It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diversity boss: Whites must 'step down'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Diversity boss: Whites must 'step down'

www.wnd.com...

With former Obama green jobs czar Van Jones gone, along with his views about whites directing poisons to minorities, focus is now shifting to race-based views of "diversity czar" Mark Lloyd, who has suggested "white people" step down from positions of power to allow "more people of color, gays" and "other More..people" to take those positions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited to reflect actual source

[edit on 25-9-2009 by dbates]

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
First thread, so I am not too sure if this is in the right place.

How to start? I am torn on this issue, in that, I can see that there most likely IS an issue with gays and others not getting a fair shake in regards to employment and positions of power. BUT, having said that, I do not think that anyone has the right to tell a person that has worked their backside off, kissed the right behinds, and generally scraped and fought to get a job, that they now have to step down so that someone else can have their place. This isn't about race, or sexual orientation, it's about fairness. I would feel the same way if it were a latino man telling us that asian people 'in power' need to step down so that more latinos can have their jobs. Does this article make any sense to anyone?

I have an issue with people promoting division in humanity by espousing a racial concept. You are free to be proud of your heritage, just don't rub it in other peoples faces. To me, there is no such thing as a 'Black Man' or a 'White Man', there are just HU-mans. People talk about 'race' as if all the various people of color are all from different planets. It seems like there is alot more focus on skin color since our current president got elected, but I wonder if anyone has stopped to think about the fact that we all bleed the same color? 'A rose by any other name...' am I right?

As for the topic, I feel that making one person give up their job/livelihood so another can have it, based not on qualification, but on sexual orientation or 'race' (and I use that term loosely), is absurd in the extreme. Giving someone a job simply because they are gay or 'non-white' is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated. In fact, it should be exposed as the bigoted concept that it is. Such policies do nothing to promote harmony and do everything to place sexual preference and 'race' in the forefront of people's minds. Things that should be a non-issue in my mind.

Chrono

www.wnd.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited for spelling and clarity.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Chronogoblin]

Edited to link to news source

[edit on 25-9-2009 by dbates]

+68 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Step down? How about others step up? That guy is racist scum!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't pretend that there isn't an issue regarding 'race' and sexual orientation in the workplace, but to reward certain groups at the expense of others is a crime.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Racism by any other name... still stinks.

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have to assume that this will be equally applied to the NBA that is 70% African American.

So we need about 6 out of 7 African American basketball players to step down so that we can have a diversity that reflects the color makeup or our country.

That was tongue and cheek.

Any time that you try to enforce quotas, you're doomed to fail.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
this is light years beyond affirmative action... in a bad way as affirmative action was already bad to begin with.

white people step down?
even repeating that statements makes me scared im' gonna get banned from ATS

whites step down = skillset is irrelevant, completely irrelevant

please send resume via email, no need to list experiences just include photo of yourself and ethnic origins, political beliefs and a family portrait!

we are an equal opportunity employer, as in we welcome all opportunists to submit candidature.

thanks

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If someone can do the job well, fine I do not care about color, race or sex.... However I saw WAY too much of the incompetents who screamed "I'm ... so you can not fire me" over the years. There is nothing like having to do two jobs while someone sits on their rear and when raises come around they get a 10% raise and you get a warning. Really great race relationship builder.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Minorities have been favored for cushy jobs and special treatment for years.

We just never talked about it in the open.

In my opinion, the best qualified person should have the job no matter what color, sex or age.

When can we look at people as just people and not as a color group or because of their creed?

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I had a Hispanic instructor at NCO Leadership School who said that Affirmative Action can be easily summed up in a few words: "Being prejudice to white people."

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

Step down from what bussinesses they created for themselves out of thin air. Should they step down from jobs which required years of expensive training. He is like a character from an Ayn Rand book.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

How about we just have the fools stand down in favour of those qualified to do the job...or indeed even eligible. How about we have the liars, the corrupt and the immoral stand down in favour of honesty. And how about the unelected be a bit more careful what they advise..lol
Political correctness is always a complete nonsense and has been going on for years in the workplace. Often it does mean that less qualified people are hired just because of the colour of their skin. I am not sure gay people are kept from jobs at this point, are they? Everyone should have an equal chance if qualified, but purposefully choosing one person over the other because of race, gender or sexuality is just silly, and often does not mean the right person is chosen. It just means the quota is filled and their duty is done, if that is ever legislated.
Anyway it is clear what the real agenda is from his statement. Not to worry...he will put his foot in his mouth too often and will follow Van Jones.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Why should it be black/white/red/brown etc.

I agree the best qualified should be in place. Color should not be an issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think that some one needs to tell Mark Lloyd to shut his pie hole. As a gay male I am offended by his comments. I don't want a job cause I am gay. When I was working, my sexual orientation was left at the door, cause it is no ones business. I did not use it for promotion or to get a job, nor will I. I am firmly under the belief the best person for the job is who should get a job.
Side note, on Affirmative Action, I have heard from minorities that it is not a good policy. I have had friends in the hispanic community that did not get anything, cause their last name was way down at the bottom of the list alphabetically.
I say give a hand up, not a hand out. Right now seeing if I get hired for the city that I live in.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Guess I better go ahead and get on the Indian rolls so I can be considered legitimate and allowed to work. I'd hate for all those years of training, hard work and experience to get flushed down the drain in favor of someone browner or more flamboyantly attired.

If the browner or more flamboyantly attired also had the training, work ethic and experience then fine, may the better employee win. To base hiring practices on color, creed, etc., etc. is against the law, is it not? Are we to revert back to stupid hiring practices after working so hard to make it fair for everyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
If someone can do the job well, fine I do not care about color, race or sex.... However I saw WAY too much of the incompetents who screamed "I'm ... so you can not fire me" over the years. There is nothing like having to do two jobs while someone sits on their rear and when raises come around they get a 10% raise and you get a warning. Really great race relationship builder.

I agree- if you can do the job, you're qualified.
But in my experience, I've seen others of different race come in, straight out of trade school with no experience, and get hired for more than I made after 6 years of doing the work, all under the guise of 'equal opportunity'.
So, what opportunity did I have to be equal with them?
They got the grants for trade school but I didn't since I'm white. I spent 6 years learning from the ground up and they had 2 years of vocational college that didn't even directly address what jobs I had to do. And they get hired for higher wages than me because they got the 'minority' grant, and did less work?
Oh, wait. I was allowed to be equal with them because they were sent to me to get trained. So the student earns more than the teacher, simply due to skin color, and I had no recourse.

link   

Originally posted by depth om
Step down? How about others step up? That guy is racist scum!

Who? What others should step up?

link   
OH YEAH! I'm stepping right aside... just as soon as I stop "overpopulating" with kids so that the 3rd world can run amok and inherit everything i worked for my whole life...

I smell a big beat down coming if this kind of stuff keeps up. Said in front of my face i'd hospitalize that guy without any reservations.

Human Nature sucks... you give Equality and people start talking inferiority and weakness and stepping aside, there are always those idiots that can't be happy when they already won. They have to then prove self worth by coming for you to.

It's such a great thing for world peace that Caucasians got a little fat, a lil lazy and calmed down and opened their minds a bit...

And you can see this is what it's going to be, The Viking wont be allowed to rest inside us, dumb donkeys like this guy are going to force that side of me awake...

God have mercy on them for they know not what they do.

Not religious at all but it's the only line that crosses my mind...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Is this what it means to be a 'Diversity Czar?"

It would be one thing if the 'czar' identified situations where someone had risen to power because of his or her race and thus called for 'equity.'

But this seems just like an enforcer mentality for 'affirmative action'.

Is it me, or doesn't it seem like race has actually become MORE important in recent times? I had naively expected it to become less important.

Well, I've lingered long enough..., I have to beware of those prepared to label my observations as those of a racist. That is a game I refuse to play.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This guy is retarded. Wow, I'm thinking one day the white man is gonna get fed up and the poop is gonna hit the fan. Things are mounting to a head.

I'll tell you what, if that day ever happens when the white man steps down from positions of power in the USA, this country will go down the tubes so fast it'll make your head spin. The white man made this great country what it is. Look at Africa people!

[edit on 24-9-2009 by rocknroll]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join