It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diversity boss: Whites must 'step down'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

The Israelite Being Black theories are not entirely bogus but what they are is complete RACIST propaganda

Your going to have to claify that one for me. Your saying that there is some truth behind the Isralites being black theories, but don't support because you claim it's racist? How?

And i've yet to see any kind of texts outside the bible that tells me that jews or anyone were used as slaves to build the pyramids. And i'd hate to tell you, but it's gonna take more than just "slaves" to build some of those works of art in the Egyptian empire ..perhaps skilled artisans..

JESUS was not Black or White he spoke ARAMAIC and was from the middle East his most likely skin coloring was Middle Eastern/Mediterranean

Okay..now we have to assume that the man JESUS was real. But then again, it seems to me that you are using biblical resources to support your claims, which isn't foolproof. I mean, show me some evidence about the existence of Jesus outside the bible.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Hey chief, you should see some the colored paintings done by the Minoans, they look like the ancient Egyptians, in the way they choose what colors do use for their skin.

But you know what. Too many people have their made up anyways, no amount of data you use will change their mind. I learned this the hard way by trying to school some of my white friends..i mistakenly made the comment while watching the 10 commandments.

HA! I was like jeez, were are all the black people in Ancient Egypt and he replied that the ancient Egyptians were white. That is America for you, blind to the truth while living in denial.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

You must have missed that whole 1861–1865 soiree. Or would you like a refresher? Beginnings of Slavery in what would become the U.S.:

You must have missed what you originally wrote and the question that was asked as a result. What you just listed has little to do with what you were asked. Moreover, the first paragraph in your source (which clearly was not cited) has nothing to do with chattel slavery. Go back and read my question again as it is related to chattel slavery, not people willingly selling themselves into servitude. The second paragraph, while discussing aspects of the Atlantic slave trade, does not address the “normal standards of operation” (your words not mine), nor does it say how these issues were rectified in the mid 1800’s (your date not mine.)

During this time frame the colonies broke away and institutional Slavery eventually became unpalatable in the North. It remained a prime source of labor in the South since no viable alternative was readily available. British Mandate did not apply since we were no longer part of Britain. This all came to a head in 1861–1865.

So this is what you have to support your claim that the issue was addressed in the mid 1800’s? Clarify this piece and then I’ll respond to it.

Simple. It's in your demeanor. You wish to elicit a lengthy debate on a subject when you are either being disingenuous about your basic knowledge, or you are a total idiot. Now, I don't think of you as an idiot, so I have to assume you are being disingenuous.

My demeanor? Again, you are blaming me for your deficiencies but you and I both know it needs to come to a halt. You’re constantly making broad generalizations, and there is no way we can have a lengthy debate when you’re making claims that people will call you racist (totally unfounded), will put you in a box (unfounded), have a chip on their shoulder (unfounded), simply because they ask you to support your statements. What I just quoted has nothing to do with what you quoted, and again, is nothing more then a cop out to hide your lack of knowledge as it pertains to this subject.

No one is curling. That is one sport that I find absolutely boring.

What you really meant to type was, “I enjoy making claims I can’t validate, and when I’m absolutely forced into a corner, I’ll post unreliable sources like Wikipedia, or maybe not cite a source at all. I’ll also use fallacies to shift the topic and blame onto others, and hopefully they’ll forget everything I typed.”

I have specified what particular style of story that are there for you to look for. I'm not going into specifics simple because I will not be painted into a corner by someone who seems, from the attitude that is displayed, to be spoiling to drop a race baiting hammer.

See above.

Apparently, humor also eludes you.

In the same way logic and cogency elude you?

[edit on 26-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

My demeanor? Again, you are blaming me for your deficiencies

Deficiencies? Only in your own mind.

Apparently, humor also eludes you.

Okay, I admit it, I was wrong in this statement. Instead of "humor," I should have used the word "sanity."

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Do you know why so many blacks are poor? Welfare. Do you know why so many blacks don't get a good education? Because all they do is sit back, complain about the whites getting anything, expect the government to "fix" everything for them and they Never get off their butts to do something about their situation!!!
I am a white female and the only one I've ever seen getting discreminated against is me. I am not prejudice. I did just loose a black friend because she freaked on me and pulled the race card on me.
Why can't whites pull the race card on blacks? Why can't people just say what they think!?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
[edit on 27-9-2009 by buds84]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It sickens me. I've been subjected to racism from the time I was 5. I am white, I've never held ill feelings or ill-will toward anyone because of their skin color.

They continue to try and push this issue, but now it's in reverse from what happened in the past with all our previous generations.

Back then, it was wrong, but it was the status quo. Now, it's happening again, but in reverse to it's previous direction.

The difference is, many of them experienced it first hand, and they know how it felt and know better and yet still choose to do it.

Hypocrites, every single one who has it out for anyone because of skin color, or trying to push an issue of racism or punish the current generations because of previous generations wrong doings.

May the deepest circle of hell be reserved for them. Political correctness is the death of all things, not just freedom.

Shame on every single one. Shame.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by isalways42]

[edit on 26-9-2009 by isalways42]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

No. I'm not racist. I'm also 28... thanks. I live in the deep south. My mother participated in many of the sit-ins for Civil rights. I am so proud of her for that.

I did not "lump in all of the black people in one group". I was talking about the lazy ones in America. You know, the ones that have as many children as possible and let welfare take care of everything. The teenagers (and younger) that whine around about having to go to school, do not apply themselves, then drop out and go sell drugs to more black kids. You're a fool if you do not think these people exist. I see them everyday in the town I live in.

I do apologize if my comment seemed a little short and whiny. I was interrupted by my husband to go to dinner.

As for the friend that I lost? She was to be a bridesmaid in my wedding, she would not go down to the dress shop to confirm the dress or the size she needed. I had to pay $50.00 to get them to order the darn thing. Then when she finally goes down to get the dress it's the wrong size (surprise) and she begins freaking out saying that I was trying to make her look bad and that she had to "represent" She cursed me out... twice (one during the initial argument and the other while I was trying to patch things up) and the worst thing that I ever said was that I was not her calendar.

My other five bridesmaids I never had a problem with. Two were thin girls three (including the former friend) were large. Everyone looked stunning in their dresses and she would have also. What made me the most angry was her accusing me of lying. I worked hard on that... used to be one of my vices. She knew this and I was greatly hurt and insulted when she said this.

Calling me a racist for pointing out a very real problem only shows how close-minded you are on the issue.
After all, it's all the white-man's fault isn't it?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

I did not "lump in all of the black people in one group". I was talking about the lazy ones in America. You know, the ones that have as many children as possible and let welfare take care of everything. The teenagers (and younger) that whine around about having to go to school, do not apply themselves, then drop out and go sell drugs to more black kids. You're a fool if you do not think these people exist. I see them everyday in the town I live in

LOL, i haven't read a statement like that in sometime. I don't mean all the black people, just the lazy ones that sit around and spit out babies and let's the government take care of them.

Do you not like all of those white people on welfare? You know, the ones that have as many children as possible and let welfare take care of everything. The teenagers (and younger) that whine around about having to go to school, do not apply themselves, then drop out and go sell drugs to more white kids?

I live in the south too, rural south. The poor white folks do the same thing as the poor black folks. But i don't think that factored into your equation now does it, what you say makes it seem like "them" and "us" statement.

Say what you want, but it's only the poor that rise up against their oppressors, everyone else has something lose.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

You're right. Whites do it too. I didn't mention them for two reasons... one: they don't blame the blacks for their situation, two: they were not the issue being discussed.
I know and am friends with successful black people. I respect them greatly and even THEY admit that the welfare thing is a problem.
I love it when a black person works hard, gets a good education and has a great life as a middle class citizen or above!
I also have an aunt who works for the Social Security office and has seen a black person embezzle money. Because of radical activists like Rev White, Jessie Jackson and others. They had to go to court to fire the embezzler!
If a white person messes up there... they are gone. If it's a minority, any minority they get special treatment.
How is that fair?

[edit on 26-9-2009 by sisgood]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We all are entitled to our opinion...

Some say an opinion can't be wrong...

I beg to differ.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
Once again you guys get it all wrong. Race has nothing to do with this. It's about class. A rich black man carries as much weight as a rich white man. A poor black man is as powerless as a poor white man. The only difference is the rich guys are on the same page while the poor men are encouraged to hate one another. Having worked in corporate America I can state this as fact: Being a white male sure didn't close any doors in my face.

Finally someone gets it!

The United States has a thinly veiled caste system. Just as in India, people do move from one class to the next, but it is rare and often is the result of luck. To maintain your standing in the higher economic echelons requires much less effort and often is the result of just being born into the right family with connections and money.

There is a class war being waged against the middle and upper-lower class in this country. The race issues just serve to deflect from and obfuscate this fact. Lower class "white people" have just as little opportunity as those "of color," to advance out of their caste. Those in power are snikering at the rest of us bickering about racism when we should all be asking how they are fixing the system to keep everyone else out of their society.

Nepotism and cronyism are running rampant in this society and the game is largely fixed. This "race war" business is just a big distraction to keep us divided. We are being played.

US Caste System, simplified

[edit on 9/26/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

So what color were the slaves in Egypt, and what color were the royals?

If you go to the MET in NYC, and look at the paintings, it is clear that there were black, brown, and white people in ancient Egypt.

Here is a fairy decent article about slavery in the Northern colonies.

www.slavenorth.com...

One of the things I notice absent in most of the histories on slavery in Europe and the America's is the role slavery played in the balance of economic, military, and political power in Europe. Spain's colonies provided the nations with great power, and Spain used that power to try and gain control of Northern European countries, actually ruling Holland for over a century, and attempting to conquer Britain.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think that when slavery is introduced into the discussion, there is a legitimate reason to look at slavery as it existed in Europe before the Atlantic trade in slavery began. This stuff took me awhile to locate, so the sources aren't the best.

www.roman-colosseum.info...

beastrabban.wordpress.com...

Indeed slavery was gradually suppressed in Europe from the fourth century AD to the High Middle Ages, when it was virtually unknown in northern Europe.

en.allexperts.com...

Then we look at slavery in China.

www.zum.de...

The institution of hereditary slavery reaches back to as far as the Xia and Shang dynasty (20th - 11th century BCE). Xia and Shang China was based on a social system which resembled that of a slaveholder society (as opposed to feudal society that would soon follow). Though nations did not actually develop into slave societies, the concept of slavery soon spread to neighboring countries such as Korea, India, and other parts of Asia. There is no mention of the term "slave" (nu Ò¿) in oracle texts written during this time. Similar to other ancient civilizations, Shang China introduced slavery to the economy by allowing debtors to repay their debts with women and children. However, the system was different from that of ancient Rome and the Western medieval world in that most slaves were owned by the state instead of belonging to individuals.
Zhou society showed aspects of both slaveholder and feudal society - the kings provided their followers with feudal land, and yet a large part of the population was enslaved, either as war captives or enslaved debtors sold on market. The war prisoners were called "li ()", or "nu ()", and the latter were called "chenqie ()". All three names include characters with multiple meanings, such as "servitude", "punishment", and "dependent on the master". Powerful feudal lords exploited slaves in order to raise production surpluses and gain more wealth. Slaves were traded in markets in bazaars of large towns, where various other commodities such as silk and cattle were bought and sold.

In 1906 China formally abolished slavery. The law became effective on January 31, 1910, when all adult slaves were converted into hired laborers and the young were freed upon reaching age 25

It existed everywhere, but it was probably the worse in the Middle Eastern Muslim nations.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

It existed everywhere, but it was probably the worse in the Middle Eastern Muslim nations.

I am only guessing here, but I wouldn't be too surprised to find that the majority of modern-day slavery is focused on muslim nations. I'm aware of underground slavery all over the place, young girls for prostitution and such, but I am not up on the situation in other areas. Do you have any other info on the subject?

Chrono

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

It is everywhere.

Do some research.

As the expression goes, more places than I can shake a stick at.

Malcom X figured it out, the last thing blacks should follow is Islam.

That is why they killed him.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Peace out,

That is what I have to say.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Chronogoblin

It is everywhere.

Do some research.

As the expression goes, more places than I can shake a stick at.

Malcom X figured it out, the last thing blacks should follow is Islam.

That is why they killed him.

That's a conspiracy theory I haven't heard before, thanks. I'll have to look into that more.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
Do you know why so many blacks are poor? Welfare. Do you know why so many blacks don't get a good education? Because all they do is sit back, complain about the whites getting anything, expect the government to "fix" everything for them and they Never get off their butts to do something about their situation!!!

Okay...Isn't this an economic question?
Couldn't you have inserted "people" instead of "blacks" in the above statement?
The way you have phrased it implies that the color of their skin determines laziness, welfare status and a penchant for complaining...these characteristics in your mind are a "black" phenomenon?

I view it as an economic question.
Blacks disproportionately suffer from socio-economic depression.
In America it often takes several generations for a minority to escape discrimination driven poverty. This held for the Germans in the 1800's, the Irish that fled the Potatoe famine, the Chinese etc.. "Blacks" had the added burden of slavery and then continued legal discrimnation until the civil rights movement.

"Blacks" suffered disproportionate discrimination compared to other minoroites for a couple of centuries in this country and thus they remain disproportionately economically depressed.

ANY race of people suffering similiar cicumstances would show similiar statistics. Socio-Economics...NOT skin color....and Laziness, using race to excuse circumstances...not exclusive to skin color....as you demonstate in you post...see below.

I am a white female and the only one I've ever seen getting discreminated against is me.

I am not prejudice.

Given your statements above, I am not sure about that. I am sure there is much more to your belief system than what you wrote here, but if I was to judge you by this post alone I would think that yes...you are racist.

I did just loose a black friend because she freaked on me and pulled the race card on me.

Okay...see above...is this how you spoke to your friend? Welfare, laziness and complaining as a function of skin color?

Why can't whites pull the race card on blacks?

Have you read the posts on this thread? On any of the threads on ATS related to race? Pulling the race card...like most every other thing...is not exclusive to any given race....You just pulled it above.

Why can't people just say what they think!?

You just did. So did I. People can say whatever they like. If they are planning to say something that can be percieved as racist...then be prepared to own those words...choose your wording carefully and be prepared to explain yourself.

If you don't feel good about your opinions...then introspection is in order..either find a way to articulate your true view or ask yourself why you aren't comfortable expressing it....own your words.

Just my 2 cents

[edit on 28-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

You're the same person who said America was hit with Hurricane Katrina because they pushed Israel to give up a piece of their land. With that being said, it's quite obvious you speak with a forked tongue.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join