Russia's Chechen chief blames CIA for violence

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Russia's Chechen chief blames CIA for violence

MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Kremlin-backed chief of Russia's turbulent Chechnya region said his forces were fighting U.S. and British intelligence services who want to split the country apart, according to an interview published on Thursday.

Former rebel-turned-Moscow-ally Ramzan Kadyrov said in comments to Zavtra newspaper reprinted on his official website that he had seen the U.S. driving licence of a CIA operative who was killed in a security operation he led.

Chechen authorities have previously said insurgents following the radical Wahabist form of Islam receive support from international Islamist groups sympathetic to al-Qaeda, but have not accused the West of instigating violence.

Wait a minute, this so-called CIA operative carried around his US drivers license!?

I'm no James Bond, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be standard protocol. Why would a spook need his drivers license in Chechnya?

Now this I can believe:

The West sought to attack both Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and the country as a whole by targeting the country's weakest regions, Kadyrov said in the comments republished prominently on www.chechnya.gov.ru.

Breaking News on Reuters, they are going to try and make a big deal about these accusations, I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Yeah right, just like the BS when Khamenei said Iran had westerners causing trouble during the protests, and later he refuted it himself by saying there were actually no such evidence of that, and only evidence of internal dissent.

I think the only breaking news from this is the Russian Chechen chief overdoing his daily allowance of vodka!
CIA here, CIA there, but somehow managing to get away without leaving any evidence behind. Maybe the US has secret alien technology to leave without a trace!! But why then would they not be carrying out every single job with perfection, instead of every "job" being botched up!

[edit on 24-9-2009 by john124]

join