It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in alleged attempt to bomb Dallas skyscraper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Man arrested in alleged attempt to bomb Dallas skyscraper

www.wfaa.com

DALLAS - Police arrested a man Thursday after he allegedly placed an inactive car bomb near Fountain Place at 1445 Ross Avenue in downtown Dallas.

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, a 19-year-old Jordanian citizen who has been living and working in Italy, Texas illegally, was charged with "attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction," authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Seriously, what the hell is going on??

According to the article this guy had been under surveillance for a while.

This sounds exactly like the build up to the first bombing of the WTC.

Didn't the FBI agents neglect to supply fake explosives or something?

Seriously, with all the terror stories happening, something big is going to happen.

www.wfaa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

related thread..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Please, allow me to tell you what is going on.

The PTB need a convenient cover for their next wave of freedom-stealing legislation, so they need to remind people just what they're supposed to be scared of.
A convenient by-product is the distraction away from G20, finances, and so on.

To do this, they pick a selection of weak-minded, likely lads, you know the kind, recently released from prison, easily persuaded, disenfranchised guys.
Next, they put them on a watch list and start monitoring them. Because, you know, they're Muslim.
Then, they need to justify that expense, and their jobs. So they hire people to be "the cell". They get undercover guys to "team up" with this sucker, convince him he's a part of something. They effectively become the terrorist cell radicalising him.
Then they supply him with fake explosives (or perhaps some day they'll be real ones if they can delete the evidence of their own cell) and convince him to act.

Then they swoop, and voilà, they have their terrorist caught red-handed. Cue mass media coverage, the change in definition of "weapon of mass destruction" to include a home made bomb, and you have everything you need to further control the people.

The scariest part of all is that people fall for this crap. You'll all be bending over begging for you government to screw you some more as long as the nasty Muslim men don't come and set off "weapons of mass destruction" @@:

Seriously, just look at who benefits where.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yeah, you've got it spot on.

I just hope they don't feel the need to let one of these 'terrorists' succeed in their plans.

This is just what Obama needs to backtrack on all his promises to do with the war on terror etc, while still saving face for being a liar.

But this guy came close, and would have really gone through it it,

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Scary! Right in my own backyard. I always figured Dallas would be lower on the terrorist targets...guess I was wrong. Oh, and WTF...an inactive car bomb?
Was this a "dry run".

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Posted this in related thread and fits perfect here as well.

These arrests are no more than the FBI finding way to justify the time and money they are wasting chasing terrorists left and right. They need arrests like this to show that their results are paying off. I find it ironic that in most of these cases the FBI had the suspects under surveillance.

Makes me wonder if the FBI is the reason these suspected terrorists were willing to take it one step further.

The value of emphasizing terrorism over crime remains in question. Just 5 percent of the 5,500 leads identified by Counterterrorism 6 have led to more in-depth investigations; few of those resulted in prosecutions and no known terrorist plans have been uncovered.

“Just chasing leads burns through resources,” said intelligence expert Amy Zegart, a professor at the University of California, Los Angeles. “You’re really going to get bang for the buck when you chase leads based on a deeper assessment of who threatens us, their capabilities and indicators of impending attack. Right now, there’s more chasing than assessing.”

gsn.nti.org...

People should start wondering whether some of these homegrown terrorists are being encouraged to become homegrown terrorists.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Yeah, you've got it spot on.

I just hope they don't feel the need to let one of these 'terrorists' succeed in their plans.

This is just what Obama needs to backtrack on all his promises to do with the war on terror etc, while still saving face for being a liar.

But this guy came close, and would have really gone through it it,

They will HAVE to let at least one of them 'succeed.' It's like heroin. We will get desensitized and the fix has to keep getting bigger. Soon, 'threats' of terrorism will be insufficient to garner the response they are wanting. They'll be forced to shed some blood to keep working their magic.

Thanks for bringing this one here, my friend.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Do you guys really think there is not a threat to the US? We were attacked on 9-11. Why, for the love of GOD has everyone forgot that?
Smoking out people that are a threat to innocent citzens is a good thing, wtf is the matter with you people?
This is in my backyard and it is terrifying. Thank God they were the ones that came across this guy and not real Jihadist.
I'm all for stopping violence against my fellow Americans. So, FBI, keep looking, they are out there. I'm convinced some of them are on ATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Remember, Remember the 5th of November.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The terrorists arent going away unfortunately- Im not so sure why folks on here would think they have? If true, then you would have to admit the war on terror is working. But you guys constantly dis that. So the fact that terrorist activities are increasing means there are lots of folks out there who are escalating their attacks (or would-be) attacks on us. I dont see whats so hard to understand?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Perhaps because your own government suggested pulling a scenario very similar in order to give them an excuse to invade Cuba in the 60's? Be glad that the Bush administration had slightly cooler heads, the original plan called for nukes, not planes

Your government has nothing to lose and everything to gain by instituting a culture of fear and distrust in the populace, anyone with the slightest knowledge of psychology or how societies work can grasp that.

The guy above me is right though, the terrorists haven't gone away. You haven't seen fit to drag them out in the street and shoot them yet, you'd rather vote them back into office and patronize their businesses.

Oh, and you would have to take a good hard look in the mirror, too.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by D.E.M.]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

To the OP good thread S&F
hey jam321,you also forgot to throw in the fact that Obama's poll numbers are going down so not only is the FBI doing this for themselves they are also trying to give the Administration some sort of domestic policy victory.It's cynical politics at it's supposed finest.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If this small pipe bomb or what ever kind of small explosive it was, is weapon of mass destruction, what the heck do they call a big bomb, like nuclear type?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Do you guys really think there is not a threat to the US?
I believe there is a threat to the US, but I'm not sure that the threat is from Islamic fundamentalists acting alone.

We were attacked on 9-11. Why, for the love of GOD has everyone forgot that?
Haven't. There are reminders every day.

This is in my backyard and it is terrifying. Thank God they were the ones that came across this guy and not real Jihadist.
I'm all for stopping violence against my fellow Americans. So, FBI, keep looking, they are out there. I'm convinced some of them are on ATS.

Drunk driving kills three times as many people per year as the terrorist bombings on 9-11. If you add in the fact that 9-11 was relatively isolated in American history, then the statistics increase.

There have been more shark attacks than terrorist incidents, more gang-related deaths, more deaths by domestic violence, more deaths through accidents, more deaths from medical malpractice, more deaths from bee stings, more death from peanuts, and far, far, more deaths from general highway collisions.

Even if another trade center occurred you would still be more likely to be hit and killed on the Interstate than a victim of terrorism. If there is some dirty bomb or widespread terror it won't be in Dallas, Washington, New York, or LA. Mark my words it will be a throwaway city like Detroit.

No offense to those living in Detroit or Flint.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Drunk driving kills three times as many people per year as the terrorist bombings on 9-11. If you add in the fact that 9-11 was relatively isolated in American history, then the statistics increase.

There have been more shark attacks than terrorist incidents, more gang-related deaths, more deaths by domestic violence, more deaths through accidents, more deaths from medical malpractice, more deaths from bee stings, more death from peanuts, and far, far, more deaths from general highway collisions.

Even if another trade center occurred you would still be more likely to be hit and killed on the Interstate than a victim of terrorism. If there is some dirty bomb or widespread terror it won't be in Dallas, Washington, New York, or LA. Mark my words it will be a throwaway city like Detroit.

No offense to those living in Detroit or Flint.

Yes I think it was about 70+ Americans died from terroist attack in 2008.
And all of the billions spent, they can't even find Osama, if they even want to, and he's not even wanted for 9/11?

I thought the number was only 100,000, but I just read heart attack deaths 900,000 annual in US.

Hey not Motor City I live there, why not L.A., Sin city Vegas.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
If this small pipe bomb or what ever kind of small explosive it was, is weapon of mass destruction, what the heck do they call a big bomb, like nuclear type?

I think if what is generally not called a WMD can be used to take down a skyscraper, then it becomes a WMD. It depends on it's usage.

Nuclear would now be defined as WMMMMMMD!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I used to live there in my formative years when a kinder city would have been much appreciated. I regret mentioning this, but near the old Ford plant on Mt Elliot. Yes, lovely little spot. *shudders*

So back to my point...yes, exactly! One one hundredth of our population died that day and we've spent trillions of dollars with new agencies, new wars, etc How does that make any sense at all economically? Same thing with swine flu. As many children die of hunger each day as died from the entire flu season, so where is WHO calling that a global health crisis? Because there is no money in saving lives, only in taking them.

Yes, cynical but they made me this way.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Ahh, minor correction, a matter of semantics really.

There is no money in saving lives, but there is money in pretending to save them.

Only the coroners win with a pile of corpses.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

"weapon of mass destruction" was traditionally used to describe a chemical, biological or nuclear weapon capable of killing thousands of people.

Before today I have never heard the term used for a truck bomb.

Why is this? Because the term "WMD" is scarier.

That proves to me that they are intentionally trying to cause fear, they've changed the entire definition of a class of weapon overnight to include a relatively small (in comparison) explosive device.

And none of you noticed.

Pathetic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join