It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the homegrown terrorists lately??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
im sure everyone else here has noticed the recent rash of "islamic terrorists" being caught in the USA... First thier was the raids in the Queens, NY.. Then there was the Denver, Co. investigation that eventually led to the arrest of 3 men.. 2 in NYC and 1 in Denver... and now theyve apparently arrested some guy in Springfield, Ill. who attempted to blow up a federal building with a truck bomb there.. there was also just last month i believe a cell in NC of 7 men, 6 of whom were caught and a 7th is in pakistan/afghnaistan right now still roaming around..

whats with all the plots lately.. ? any ideas? any behind the scenes conspiracy thoughts? or is it what it seems?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There is rumor of a nuclear bomb being detonated at october 22

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sorry for my bad english

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It was 8 years later from the first world trade towers. 8 years from 9/11 is this month and the next. Something big is going to happen. Just wait....once we/they attack Iran the brown stuff will hit the fan!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hopefully they keep cathing them before they do something crazy, it is not acceptable for any terror acts in NA to happen. If they are natural born citizens and they want to reap terror in the name of Allah they should be exiled to an Islamic state over seas where their parents came from.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
what does 8 years later have to do with with anything? excuse my ignorance if any.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Umm, I think I missed something. What truck bomb in Springfield?

Sorry it's only a single line.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i think that all these "homegrown terrorists" are just people who got really unlucky.

America is breaking apart. anyone can tell you that. The government is trying to make it seem like they got a handle on things. These home grown terrorists are probably just drug dealers or some kind of other criminal. Homeland Security is America's Gestapo. They are trying to make themselves look good. so when they come to take your neighbor and your family, you won't question them. You will praise them.

most "terrorist" attacks were done by our government or with atleast it's knowledge.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Here's the story. It was a plot, with FBI informants...so who knows how credible

Source

[edit on 24-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There have been foreigners in the USA and Canada, recruiting ex cons straight out of prison and sending them to paramilitary training camps around the country. According to this article Here the people at those camps have recently "vanished"

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here's the gist: Make a plot. Get everything in place. Get caught right before it starts. Repeat ad-infinitum.

I think the point is intentional "tease": You don't really want to do it but you want them to know you can and letting someone get caught shows just how smart you are and how dumb they are. Or maybe the intention is crying wolf: numb society to the point it is complacent and then let another one loose.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Seen any trials or convictions? No. Think dog and pony show here,
trumping up charges to validate the US super-duper security state.
Yes, your tax dollars at waste ladies and gentlemen! All Islamic
males in the US: Dont get caught with hydrogen peroxide and
nail polish remover or YOU could be carted of to Guantanamo.

I just watched "Taxi to the Dark side" (movie) last night. I still
can't get over how we have mistreated OVER 100,000
innocent men from Iraq. Afghanistan and Pakistan as well as the
US. No wonder the war will never end, we keep creating new enemies.

Don't think for a minute that you can grab people off the street,
torture them for years and just let them go without repercussions.
If a real terrorist attack by Islamic militants does hit the US, you have
but a few people to blame: Dick Cheney, George W Bush, John Yoo,
Donald Rumsfeld and George Tenet. We won't be attacked because
they "hate our freedoms". They will attack because we killed their
families, incarcerated and tortured them and set them free without
so much as an apology.

I'm not ashamed to be an American but I am ashamed of what we
have done, particularly what has been done in the name of the war
on terror. Apologies and humility are the only real recourse of action
we have, something I'm afraid our government knows absolutely
nothing about.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

Ok I also found out they caught another one in texas today www.myfoxdfw.com...

Why so many this month?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Or these people are predisposed to violence. Remember that truck bomb in Iraq was from a "innocent" farmer. Maybe his time in Guantamno bay turned him in to a enemy or maybe he was already...

Now if the ptb where gonna do something real they would be going after all the veterans and Ron Paul supporters

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I thought it was 9/22.

What, did it not happen so they moved the date up to october? Im pretty sure thats what the 10/10 crowd did.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Seen any trials or convictions? No. Think dog and pony show here,
trumping up charges to validate the US super-duper security state.
Yes, your tax dollars at waste ladies and gentlemen! All Islamic
males in the US: Dont get caught with hydrogen peroxide and
nail polish remover or YOU could be carted of to Guantanamo.

Don't think for a minute that you can grab people off the street,
torture them for years and just let them go without repercussions.
If a real terrorist attack by Islamic militants does hit the US, you have
but a few people to blame: Dick Cheney, George W Bush, John Yoo,
Donald Rumsfeld and George Tenet. We won't be attacked because
they "hate our freedoms". They will attack because we killed their
families, incarcerated and tortured them and set them free without
so much as an apology.

I'm not ashamed to be an American but I am ashamed of what we
have done, particularly what has been done in the name of the war
on terror. Apologies and humility are the only real recourse of action
we have, something I'm afraid our government knows absolutely
nothing about.

QFT!

I was going to post pretty much the same thing but you beat me to it. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that thinks that way and feels that way.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
QFT means "Quoted For Truth" or "Quit F***ing Talking"?

Just curious, cause it seams emotional zealots seem to use the former and logical zealots use the latter.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
QFT means "Quoted For Truth" or "Quit F***ing Talking"?

Just curious, cause it seams emotional zealots seem to use the former and logical zealots use the latter.

Quoted for Truth in this case. Despite my short post on this thread, I am generally guilty of posts that are virtual Walls of Text to where I would never be daunted enough to say the other.

Although I'm not sure if I would be zealoti of either persuasion.

It is true that our government has made plenty of enemies from their own wrong-doings. However, many of the enemies we have created are from our wrongful meddling in the affairs of other nations in a clandestine manner, using the CIA. We have successfully undermined stability in the entire Near East for going on 50 years now. The actions of both presidents named Bush were but the cleaning up of previous CIA wrong-doings to sweep them under the proverbial rug.

Unfortunately, our government still hasn't learned to keep their hands out of the cookie jar in the first place, let alone fess up to our previous forays into the cookie jar...and you can forget about expecting an apology for those past indiscretions! Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it...and our government continues to do such...over and over and over, every where we go.

And if it isn't enough that we have made enemies of allies, and even more bitter enemies of old enemies, but our government has begun to treat it's own people as enemies. You can't expect to treat people like criminals for long before they either learn to hate you or become the criminals you are treating them like.

Terrorism is a response to our government's ineptitude in foreign affairs over the course of half a century. Domestic Terrorism is a response to our government's ineptitude in domestic affairs over the course of the past 8 years. At this point, all that is left is Political Terrorism where politicians turn on other politicians in response to our government shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

i was watching CNN today and they said they had arrested some normal named guy alias "talib Islam" in springfield, illinois who drove a truck which he thought was loaded with explosives to a federal building there and then got into a car with an undercover fed and then he tried to set it off but of course nothing went off cause it wasnt real then they nabbed the guy..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
A lot of recent arrests and discoveries of home-grown terrorists... hmmm, how do we stop a bunch of crazies, people with questionable loyalties to the US, those on both the left and right? We could round them up! We could suspend the Constitution after some homegrown attack, and get rid of those mean spirited Teabagge...oops, I mean Islamic terrorists. Yes, that is why so many lately. Those mean ol' homegrown, flag wavin' 9/12ers....I mean Islamic terrorists.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join