It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're here! We're queer! We're 13!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

You should read my ohter posts about how homosexualiy is caused by a chemical/hormonal imbalance and how scientists have suceeded in finding a cure for sheep. If homosexuality was natural then you would be able to reproduce from the primary homosexual sex act.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
From an early age i was interested in girls maybe 5 or 6,not until i was about 11 did i become sexually aware of them.then nothing stopped me ,and nothing stopped them might i add, it was the best time of my life.Now i am married and have 3 kids ,not once have i told my kids what they should do,my 2 daughters are with partners,hell i am even a grandad now.but my youngest is a boy now 16 yrs,if he came to me and said he was a homo,i would not hold it against him as that is his choice ,its not a illness it is a choice.
alot of people have become homophobic because thats what people used to think ,this is now 2009 please start to act like it.
1 fact to bare in mind is at least homs dont strap bombs to themselves and kill people in public places.just to say .THEY ARE NOT HARMING YOU OR ME GET IT

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I believe in the hormonal imbalance theory, I also believe sometimes it is nurture.
i have a friend that I have known since we were in diapers. He is a very tiny and petite man. 5'1" and I'm guessing about 120 LBS. All through school he got teased mercilessly by the other boys in school being called gay because of his size. He was always very athletic and all boy, we would spend all summer together building forts and catching tadpoles. By 4-5 grade the teasing got worse, and by jr. high he decided they were right and he was gay. all of the sudden he started saying he had always know he was gay. I don't believe for a minute ever felt gay, as a kid, he was just going on what every one always said about him because of his small build. Had he been taller and never constantly tormented by the other boys in school I truly do not believe he would have ever been homosexual. He is a dear friend But I don't agree with the path he has chosen. I love him to death despite it but I will never believe he was born gay. In his case i believe he is denying his rue self to live up to society's expectations of him. Can someone please explain to me how a man can say "Ewe sports are just nasty and make you all sweaty." when at one time he loved track and excelled at soccer, and was the champion of the swim team. Deep down I know he misses all that, he is just conforming to peoples expectations.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

No. America IS about the rights of the individual.

Why did they ban smoking in public? Because their a bunch of power hungry morons and whiney liberals will yell until they get their progressive way. THATS WHY.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

You should read my ohter posts about how homosexualiy is caused by a chemical/hormonal imbalance and how scientists have suceeded in finding a cure for sheep. If homosexuality was natural then you would be able to reproduce from the primary homosexual sex act.

Ugh no...reading one post was more than enough. It is purely your ignorant opinion that homosexuality is caused by some chemical imbalance. Homosexuals are not sheep. Homosexuals are entirely able to reproduce. Why would it be necessary for it to have to be from the 'primary sex act', except just from your biased and seemingly brainwashed worldview? What is so wondrous about reproduction anyway, why is that the sole aim of anyone's life or purpose? 'Ooh, our species would die out...we would all die.' Hardly. Loads of people on this forum are calling or agreeing with depopulation....others are deriding and condemning homosexuals using the reasoning that 'they can't reproduce.' I despair.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Wow just reading your post I really feel for your friend. I agree that it could have been caused by pressure from society. But your friend, being good at sports, even though he was small, could be an indication that his homosexualiity was due to too much testosterone, which is in line with some of the theories. Just a guess though and no offense to your friend. I hope he is doing good.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun

You should read my other posts about how homosexuality is caused by a chemical/hormonal imbalance and how scientists have suceeded in finding a cure for sheep.

Have they succeeded or are they close ?

Your link titled Scientists close to curing homosexuality

Date of article ... December 31, 2006

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It would appear to me that this conversation has swapped tracks somewhere along the rail...

As I personally read the OP, it seemed that the issue at hand was why gay 13-y/o children should be encouraged to be sexually aware, while straight 13-y/o children were still advised to not become sexually active. It did seem like a double standard to me.

I didn't reply until now because I knew what this thread was going to deteriorate into... exactly what it did deteriorate into: another tired old discussion of why being gay is 'normal'. Sheesh, you'd think someone would get the idea their tactics aren't working on that front maybe by the 4000th time they failed to change any minds?

As most everyone who knows me should realize, I have no dog in the gay vs. straight issue. I simply don't care if someone is gay. I mean, really, truly, absolutely, unconditionally I DO NOT CARE what happens in anyone's bedroom except mine. And I worry about anyone who would care about that.

I will, since I am now posting in this thread, state for the record that any child of such a young age should be discouraged at every possible turn from any sexual thoughts. They have enough hormones; they do not need any help.

But that's not the reason I am posting this. The reason I am posting this is to ask a simple question. I admit freely my ignorance about any aspect of being gay, something I also admit I am mighty proud of. So I ask the following question, in the spirit of perhaps combating my admitted ignorance:

Are the following attitudes a necessary aspect to being gay, or is it just that most gay people have them?
  • Belief that being gay is somehow superior to being straight?
  • Belief that everyone wants sordid details of their sexual urges?
  • Belief that those who may be gay should be openly encouraged to be somehow 'more gay'?
  • Belief that anyone who disagrees with any agenda proposed by anyone who is openly gay constitutes homophobia?
  • Extreme pride in their sexuality?
  • Adamant refusal to calmly and intelligently discuss aspects of their sexuality, regardless of that extreme pride?
  • Inability to identify themselves by any characteristic other than their sexuality?
  • Inability to understand that others might feel differently than they do?
  • Belief that someone who is gay should be endowed with whatever they ask for, because they are gay?
  • Inability to stick to any topic other than general bashing of straight people (especially those darned Christians)?

Oh, sure, now I'm gonna get flamed. Go ahead. It won't change my attitude of the way I see so many people behaving in these threads if you prove me right by your actions. It will not help 'your cause' (whatever that is today), nor will it foster compassion, acceptance, or equality for you. It will actually just make it that much harder for others to take you seriously.

But, since no one is able to resist the urge, flame away!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Are the following attitudes a necessary aspect to being straight, or is it just that most straight people have them?

* Belief that being straight is somehow superior to being gay?
* Belief that everyone wants sordid details of their heterosexual urges?
* Belief that those who may be straight should be openly encouraged to be somehow 'more straight'?
* Belief that anyone who disagrees with any agenda proposed by anyone who is openly straight constitutes heterophobia?
* Extreme pride in their sexuality?
* Adamant refusal to calmly and intelligently discuss aspects of their sexuality, regardless of that extreme pride?
* Inability to identify themselves by any characteristic other than their sexuality?
* Inability to understand that others might feel differently than they do?
* Belief that someone who is straight should be endowed with whatever they ask for, because they are straight?
* Inability to stick to any topic other than general bashing of gay people (especially those darned Christians)?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Well I guess if one wanted to be anally retentive they would say they are close.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I saw some show I think it was mtv, what happened to "music television" anyway? Some show with four homosexual men around the age 20. They could have passed for high schoolers. It shows them being friendly and having a four way kiss at a club.

I was eating lunch so I quickly changed the channel. I just felt sorry for them really. They didnt become gay to find love or companionship, it was caused from lust. imo.

Now reading this I can only imagine younger kids seeing this show, or others and looking up to these kids. Even if its just because they are older, more fashionable.

I'll admit seeing women kiss doesnt bother me nearly as much, and it seems to have been in the mainstream and accepted for much longer wich isnt right. But I still condemn having both flaunted on young adult television. As this thread is titled, if they feel a certain way...they will know it. It shouldnt be shoved down everyones throat. (no pun intended)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've got to go with Modern on this one. Encouraging children at such a young age to think about sex is irresponsible. My sole purpose in discouraging my children from having a carefree attitude about sex (gay or straight), is the fear of STD's, unwanted pregnancies and the trauma of making the decision to have sex before they're ready. It's my belief that children aren't emotionally mature enough to have sex before they get out of high school. Maybe not even then. Depends on the child.

So much drama went on when I was in high school with girls who'd lost their virginity to someone they thought cared about them, when in fact, the guy just wanted one thing. Well...two if you count the fact that they wanted to brag about it to their buddies the next day.

Young teens are not able to distinguish between love and lust in my opinion. They get caught up in the moment, and when it's all said and done, they're left distraught, wondering if they've done the right thing.
Most of the time, wishing they could go back and undo it. Too much emotional distress for a teenager I think.

Kids should be allowed to be kids and think about school work, sports, band...just being kids. Encouraging a child of any age to think about sex any more than they already do, in my humble opinion, is asking for trouble.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I am left handed as well and I could see some value in being made right handed, since we live in a world designed to suit the needs of a right handed majority. I would at least consider it.

Look I am not saying that homosexuals, or left handed people for that matter, as evil or sinister. I am just saying it would be more loving to be truthful and state the fact that it is a physical or mental abnormality and that if we work together we can find a cure.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

A cure for what? You make it sound like they have cancer or a heart condition or something. How about we find a cure for intolerance instead.

My dad was also left handed and was forced to become right handed when he was in second grade. It messed up his ability to write legibly for the rest of this life.

So that is what you want? If you really want to be right handed try it, see how well it works for you.

A person is what they are, and sometimes forcing them to be something they are not, only causes them and those around them harm.

Very young children, naturally, know who they are attracted to. Like it or not that is true. And nooooo it is not a choice for these children OR adults, did YOU choose who you were attracted to or did you just realize one day you were attracted to the opposite sex?

What is needed is love and support from those around them for whatever path they end up following in life, gentle guidance, and instilling in them love, compassion and tolerance of everyone. And good god even tolerance for those who believe like you do.

burdman30ott6, I have experience in the school system, teachers no longer push students to be right handed, they realized they were harming children for life by doing so. That's why they started making scissors for children in school for left handed children, and desks for children who are left handed.

HotDogNoBun, equating homosexuality with, bi-polar or the other things you equated it with is just sick. You need hormones. Oh, and don't you dare ever masturbate, you are only allowed sex for making babies, oh and don't ever have sex unless you are trying to make a baby, otherwise your deviant and need a cure.

And.... I don't think any of us are "encouraging" children to engage in the sexual act. What is being "encouraged" is the understanding that children are curious, and do know who they are "interested" in. If you sweep it under the rug and not discuss "it", "it" becomes even more a curiosity.

Seriously, I think we need a cure for intolerance.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

No it is not like cancer or a heart condition. It is more like depression, being bi-polar, or any other chemical imbalance in the brain. Due to too much or too little of certain chemicals or hormones the brain does not function correctly and the consequence can be unhealthy lifestyle choices or not living your best life possible.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I say more power to the kids. They are the brave ones for admitting who they are, and have my utmost respect.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I started thinking about sex at 14.... and I'm pretty sure most people do. Hormones burst right about then and your body gives you urges to reproduce.

If you didn't then you must have low hormone levels

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I told my parents at 13. It's not that unusual really. That's the age when kids start to get sexual feelings, so it would make sense that that is when they would realize who they are attracted to. My parents where ok with it, although they insisted that it was just a phase, and that i was far too young to really know. However, here I am 6 years later, and I still haven't "grown out of it" like they said I would.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This story should be broadcasted everywhere all at the same time.

The title should be this : "Humanity, you've just won the Darwin award."

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is absurd.

Gay people don't suddenly turn that way at 18

Years ago these kids just kept thier mouths shut and became alcoholics at 15.

I'd rather they just lived normal lives, including dating, like every other teenager.

(Except those of us like yours truly who were hopeless nerds as teens.)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Wow, a lot of anger there by some people. And some who simply did not understand the Op's post to begin with. This reminds me of how we see what we want to see and not what is really there.

Anyway............

What has been happening since adults began the sexualization of pre-teens? We've provided all the mechanical info on having sex, how it all works, and covered little ground on the emotional components of sex, which by the way are the more important aspects we all concern ourselves with.

Well, what has happened is this:- Younger girls getting pregnant from younger boys, because of the sexual focus of our society in the media and at home.

Give a child information they are not mature enough to handle effectively and a percentage will go out and experiment with this new knowledge.

Therefore, shouldn't we focus more on allowing our kids to have a childhood, first?

It doesn't matter what their preference is, it matters that they are not pushed into sexual activity before they are ready for it's responsibility

They have the rest of their lives to learn about sex when they become old enough to handle the information in a mature and sensible way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join