It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should we call "aliens"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I really like this one, because it grounds us into a physical but a non-spatial quantity meaning anything is possible in that clause.

We as a species are more unidentified then any ALIEN, I know we have already categorized them but what about ourselves.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by menguard]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Interesting question, and one I have been pondering lately. Personally I would like to see a nomenclature change to UE's or Unknown Entities. I think that is a much more scientific way to classify 'them' (whatever they are), as well an overall better fit to our limited understanding. Not to mention the fact that it is thought that some creatures we call "ETs" may not be that at all. We now have the following main types of entities reported and being researched:

• Extraterrestrial
  • Extradimensional
  • Innerteresstrial
  • Time Travelers
  • Other types of quote, mystical-type beings, although this could likely fit into one of the four aforementioned categories.

Again, I would be in favor of using UE as opposed to "alien" as a general term. Of course if information comes out that states or leads to an alien or extradimensional being then of course use the specific terms. I just think the term UE will be a good way to further organize the field of ufology.

Great question OP, thanks for sharing.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by jkrog08]

• Thanks, this is excellent. It encompases biological as well as non-biological entities.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:40 PM
    link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
    How about UBE's? Unidentified Biological Entities

Thanks for your contribution. I initially thought this was even better than the first suggestion, but thinking more about it, perhaps not all are biological. Still a good one...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
    link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi

Alien is just fine for now. Why? Because we still consider aspects of our selves and other nations (nationalism. Ha!) alien. Kind of putting the cart before the horse when we start to consider giving non-concrete concepts a higher status than our own existences. Oh of course we have been doing that all along haven't we? God anyone?

This just shows it's time for us to grow up.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
    link   
    I would just call them our space brothers & sisters. I have a feeling most advanced ET's are benevolent and wise beyond comprehension. If that is the case, I really hope one day we become peaceful enough to meet them.

Omni

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Originally posted by redwoodjedi

Alien is just fine for now. Why? Because we still consider aspects of our selves and other nations (nationalism. Ha!) alien. Kind of putting the cart before the horse when we start to consider giving non-concrete concepts a higher status than our own existences. Oh of course we have been doing that all along haven't we? God anyone?

This just shows it's time for us to grow up.

Succinct and obvious to those far back enough from the immediate scenario to see the bigger picture clearly. But growing up has many, many steps to incur before we collectively realize that we know that we don't know. It seems that when we "know" things, we kill them. A gross generalization to be sure but adequate enough to illustrate the truthiness of the outlined dilemma.

So, how does a global society en masse come to some sort of Universal Agreement by which recognition of all life as one Entity in all of it's many facets come to learn this? Because I assure you, if there are in fact visitors from an elsewhere or an elsewhen, you can bet your patooty that they have this type of understanding and "not knowing but being" basis of existence. That is the foundational secret of coexistence among the supposed higher entities: the recognition of all existence as an extension of itself for itself by itself to witness within and express without.

We are far from this and no where near ready at a global level to contend with it. Here you go. This it seems is the concurrent mindset of the global populace in general:

My god is better than your god. Your god is a false god. I will kill you for being a devil and a heretic. What's more, my god will take me to heaven for killing you. Die unconverted filth.

Exaggerated? Maybe a little. Truthful? Definitely. I will say though that our overall evolution is coming along nicely if we can survive this next critical step. The Nation against Nation thing is all but about done, really. Great. However, Faction against Faction and Religion against Religion is still very much alive and prevalent.

Would I visit Earth openly and non stealthily as a perceived exterior being? Oh hell no!!

I assure you if and when we find life on other planets, we will first collect, kill and discern it's weaknesses. Only after we have determined our superiority to it will we feel comfortable being openly expressive toward it without feeling threatened by it. We like to kill things smarter than us.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
    link   
    i will call the first ` bob ` , the next - ` bob2 ` and so on

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
    link   
    Call them interstellar travellers, astronauts, or non terrestrials.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
    link   

Originally posted by born-indigo
    Call them interstellar travellers, astronauts, or non terrestrials.

Those are fine titles and must have taken a bit of consideration. I do however, have one little nit to pick with them. Well, two of them are fine actually. But, how do you know they are non terrestrials? There is more than one dimension sharing this planet and a whole infinite timeline to run back and forth on. Wow! This does make things a bit more complicated doesn't it?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
    link   
    brothers from another mother earth.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:04 PM
    link   
    Pretty much what you want to.

No race or tribe of people on this earth call themselves what we English speaking folks call them.

It is our name for them.Other languages have different names too.

So, if one them were to present themselves to you and you were to ask them their name they may tell you their individual name or their family.

I have study the phenomena and myths of unusual beings through out human history and how some relate to the known encounters during modern times.

I have particularly have been curious about the Blond Nordics since they appear to be human.

Has anyone studied up on Elves?

Google it and read up on it.

It will make you wonder.Were they myths or??????

Extraordinary Life Form.

ELF.

This is the definition of Extraordinary

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
    link   
    I would say 'visitors', but Whitley Schrieber made that word a bit negative, imho.

So, I just use the 'ETs'. It may not be completely accurate, but I'm sure they know that.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:59 PM
    link   

Most accounts I've read say that "aliens" don't like or think it is inaccurate to apply that word to them.

What have you read to prove this?

I already know some of you will say "demons", "fallen angels", or other derogatory statements

What makes those names derogatory statements? Maybe they like it. Maybe they DON'T like the names in which for what you are asking.

since there are many more than one kind visiting

Any proof of this as well? Didn't think so.

Don't get me wrong. I believe very much so. Just not you.

It's all completely hypothetical anyway isn't really?

Why don't we just call them "jildksnsdlkgyso" or maybe "mxyouplekshyu"?

Just like you name a dog. The dog doesn't care because it can't speak to us and tell us that it doesn't like it.

It doesn't matter what you call them. Call them whatever you want as long as it makes you happy until they voice their opinion.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
    link   
    If your interested these are the real names of Alien (Space) Races

Holy Truth Bringers (Grays)
    Ming-karh-bing-loink (Gray)
    Great Devourer / Deceiver (Reptilians)
    Jeh-Ash-Jing-Bow (Reptilian sub-race)
    Min-kah-bu-ar (Insectoids)

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:14 PM
    link   
    I call them Nephilim. The offspring of the fallen ones and human women.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:19 PM
    link   
    Hmmm... we could call them our Distant Cousins ?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
    link   

Originally posted by william.gauncents

Most accounts I've read say that "aliens" don't like or think it is inaccurate to apply that word to them.

What have you read to prove this?

I already know some of you will say "demons", "fallen angels", or other derogatory statements

What makes those names derogatory statements? Maybe they like it. Maybe they DON'T like the names in which for what you are asking.

since there are many more than one kind visiting

Any proof of this as well? Didn't think so.

Don't get me wrong. I believe very much so. Just not you.

It's all completely hypothetical anyway isn't really?

Why don't we just call them "jildksnsdlkgyso" or maybe "mxyouplekshyu"?

Just like you name a dog. The dog doesn't care because it can't speak to us and tell us that it doesn't like it.

It doesn't matter what you call them. Call them whatever you want as long as it makes you happy until they voice their opinion.

I won't provide you with a bibliography of what I've read. That's just a poor application of my time. It's up to you, if you're really interested, to look into this. I'm not here to "prove" my points in this forum, particularly to you. I simply asked for opinions from those who are in basic agreement with the premise. I'm not looking to prove anything or provide evidence of anything. I don't have to. As for the terms "demons" and "fallen angels" being derogatory, that is the common usage and that is what makes them derogatory. I know of no culture that predominates where they are anything but derogatory. Everything is based on testimonial evidence from thousands of witnesses. There are likely millions more but those are simply not officially documented.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
    link   
    I find it astounding when special people (i.e. channelers) speak with "aliens," these aliens have astoundingly called themselves the exact same name of stars we've named in the last few hundred years! I mean like.. what are the odds.

But aside from that, I think they have a name for their race just like we do for ours. And I'd guess it would be in our best interest to be polite and call them by that, if they ever decide to formally introduce themselves to us.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:56 PM
    link   

I know of no culture that predominates where they are anything but derogatory.

Actually Satan is a fallen angel and in their culture, it is not derogatory. The only reason it is "derogatory" is from biased opinions based upon Christianity.

Many people believe a lot of different things and for you to call them derogatory is ALMOST, and I say almost loosely, a racist statement. I do not belong to the satanic church or any church for that matter. I don't judge names, creeds, or colors as derogatory. It's a matter of opinion on what one believes.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by william.gauncents]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
    link   
    Simply call them: ULB - Unidentified Living Being

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join