It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're here! We're queer! We're 13!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
But really, Modern, let me ask you, seeing that I'm thinking you're a parent.

Are you one of those people that doesn't care for homosexuals? Sure, yes, you don't make a big deal about it. You don't talk about it, you don't discuss it; you just remain quiet about it, but deep down, you despise it, secretly.

So, what if your son or you're daughter came home and told you they were homosexual?

Would you tell them that if they feel this way, their life will be tougher? That they'll not receive the same things as you did?

And in that moment of desperation of trying to make them heterosexual again, would you stop at nothing to break what is the impossible?

There is nothing wrong with homosexuality, Modern. They're not perverted people. They're not lepers.

They're attracted to someone of their own sex.

Plain and simple. Just like you are attracted to someone of the opposite sex.

Though, they do the same things as you do.

They shop, they watch TV, they go out on vacations, they have jobs, they have emotions.

All it is in the end is that they are attracted to someone else.

Something that couldn't affect you.

But, the real question is, why does it bother you if someone that young believes their homosexual?

It can't be because of "If everyone on the Earth was homosexual, the population would die out."

So, is because you're religious and you believe anyone who is homosexual will go to Hell?

Is it that you see their life as sinful?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You know, I don't even get why someone who thinks it is sinful would try to make them stop.
Why do they care if people they don't know will "go to hell"?

Just something I never understood. I mean, everyone sins.
And besides, if they think what the person does is bad or icky why would they want to end up in the same place for eternity?

Silly people.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
after reading some of the responses it seems that the majority of people did NOT understand this thread or my statements whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I do, and I read your opening paragraph about you telling your child that being homosexual would make it harder for them to live a life that you have.

And you said how children that young aren't attracted at that age.

Though, let me ask you:

Why is it cute if a little boy and a little girl are dating?

A good friend of mine, her daughter is seven, and she's beginning cheerleading. Well, she cheerleads for a football team, and so, one of the football players, also seven, and her are "boyfriend and girlfriend."

They hang out with each other, play with each other, but they call each other boyfriend and girlfriend.

Well, when everyone see's them together, you get the usual moms going "Aw!"

Why is different then when a kid around ten or eleven says that they're homosexual?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

With full realization that I am admitting to being bigotted by today's standards, yes, I would tell them they were wrong and I would seek help for them. I'm sorry, but we have centuries of mental health professionals who classified homosexuality as a mental disorder.

And we have centuries of academia claiming the sun revolved around the earth, before that the flat earth theorey.....

Given the research I am confident that it is nature, not nurture when it comes to sexuality. If any of my children told me that they knew at that age I would tell them to take their time, figure it out for sure, but that I would always love and support them the same as I do now.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Very Good points made here.

My parents told me it was wrong to, because they where raised to "believe this" it's stems from Religion and ignorance, because they can not comprehend what there child is feeling they feel maybe somehow I been misguided.

I was told through both Church and home that it was wrong and God doesn't like gays by my own parents as a teen, cause i had all the signs of a gay person, they where scared to be shun by others, it was always about what others would think of "our Family" as imperfect as it turned out to be, I have opened there eyes and hearts and they now accept me as equal.

It's so said to here some of the comments here on ATS, but also believe everyone has a right to speak there mind, regardless if it true to others or not.

It will never end as long as religion promote such judgments. That is why I've spent the last 10 years deprogramming myself from the BS Christianity had feed me and my ancestors to make the evil some of you speak.

Separate and divide, thats what TPTB want to keep us in turmoil.

Some of you are so ignorant i'm surprised you even knew how to find this website.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if you are for or against homosexuality, It's a genetic dead end. Let homosexuals live out their lives however they want, they can't even reproduce!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join