It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against Home Births and Midwifery in America by the Medical Community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Many people would never become aware of home-birthing and midwifery because it is considered taboo in America.

Homebirthing according to wikipedia is:

is a birth that is planned to occur at home. It is contrasted to birth that occur in a hospital or a birth centre.

Midwifery according to wikipedia is:

...a health care profession in which providers give prenatal care to expecting mothers, attend the birth of the infant, and provide postpartum care to the mother and her infant. A practitioner of midwifery is known as a midwife, a term used in reference to both women and men.

Why would someone want to have a home-birth with the assistance of a midwife? Well the reasons are numerous (forced vaccinations, baby swaps, baby being taken away, just to list some of the less prevalent). But with that aside there has been a concerted effort by the medical community to shut down home-birthing and midwifery in America:

Midwife faces jail in Georgia.
Ohio Homebirth Family Being Criminally Prosecuted

And to make matters worse, some states are even denying the right of a mother to home births and to have the assistance of a midwife present. Just to name a few Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Virginia and Wisconsin, and DC:

Midwifery still illegal in some states

Why is there a concerted effort to outlaw home-birthing and midwifery? Because they want to force you to see an OB/GYN (Obstetrician / Gynecologist). They want to force you to use their medical facilities, and to force you to take their vaccines. Why would they do that, because pregnancies are EXPENSIVE! That's right, they want to charge you to high heaven to have that baby.

Physicians Take Anti-Midwife Smear Campaign to the Airwaves

Now, not every doctor, health care facility, or practitioner holds these views obviously. But the topic of this post, is that there is a concerted and well thought out conspiracy to drive midwifery and home birthing out of America.

You will probably say, well, why should I care. Wait until you're expecting a baby, and you want the freedom to do as you want and someone tells you that you can't.

What can you do? Stay informed:

Certified Professional Midwives Deliver Safer, Less-Costly Care
Home-Birth Advocates Press Pro-Midwife Campaign

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that for tens of 1000's of years women had home births with the assistance of a midwife. But in today's world women are not given the choice, the choice is already made for them that they must have their baby in a hospital or it is considered cruel and inhumane?

Some people would argue that it is safer to have a hospital birth, or women die more frequently from births outside the hospital, but this isn't true:

Home Birth With Midwife As Safe As Hospital Birth: Study
New study finds home birth safe
Midwives, home birth proven safe - contrary to ACOG's false assertion

People this is important, don't let the medical community tread on you!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Bingo..for thousands of years!!!

We are harder to count if born at home.
Medical and taxation propaganda at its finest.

S & F

Namaste

ZM

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Janssen, a registered nurse who has midwife training though not certification, said: "People who function as independent midwives are not necessarily tightly regulated [in the U.S.] depending on which state you're in, so there may not be a guarantee that they have had an adequate level of training or a certified diploma or anything like that. And they may not be monitored and regulated by a particular professional college."
reply to post by Choronzon

That is why. YOu want someone who is trained. And also trained enough to tell you that you can't safely have a child at home. You can have a perfect pregnancy and still face major complications.

I did.

No way should untrained people be delivering babies.

Yes it has been done for a long time. There was also high infant and maternal mortality rates.

Women are only going to have tough pregnancies in a hospital. So naturally, they are going to be lower for midwives. YOu don't send a high risk to a midwife.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
No way should untrained people be delivering babies.

This is also a myth perpetrated by the medical community. States that allow midwifery typically require certification:

What is a Certified Professional Midwife?

Originally posted by nixie_nox
...There was also high infant and maternal mortality rates...

And I already debunked the stated comment that home-births are less safe, or more women die. Read my post above yours, I also posted articles by respected scientific sources.

Also, most Midwifes hold certification in multiple states and are willing and voluntary participants in the CPM program.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If you are born at home they can not foot/finger print and DNA sample the baby. The DNA is the real biggy Monsanto and the rest are setting up seed banks in third world countries so they can steal and patent the genetics. The USDA demands DNA samples from livestock shown at state fairs. The UN and WTO have already set up International Seed and Livestock patent Agencies. One state already tried to make DNA sampling and banking of kids mandatory.

I would not be surprised if RFID tagging of the child is also planned.

After four years fighting livestock RFID tagging and tracking I have gotten very paranoid where the Government is concerned. Unfortunately my worst fears have been far exceeded.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
All states are different, but home births happen in every state, filing for citizenship of a home birth is fairly common:

How to register a baby born at home
How to register an out of hospital birth
NC Birth Worksheet (Registration)

It's essentially the same forms that they fill out at the hospital when a baby is born on their premises.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Of course there's a conspiracy against midwives - I would have thought by now that this was common knowledge.
OB/GYN is a male-controlled medical practice which aims to oust women from the child-birthing business and indeed from medical practice.
Women have been giving birth as nature intended for thousands-upon-thousands of years, long before men came along and declared themelves 'experts'
However some years ago, doctors, men, (there were no women doctors at this time) decided to take over the natural process of childbirth, oust midwives from the child-birthing business and prevent women from entering the medical profession.
Childbirth was once a natural, intimate process of every woman's life. Sadly nowadays it has become a clinical, medical process controlled predominately by male doctors and it is men who are responsible for the 'management' of pregnant women.
The irony.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
PS. Check out the Boston Women's Health Collective, or the Lamaze Centre, who aim to give women back control of their natural processes, and keep childbirth natural.
They have respect for women's natural God-given ability to have babies as nature intended, without unecessary medical violation.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is a GREAT thread. Very good. My mom is a midwife and taught midwifery as well as ran a birthing center, and it is also something that I am studying, not sure where I'll end up after undergrad.

I was going to make a similar thread, searched, and found this one. Very, very nice.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by ravenshadow13]

new topics

top topics

join