It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Feed from G20 police frequencies (Unscrambled)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
How to you want me to work!!! We are all there like working togheter for what? just to get the info... sooo coool... plz don't stop!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

LRAD = Long Range Acoustic Device
From Wiki

The Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) is a crowd-control and hailing device developed by American Technology Corporation.

According to the manufacturer's specifications, the equipment weighs 45 pounds (20 kg) and can emit sound in a 30° beam (only at high frequency, 2.5 kHz) from a device 83 centimetres (33 in) in diameter. At maximum level, it can emit a warning tone that is 146 dBSPL (1,000 W/m²) at 1 metre, a level that is capable of permanently damaging hearing, and higher than the normal human threshold of pain (120–140 dB). The maximum usable design range extends to 300 metres. At 300 metres, the warning tone (measured) is less than 90 dB. The warning tone is a high-pitched shrill tone similar to that of a smoke detector.

There appears to be some disagreement over these specifications, as some[who?] have reported measurements that differ from the manufacturer's specifications, and show reduced output with a less directive beam.

Carl Gruenler, former Vice President of Military and Government Operations for American Technology Corp. (and who now runs a company making a competing device), says that being within 90 metres (98 yd) of the device is extremely painful, but its use should be limited to 270 metres (300 yd) to be effectively used. He concedes that the device is powerful enough to cause permanent auditory damage, but that it is only meant to be used for a few seconds at a time.

Countermeasures may include the use of passive hearing protection (earplugs, headsets), which may bring the sound down to ineffective levels. In addition, sound could be reflected from a solid surface, and redirected back to the originator.

edit to add
The magazine Foreign Policy has revealed that LRADs have been sold to the government of the People's Republic of China. American companies have been banned from selling arms to China since the 1989 Tiananmen Square Massacre, but the LRAD is described by ATC as a “directed-sounds communications system".[11]

[edit on 25-9-2009 by MikeNice81]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Lol "40-60 protesters coming up my rear..."

Poor guy !!

Wish I knew what half the terminology meant, so different to Aus police scanners.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Police fired pepper spray and rubber bullets at marchers after they rolled rubbish bins and threw rocks.

The clashes began after hundreds of protesters, many shouting anti-capitalist slogans, tried to march from the outlying Lawrenceville neighbourhood toward the convention centre where the summit is being held.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I actually laughed at that bit

seems to be between 5000-10000 in the protest and a a few pockets around the areas

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO
en.wikipedia.org...

Long Range Acoustic Device

LRAD

Well that's interesting...

Yikes!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

it was extensively used against protesters at the September 2009 G20 Summit in Pittsburgh,
wiki

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Police scanner 10/11 and Penal Codes
www.radiolabs.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

These things are easy to defeat. A pair of Hearos ear plugs and a set of muffs like they use at shooting ranges. It would limit the SPL in the ear to around 80-100dBspl

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

I actually laughed at that bit

He sounded rather anxious when he said it, made me giggle too

seems to be between 5000-10000 in the protest and a a few pockets around the areas

Sounds like the police are not going to fool around either, I hope it doesn't go pear shaped, tho we're all kinda listening for something to happen! I've got audacity recording the G20 Operations broadcast anyway, just to be sure.

I rekon it's pretty neat that we're all listening to the same thing, from across the entire planet!

2:23 am here. Yet both hearing the same stuff.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
19:34 here in the UK.

Good idea recording on audacity. Possible evidence if things get out of hand...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 13Etznab

Ahh cheers, good to know, thanks!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Did he just remembered the policeman that he had a VERY GLOBAL TRANSMISSION?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yeah Technology is scary

but i'm still wondering what a CDU is?

also he said officers on grant if they have their shields to use them.

i think personally that everyone wants something to happen

did you just hear him say "youth with yellow substance in a bottle" a.k.a piss hahaha

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It is amazing that the whole world is participating and keeping an eye on what is happening. People around the world are recording this moment for history. The truth may be stretched but it can not be totally denied. The recordings are there in several formats on hundred of servers and private computers.

I don't think they anticipated this when they talked about Eskimos sending e-mails in 99.

2:37pm at time of original post.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by MikeNice81]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

it was extensively used against protesters at the September 2009 G20 Summit in Pittsburgh,
wiki

I wonder if someone should tweet this tid-bit, just to get it out if they use this thing.

"Countermeasures may include the use of passive hearing protection (earplugs, headsets), which may bring the sound down to ineffective levels. In addition, sound could be reflected from a solid surface, and redirected back to the originator."

Ear plugs and direct it back at them

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
19:34 here in the UK.

Good idea recording on audacity. Possible evidence if things get out of hand...

I did the same when someone posted a link to the police freqs after Hurricane Katrina. Didn't get anything worth keeping but man that was interesting listening to it live.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
An arguement between anarchists and a christian group ...??

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"5th and Grant a group of anarchists are yelling at a christian group both are using bullhorn's it's getting heated"

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I feel the exact same way. With the use of the internet, we can communicate LIVE with everyone there, while here we are watching them to report.

Totally amazing, I think there will have no news agencies in the future, we will all be connected anyway so as soon something happend, the world will now.

Internet = tool for humanity to achieve global cooperation within each INDIVIDUAL.

I remember not so long ago with my 2400 modem...

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join