It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LOST SYMBOL and Freemasonry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The new book has and will raise questions.

I just found a web site put up by The Masonic Society.

Hopefully, it will provide some answers to those with questions.

www.freemasonlostsymbol.com...

The page does note that the page will be updated.

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
To be honest I found the book to be rather pedestrain in its plot development and overall story arc. The plot 'twist' was so obvious it was painful and the 'secret' they were fighting to keep hidden would not, in my opinion, be as shocking if it were in real life.

I did find the history and descriptions of Washington D.C. and our Founding Father's to be very captivating. So much so that I am planning a trip with the intent of going to several of the places mentioned. Although I do not think they will allow me to climb to the top of the Capitol dome.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

No, no, no...

Here is the correct lost symbol...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Exactly!!!!!! It was so frustrating to have it figured out within the first 50 pages or so. I kept saying no, it can't be so simple, he's gonna turn it all around somehow and make me feel stupid. Nope, I'm high on my feeling of superiority right now, stupid book.

To whomever had the dollar pic with the star, that was in the book, the shape of the star is incorrect, but regardless yes the tips spell out mason.

OP: Thanks for the site, can't wait for them to update it.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I finished the book last night and it has intrigued me as well. I do have a few questions that have been raised as I have not actually studied Freemasons for quite sometime. I know Dan Brown has a knack for including factual info in his books, but I also know he has a knack for adding a few things.

I shall read up on the site and see what I find out. I have always considered joining the Freemasons but never did. Perhaps this will be my push in that direction?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Although I do not think they will allow me to climb to the top of the Capitol dome.

What's so special about the Capitol dome?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Although I bought the book over the weekend, I just started reading it today. I was interupted at chapter 4. Its interesting and I'm going to finish it tomorrow. Then I'll join the discussion. It should be interesting too.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

What's so special about the Capitol dome?

It was part of the plot and I do not want to spoil it for those who may have not yet read the book so I will not say anything more, sorry.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Exactly!!!!!! It was so frustrating to have it figured out within the first 50 pages or so. I kept saying no, it can't be so simple, he's gonna turn it all around somehow and make me feel stupid. Nope, I'm high on my feeling of superiority right now, stupid book.

I agree. I posted this elsewhere but it reminds me of the M. Night Shamalama-ding-dong movies where you are on the lookout for the twist ending and you try to figure it out, well all except the his last one, what was it called...oh yeah The Crappening.

Maybe it spoils the fun to try and figure it out our maybe it does not but if you constantly use the same plot devices eventually it will become rather predictable and you will begin to dwell on what the surprise may be.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I thought it was a fun read. but yeah, I did have half of the idea figured out within 50 pages. Still, entertaining and he reinforces interesting philosophies !

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

My girl got it for me a few days ago.

On chapter 26 atm.

Just as good as De Vin code ,so far , always so much detail ,in his books.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by lycopersicum]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just finished it an hour ago. I thought it was fairly entertaining, but he obviously took a lot of liberties.

Unfortunately I think there were some very interesting topics that could have been explored much more deeply, but I agree the plot was fairly easy to figure out.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Working through it. It's a decent vacation-class read, nothing to set the world alight. Lots of sound and fury. Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum" is a much better read on the topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My guess is that its going to have something to do with one of the symbols in the Key of Solomon ...or possibly "decoding" one of the pentacles from The Key or another well-known grimoire.

[edit on 9/25/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

One could have hoped.

It's not that complex.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I just got done reading it. IMO, the format of the book was EXACTLY like the DaVinci Code. Just a different setting. It was a decent book, and I liked the plot. I think I would have loved it if I had not read his previous books.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I finished it a few days ago, the plot was obvious, yes, but I did learn things about the US capitol and the founding fathers. By the way, did anyone call Peter Solomon's cell phone number?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i was so very disappointed in this book.

i enjoyed the da vinci code quite a bit. angels and demons was okay. the lost symbol was weak beyond my wildest dreams.

i found the plot to be painful. but enough on my disappointment.

i was particularly interested in the portrayal of masons in this book. i am sure i was not alone in my pleasure at seeing this organization portrayed in a good light, for once. i did however find it amusing to see what incredible status brown gave to the order, or at least it's secret upper echelons.

this i am sure was a unsurprising element included in the book. specifically that at the higher levels of the masonic order there exists a secret internal 'brotherhood' who possess some form of 'power' not available to both the public and the lower echelons.

eh, that is all i really have to say on the topic...

i give DB a C for this work. No better.

Edit to add: my question to the resident masons:

after reading this book i again find myself wondering if joining my local masonic lodge would lead me into a group and order that is truly this interested in the esoteric?

is it likely? or is it just as likely to be untrue?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Animal]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
after reading this book i again find myself wondering if joining my local masonic lodge would lead me into a group and order that is truly this interested in the esoteric?

is it likely? or is it just as likely to be untrue?

While it is sadly not the main focus of the Fraternity I think if you made this intention known that there would be members that could point you in the right direction or even in enage you in the conversation of this topic.

I myself have benn able to join the awareness and education commitees and have found that there are still quite a few Masons interested in the esoteric and historical aspects of the Institution.

new topics

top topics

join