It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should we call "aliens"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Most accounts I've read say that "aliens" don't like or think it is inaccurate to apply that word to them. What should we call them instead? I already know some of you will say "demons", "fallen angels", or other derogatory statements, so please refrain from doing so. I think at this point, any name/title should reflect our lack of knowlege of who they are (collectively, since there are many more than one kind visiting) and not judge prematurely. Thanks in advance!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
We should call ourselves aliens. Simple as that..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ALlegedly exIsting Extraterrestrial iNtelligent Species. There - AL.I.E.N.S . Much better, they should be ecstatic now.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I think we should call them figments of our overactive imaginations, until we get some proof that they actually visit earth, until then it doesnt matter what we call them because they are light years away.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe we would get along with them better if we just called them 'friend.'

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Interesting question, and one I have been pondering lately. Personally I would like to see a nomenclature change to UE's or Unknown Entities. I think that is a much more scientific way to classify 'them' (whatever they are), as well an overall better fit to our limited understanding. Not to mention the fact that it is thought that some creatures we call "ETs" may not be that at all. We now have the following main types of entities reported and being researched:

• Extraterrestrial
  • Extradimensional
  • Innerteresstrial
  • Time Travelers
  • Other types of quote, mystical-type beings, although this could likely fit into one of the four aforementioned categories.

Again, I would be in favor of using UE as opposed to "alien" as a general term. Of course if information comes out that states or leads to an alien or extradimensional being then of course use the specific terms. I just think the term UE will be a good way to further organize the field of ufology.

Great question OP, thanks for sharing.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by jkrog08]

• posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
    link   
    Well maybe if they don't like it they should come down and let us know about Reverend Jessie Jackson style. We call them aliens and untill they say we are ______ they will remain aliens.

1. Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.
    2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange. See Synonyms at foreign.
    3. Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament.
    n.
    1. An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.
    2. A person from another and very different family, people, or place.
    3. A person who is not included in a group; an outsider.
    4. A creature from outer space: a story about an invasion of aliens.
    5. Ecology An organism, especially a plant or animal, that occurs in or is naturalized in a region to which it is not native.

Alien works

[edit on 24-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:18 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Quickfix

If we were visiting them on there home planet, we would be the aliens...

PEACE!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
    link   
    Well what do they call us? We call ourselves many different things. People, humans, blacks, whites, hispanics, asians...I don't think it really matters what we call them as long as the concept gets across.

I liked what jkrog08 says becuase there are many different catogories we could put them in.

Not all of them come from distant planets in other galaxies. Not all of them come from this dimension.

I say until the public as a whole realizes we really are not alone then the term alien should suffice.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:21 PM
    link   
    Obviously they would have a name for themselves, like we are called humans.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Visiting ESB

Generally speaking,

It's quite funny how some oppose every indication that there are
    Extra Terrestrials visiting us, while at the same time they love to
    endlessly speculate about species, anal probing and so on?

Why not call them "Analiens"??

Why are some confusing 'demons'/astral-beings with ETs?

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
    "I think at this point, any name/title should reflect our lack of knowlege
    of who they are (collectively, since there are many more than one kind visiting)
    and not judge prematurely. Thanks in advance!"

What's wrong with "Extra Terrestrials"?

You say that "there are many more than one kind visiting"?

You have any indications or facts to back this up?

I prefer to call visiting ETs: Solar Humans.

Because that's what they are.

Need proof?

Look in the mirror.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
    link   
    i feel 'alien' is derogatory too...

i prefer to call them extra terrestrials...i figure that is pretty all-encompassing and is basically what they are to us on earth, no?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
    link   

Originally posted by double_frick
    i feel 'alien' is derogatory too...

The 'demonization' of ET is part of the spin.

The last straw.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:09 PM
    link   
    How about UBE's? Unidentified Biological Entities

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
    link   

Earth: the dysfunctional planet.

Visiting ETs are not unidentified,
    neither are many of their spaceships.

If there would exist any kind of proof
    that there were ETs visiting us who are not Human,
    one can rest assured that the images, videos and reports
    would be presented all over the boards and MSM.

ETs represent the next step in our evolution.

Solar Humans.

We are not alone in our Solar System.

What exists beyond in the galaxy, is not yet of our concern.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b3319180b97.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
    link   
    Well I call the Extradimensionals "The Light Beings"
    I dont think they have a problem with that;

And as for the Extraterrestrials
    Extraterrestrials seems fine or I think we could just call them by what planet they come from;

[edit on 24-9-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:12 PM
    link   
    why dont we wait and ask them....

thats like saying to a friend. hey what name should i give that chick over there?

and why is aliens so bad.... whats its origin?

[edit on 24-9-2009 by hautmess]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
    link   
    i choose 'friend' .................................................

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:31 AM
    link   
    This is a most curious question. Not because of it's context but because of it's implication at a societal level. Very curious. What do I mean? Well, I find it confounding that we are now so sensitive and politically correct that we are now looking at a "softened terminology" so as not to offend a concept that has yet to be proven, recognized in a broadspectrum body of clear and cognitive science, or accepted beyond an esoteric standing by the general gross global populace.

I honestly do not think we are collectively evolved enough to call "them" anything but aliens yet. At least we have evolved past the "them that shall not be named" stage of our fear. Which means we no longer fear it so much that we run away from it. Naaah! Once humans start naming stuff that usually means our fear has now evolved to point of just killing it instead of running away from it.

Alien is just fine for now. Why? Because we still consider aspects of our selves and other nations (nationalism. Ha!) alien. Kind of putting the cart before the horse when we start to consider giving non-concrete concepts a higher status than our own existences. Oh of course we have been doing that all along haven't we? God anyone?

My Dos Centavos,

Erik

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:04 AM
    link   
    I'd call them devious little bastards.

They've got everybody soul searching, arguing, exhibiting signs of self loathing and doing the dimple cheeked warm and fuzzy buddy song but they haven't even dropped a postcard in the mail to introduce themselves.

Slick little sonsaguns.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join