It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is bottled water bad, becasue of the flouride content in it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Do any of you know if bottled water is bad becasue of the flouride content. I drink aquafina which has 0.3 ppm of ions flouride?? What does this mean? I always wondered? Is 0.3 bad for you if you drink alot of water?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

browse this site, which is one of the best ones i know of regarding the truth about fluoride...
www.fluoridealert.org...

also, feel free to check out the threads in my sig regarding fluoride, and the one about the pineal gland, which fluoride affects the most easily in the body.

anyway, i wouldn't drink bottled water at all, because most of them are fluoridated. the only thing that i know of that removes fluoride is a Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Fluoride is not good for you period. Why would you want to ingest chemicals, regardless of the concentration?

A RO/DI (Reverse Osmosis & De-ionization) water filtration system can be purchased from ebay for less than 200$. Installation is a breeze, only took me a couple hours, and I have never plumbed in my life.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
but its just .03??? is it really that bad????

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Fluoride occurs naturally in water, (along with a lot of other elements) at about 0.4 ppm. Municipalities usually fluoridate on average about 1.0 ppm. (The range is about 0.8 to 1.3 ppm) Since your consuming water at 0.3 ppm, which is less than what occurs naturally, I would think you're ok.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Bottled water contains calcium fluoride which is entirely natural.Sodium fluoride is a waste product from various industries.Two different beasts.Sodium fluoride is much more toxic compared to calcium fluoride.I don't adhere to the conspiracy of fluoride though(dumb people down etc) as the amounts are very very small.Various studies show it does not help in fighting cavities,it's simply corporations getting rid of a waste product and making money from it.So it shouldn't be in the water supply imo but i don't think it's some grand conspiracy to keep us complacent.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

i've heard that the natural fluoride is Calcium Fluoride, and the fluoride they put in water "for our health" is Sodium Fluoride, which is formerly rat poison.

check out this, and especially read the comments down below (search for "fluoride" on the page
):
www.alternet.org...

[edit on 25-9-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I would argue that anything which is contained in plastic is bad for your period. However your question is about the fluoride.

Yes, it's bad for you. Like...really bad for you.

Buy a water filter, best thing I ever did.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
0.3 ppm is lower than most city water I think. Our local water is, if I remember correctly, 0.7 ppm. I remember because I saw a story on it about a year ago where they dropped it 0.1 from 0.8 ppm. Whether fluoride is bad for you or not is of considerable debate, but that bottled water almost certainly has less fluoride in it than your tap water.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How would they drop the flouride rate from .08PPM to .01PPM??

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Is it true that distilled water is fluoride free?

Good to hear the confirmation offered on reverse-osmosis systems.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Most of the concerns center around environmental issues (never-ending supply of plastic bottles and the floating continent of plastic in the Pacific) and the Bisphenol-A in the plastic that is jacking our hormones.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
How would they drop the flouride rate from .08PPM to .01PPM??

Sorry, I must have worded that poorly. They dropped it by 0.1 from 0.8 to 0.7. We have 0.7 now.

www.edmontonjournal.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lol, i was wondering what was going on there. Thanks for the heads up, makes alot more sense now

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

yep; flouride is a poison. you dont need to add it to your diet. its a by product of an industrial process - making aluminium - and thats probly why those in the industry want to dump it somewhere to make money out of it. several countries have banned it in water supplies. course, some dentists still think its great altho that depends whose study you read. there's no accounting for stupidity. some people say it was originally used by the nazis in the death camps to subdue the inmates. wouldnt surprise me; try reading Jim Marrs - rise of the fourth reich to see the connections between people at the top of companies/industries and their connectsion wtih nazis.

you can get toothpaste without flouride/i wud recommend that. i wud not recommend drinking bottles of it. u can buy filters to take it out of your tap water (shower water).

(id rather be paranoid, than dead).

new topics

top topics

join