It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diversity boss: Whites must 'step down'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's funny how Obama himself never mentions his race but all his supporters do. It's like he doesn't want to appear as a "race president", so he gets other people to spout the racial agenda.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin

As for the topic, I feel that making one person give up their job/livelihood so another can have it, based not on qualification, but on sexual orientation or 'race' (and I use that term loosely), is absurd in the extreme. Giving someone a job simply because they are gay or 'non-white' is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated. In fact, it should be exposed as the bigoted concept that it is. Such policies do nothing to promote harmony and do everything to place sexual preference and 'race' in the forefront of people's minds. Things that should be a non-issue in my mind.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Chronogoblin]

I don't call it absurd. I call it racism. Pure, unadulterated, racism.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I see where your coming from on that one, but I somehow think my definition of fairness is different from Mr. Lloyd's. It is shameful that people would use terms like 'Fairness' and 'Equality' to promote themselves and their own twisted agendas.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As a one who is half white half Hispanic I don't believe that anyone should step up or down because of the color of their skin. That's messed up...

S&F!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
lol this is funny.
I know it's serious, in a way, however i can't help but laugh.

there is no way any outlook like in the op would ever take effect. lol. I work consruction, and i'm sitting here imagining developers hiring minorities simply because they're minorites.

....it just wouldn't happen.

I just am trying to picture a scenario in which myself and the guys at work would see that decision as correct and it's like...I have nothing clever to say...it's ridiculous..I have nothing to compare it to...I watch simpsons, family guy, and southpark, and yet, describing sense, even sarcastically pertaining to this concept, escapes me.

lol....i have no choice but to kinda take it seriously???!!!

I mean cause either this is fear mongering or this outlook exists. So at risk of sounding like a fool..
bring it!!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by heyo]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's not about how many colored people, it should be about everyone having an equal opportunity in all walks of life. Too many groups only want to hire people of the same color or religion, that should be punishable.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

It is punishable. There are already laws in place to prevent that. And to deal with it if it occurs.

Go into any establishment at all and see posted on the wall (as required by law) the law saying that fair hiring practices based not on religion, color, creed, etc. be utilized.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Ummm, it has happened before. It's called "Affirmative Action". It was used, and still is in some cases, to increase the number of women and minorities in employment. Also known as preferential selection.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I am white and will step up!! I am white and I am OK with being white. I WILL NOT SAY SORRY!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So, if you are mixed, half white half black and applying for a job what is the criteria? This would be a straight up racist move on anyone participating's behalf, and I beleive that America would never ever stand for this kind of blatant racism.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I know what you mean, it is almost laughable. I work with a black lady, a senior citizen, a hispanic girl and american indian girl. Our boss is from India and his wife, sister in law and brother all work here as well. We all were hired based on our abilities, not skin color, and if that were the reason to hire a person, well, we may as well just kiss America goodbye.

edit to add: I forgot to mention our 'flaming gay' ( my best friend, he won't mind me saying that) who is the hardest working and most commended employee here.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
No offence to anyone of any color but everyone is racist.

Everyone.

I am now forced to take public transportation. All I hear is the "N" word over and over and over again. Of course it's only blacks and maybe one or two white people who think they are black saying it to each other over and over and over again but it still makes me cringe.

Every derogatory term that every white guy has gotten imprisoned or lost his job over is said by black people everyday like it's no big deal.

That's racist my friends. If I am booed and made look like a monster because I say something derogatory toward another person of another race while that same person forcefully fills my ear in a loud manner with the same words over and over and over again with out the same repercussions as I would it's racist.

I want every black person on this site to take the time and just imagine how hard it would be for many of the people of your same race not to say the "N" word. Keep in mind that for me not to say it is easy because it's a stupid word but I bet if black people were treated equally as whites for saying such things black people would statistically be held more responsible for saying racist terms toward themselves.

How many White people get angry at "C" word?

Do white people call themselves Ero-American?

No they proudly call themselves White Americans!

Yet blacks in America forcefully teach their own children segregation by calling themselves African Americans. Why not be proud of who you are and call yourselves Black Americans and move on from this whole race issue? It's over, there is a Black man as president of the USA for crying out loud.

The race page has been turned nothing left to fight or overcome, we are all in the same boat now. And as you can see everyone is racist, that will never change until there is only one race but the hate is gone in as many as there will ever be.

Now go see the movie "The Goods" and laugh your ass off.

TA!!

Izzy.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

(Slaps his knee laughing his head off...)

Oh geez. That idiot.

We're gonna have half a president!

Look at all of you taking this seriously, commenting on how "race shouldn't be important" yet such long threads.

Hypo-crite?

[edit on 9/25/2009 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Click here for more information.

I find that interesting. I would like to know, in all seriousness, how you came to your conclusion? I am not slamming you or flaming you, I would honestly like to know. I find that I have a hard time determining a persons skin color over the internet, which, is actually awesome when I think about it. It means that folks often will get treated as they should be, on the basis of their words/stances, rather than on 'race'. One of the great things about the internet is getting people together in open conversation, who would probably normally never talk to each other in real life.

OT, I am very much about equality. I believe it is an inherent right. Male/Female, people of different 'color', etc. Should all be treated the same. There are some bumps in the road, certainly. You can't have your cake and eat it too, even though some folks try. You can't have equality and special treatment, because that's an oxymoron, and inherently unfair. That's like saying: "We (as humans) are ALL equal. But, We (pick a subgroup), are MORE 'equal' than others." ...A seriously disturbing ideology.

Chrono

Edited to remove quote

[edit on 25-9-2009 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You hear that??? Thats MLK Jr. turning in his grave.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Instead of saying its a 'race' issue how about turning it around and saying all power hungry and stupid politicians , step down and make way for someone who can do some good for the majority and not the select few?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It makes me so happy to know that I was brought up in a society that is racist, redundant and hypocritical.

Not only am I being told I should be ashamed of being white, but male, responsible and intelligent.

Funny thing is, its the same in every other country.

My father used to teach me its a economic class issue...

I used to think that too.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin

Originally posted by Izarith
Damn,

You know I just realized that almost every one on this thread is White.....

It's just with all your moaning and whining and crying over equality I thought you all were African American.......

My mistake.

I find that interesting. I would like to know, in all seriousness, how you came to your conclusion? I am not slamming you or flaming you, I would honestly like to know. I find that I have a hard time determining a persons skin color over the internet, which, is actually awesome when I think about it. It means that folks often will get treated as they should be, on the basis of their words/stances, rather than on 'race'. One of the great things about the internet is getting people together in open conversation, who would probably normally never talk to each other in real life.

OT, I am very much about equality. I believe it is an inherent right. Male/Female, people of different 'color', etc. Should all be treated the same. There are some bumps in the road, certainly. You can't have your cake and eat it too, even though some folks try. You can't have equality and special treatment, because that's an oxymoron, and inherently unfair. That's like saying: "We (as humans) are ALL equal. But, We (pick a subgroup), are MORE 'equal' than others." ...A seriously disturbing ideology.

Chrono

Aw what a heart felt post my good goblin.

It was a joke!

One that shows just how racist both black and white really are.

Blacks are not laughing because it's a rock tossed at them and whites are not laughing because I'm referring to them as Blacks.

Get over it racism is obsolete. WE ARE ALL IN THIS NEW FOUND HELL HOLE TOGETHER!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It's crap like this that is rendering the entire Obama Club Irrelevant both here in America and Abroad. I find it so dumb, it's funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join