It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Deaths on USS Ship after Vaccines two weeks ago.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

I did not mean to imply that I thought the vaccines were intended to harm our students; I honestly believe that the local government is trying to look out for our students. From the questions I've asked, it seems this is a joint initiative with the Health Department and the Board of Education to make the vaccine available to our students.

What is really interesting, in my opinion, is that the vaccine won't take place for another week, and we've already had a HUGE number of students out with the flu (both regular and H1N1). In fact, I had 1/3 of my class out sick just last Friday with the flu. But this flu actually seems to be a lot MILDER than we were led to expect. Many of our parents and teachers who've recovered from the flu are making comments about this contrast from the news sources. From what we are seeing in my area, this flu just isn't that debilitating. Yet.

It almost makes me think the "scare" is pushing some hidden agenda....perhaps making money for the drug companies?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Although cases of H1N1 influenza have occurred on U.S. Navy vessels in the past, the inherent flexibility of our forces allows us to continue all assigned missions without compromise. Some missions, such as engagement with partner countries and humanitarian assistance, require close contact between our crews and the people of other nations. For this reason, earlier this Spring and Summer, the Navy adjusted some mission assignments and cancelled or modified some port visits for ships with reported influenza cases. This was done out of an abundance of caution to avoid the risk of spreading the virus to others. While we are taking all pre-emptive measures during this flu season and monitoring our force closely, the H1N1 influenza virus currently poses no impact to operational readiness and we continue our missions with 170 ships and submarines and more than 44,900 people currently underway or deployed.

Lt Myers Vasquez
U.S. Navy Spokesperson

<< 1   >>

join