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't care what any politically correct nutter says. You NEED racial profiling! It's not a cure-all but it is a tool we should continue to use. If people of those particular races don't like it... then they should rightly blame their fellow country men for screwing things up for them... not people of the host country that are understandably trying to protect their country, families and way of life.

Let's face it, a terrorist bomb isn't going to be planted by some Swedish or German guy now is it!

Political correctness is becoming a major threat to national security!

My opinion... like it or lump it!

IRM

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindCuriousMind

I live in the DFW area, and it always amazes me when people say that the Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington area is one of the last places they would ever expect an attack to happen. I'm guessing they have never even thought about HOW much is here.

Shoot, really, there's so many things here. Even when you just look at the four major sports teams we have (the Mavericks, Stars, Cowboys, and Rangers) and where they play (American Airlines Center, Cowboys Stadium, and Ameriquest Field), and how many people go to those games, that alone is enough to worry about. Plus there's a Soccer team and a D-NBA team that play in Frisco.

Then the concerts at the American Airlines Center, Cowboys Stadium, Pizza Hut Park, and Superpages.com Center. The Fairgrounds, the DART Rail system, Tarrant County Convention Center/Fort Worth Convention Center (I forget what it's called now), the major zoos and the museums, the insanely big malls, all of the major schools/universities, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, and the main airport.

The Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is a biggie. That place is HUGE, and the security isn't exactly that great outside or in the parking garages. Then add all of the hotels and things outside of the airport property (Grapevine Mills Mall, The Gaylord Texan, and Great Wolf Lodge).

And that's just D/FW/Arlington. There's more if you go out to Denton, Frisco, and Plano. Denton isn't that big, but it does have the University of North Texas.

Plus there's the millions of people that live here. Many millions of people.

Honestly, I'm surprised we don't here about things like this more often.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You wouldn't by any chance be my US Government teacher, would you?

I completely disagree on racial profiling. I say this because of what happened to my dad. Right after 9/11 (and for about two years afterward), my dad was targeted in the airport all of the time because he looked Middle-Eastern. Not only would he be pulled out of the security line for everyone and searched thoroughly, but random workers would stop him in the terminal and on the plane and ask for his ticket and ID. He would always travel for business trips, and he looked the part. Suite, tie, the whole shebang. If other people had been randomly selected too, it wouldn't have been a big deal to him. But it was always him, and if they pulled someone else, they were Middle-Eastern looking.

You say that people that are judged based on their race should blame their fellow country men for what happens from this, but my dad is American (actually, he's 100% Native American, he's just doesn't look it). Who's he supposed to blame? His fellow Americans?

And honestly, its only a matter of time before someone that looks like a Swede or German or any other white Western-European race tries to plant a bomb, so that argument is invalid to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join