It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're here! We're queer! We're 13!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

Nonono, I was countering the people here who seem to think that becoming sexually aware at any age is a disturbing perversion of Nature. I have no comment on Homosexuality, not my problem so it isn't my business.

Ignorance however, is.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

My apologies for misunderstanding your point. However, my point about homosexuality not being natural still stands, jut not directed to you.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Wow. This Hotdognobun dude is for real. I may not agree with him but you have to admire his conviction. Ignorance and intolerance will always have a voice.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

It isnt ignorant. It would be ignorant to overlook the fact that less than 10% of the world claims to be homosexual, so therefore it is either an a physical or mental abnormality, which could probably be treated with drug or hormone therapy if people could just accept it as an illness.

It would be like saying a certain percent of humans are born with muscular dystrophy and since they were born that way lets not help them, lets just accept and encourage them. That would be ignorant.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
reply to post by concernedcitizan

It isnt ignorant. It would be ignorant to overlook the fact that less than 10% of the world claims to be homosexual, so therefore it is either an a physical or mental abnormality, which could probably be treated with drug or hormone therapy if people could just accept it as an illness.

I`m left handed and as such represent approx 10% of the population also .
We were once regarded as deviants .....

Latin : Sinistra -ae. Left .

The word sinister is derived from it .

An abnormality ?

[edit on 24-9-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It's long time since I've heard such bigotted rubbish, and it doesn't get any better with age really. I can't believe people are still churning out this crap and thinking it's acceptable. It's risking ruining what was hopefully going to be a productive discussion on a much broader subject.

I so gone from this!

Curing homosexuality with hormones.......

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Well scientists are already working on it .

Scientists working to cure gay sheep.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I am left handed as well and I could see some value in being made right handed, since we live in a world designed to suit the needs of a right handed majority. I would at least consider it.

Look I am not saying that homosexuals, or left handed people for that matter, as evil or sinister. I am just saying it would be more loving to be truthful and state the fact that it is a physical or mental abnormality and that if we work together we can find a cure.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Kind of an apples and oranges comparison, really. Most studies have shown that lefty/righty has more to do with nurture than with nature, with the fetus generally favoring whichever hand ended up closest to the mouth while in the womb (thumb sucking) and most parents/teachers generally pushing for a kid to develop right handedness as a rule.

Also, being left handed doesn't really affect your life to the same degree as your sexuality does.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun

I am left handed as well and I could see some value in being made right handed, since we live in a world designed to suit the needs of a right handed majority. I would at least consider it.

Look I am not saying that homosexuals, or left handed people for that matter, as evil or sinister. I am just saying it would be more loving to be truthful and state the fact that it is a physical or mental abnormality and that if we work together we can find a cure.

Then being a redhead is a physical abnormality.

Liking beets is a mental abnormality.

Having blue eyes is a physical abnormality.

Enjoying Japanese anime is a mental abnormality.

You're using the definition of abnormality in a painfully simplistic way. Every single human being on this Earth has both mental and physical abnormalities that the "majority" don't have. Of course homosexuality is an abnormality according to your definition because your definition can be used to fit -any- mental or physical quality.

I would argue that saying it's "loving and truthful" to call someone a deviant is evidence of a far more serious mental condition than homosexuality, and insinuating that it needs a cure only supports that belief.

Someone else in history already tried the whole purging of deviant behaviors and people, by the way.

Be careful what you wish for.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I heard if you drink lots of lemon juices you can cure them children of the homasexaul thinking in a week!

What is children thinking of sex anyhow? poor some bleach in the ears and it will cleanse the thinking when it washies the brane!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

You are just manipulating the context of what I am trying to say. Things like being redheaded, liking beets, and having blue eyes are within the range of human design and do not deviate from how a human was designed to reproduce or behave. Also, you cannot choose your hair or eye color unless you choose artificial means. So they are not behavioral choices or caused by chemical/hormonal imbalance.

But I will agree with this "Enjoying Japanese anime is a mental abnormality. "

I am not trying to purge these people, I am trying to support the truth and help to find a medicinal cure. What is wrong with that? Should we not cure/treat people whose brains dont produce enough serotonin?

If I am wrong that it is caused by a chemical/hormonal balance in the brain then why are scientists working to find a cure and succeeding at it?

Your thinking is like that of someone who is enabling an alcoholic or drug addict and aiding their behavior instead of helping them find a way to overcome their disease.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Nonono, I was countering the people here who seem to think that becoming sexually aware at any age is a disturbing perversion of Nature.

Dude, I understand your point
but I think you took my argument and enlarged it 100x

Of course they will think about it, there's no doubt about that and no stopping it.

All i'm saying is you don't cross your arms and just let them out in the wild thinking it's natural LIKE the parents in the article.

See what i'm saying now?

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
double post
need help mods

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

All i'm saying is you don't cross your arms and just let them out in the wild thinking it's natural LIKE the parents in the article.

See what i'm saying now?

But it is natural.

I guess there are still quite a few homophobic individuals out there who don't understand it, but sexual preference is sexual preference.

I didn't choose to start liking girls. You didn't choose to start liking girls. Homosexuals don't choose to start liking members of the same sex. It really is that simple. The fact that children are coming to grips with it at an age where they would normally first begin having sexual feelings is potently strong evidence to that point.

If a 13 year old boy can honestly say that he is attracted to other boys, and can express that to his parents, and they can accept that, then good for that boy! Maybe he will actually have a shot at living a happy, well-rounded life. Some of the posters on this site, were they his parents, would apparently rather have their child live in shame: repressed of what he feels is right and constantly second-guessing himself. I guess that's good parenting to some of you... As long as they believe exactly what you believe everything is gravy, right?

Absolutely sickening.

To address your other point:

When I was 13 years old I was very much into girls. I was very much thinking about sex. So were all of my friends in school. So were you at that age, unless you were developmentally challenged. If we are going to be completely honest with ourselves, instead of falling prey to social taboos, we all start thinking about sex much earlier than we like to discuss. As soon as children realize that girls are different than boys, they start to become curious.

We live and die to have sex. It is in our genes. Helping your children to understand that it is natural, rather than trying to repress it, is the best thing you can do for your children. If you don't understand that, you are probably best off not reproducing.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by drwizardphd]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
At some time in most every person's life, they develop natural sexual urges and curiosities. Many kids become curious and act on it, while others do not. The problem I see is we have become a society which feels the need to place labels on everyone. It's no wonder kids fall into the trap of 'you have to be this or that'. If they have a single thought of a homosexual nature (even though it is more about the sexual urge than the choice of partner), they must be "gay".

Labeling is dangerous and ignorant. By today's standards, the five year old boy that doesn't want to catch "girl cooties", must be gay. (OK, some here will be too young to understand this next reference, but here goes) I guess that the boys in "The Little Rascals" were all "gay", because they were all members of the 'He-Man Woman Haters Club".

Come on people. Stop painting our kids into corners.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I am just saying it would be more loving to be truthful and state the fact that it is a physical or mental abnormality and that if we work together we can find a cure.

I wonder if they will ever find a cure for utter foolishness and disgraceful bigotry. That is the only mental abnormality I see, the fear of difference, the acceptance only of what you can see and are told to accept as the norm. Maybe if we all work together and give you hormones your psychological outlook might expand and improve.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Well then I guess according to your view of the world, we should let/encourage people to be alcoholics and drug addicts because there is scientific proof that most of these people were born with a brain disease that gives them a tendency to be an alchoholic or drug addict. Lets quit putitng them in jail and let them live according to the way their brains were formed. Alsoo, lets quit helping people who suffer from chemical imbalances of the brain, like people with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or depression. Lets just learn to accept and embrance their life choices and encourage them to be who they were born to be. Those would be the trully loving choices. NOT!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
So if it was your kid, you'd tell him/her that they were wrong for feeling that way?

Well you misunderstood what I meant by wrong in my opening post.
I meant these horrible parents are okay with their kids thinking of hetero/homo sexual relationships in a way too young age.

But if you really want an answer out of me...If I can rephrase your question

"So if it was your kid you would be honest with him and say tell him that this path is anti-procreation, makes the whole reproductive system useless and wouldn't allow him to have a family as I did"

Ummm.. yes I would be honest with him, of course.

As a parent of teens, I agree that I'd rather not have them think of sex at 13.

But, honestly, they do - whether we like it or not.

Not that they are going to rush out there and 'do it', but they are at the very least curious about it.

So, gay or straight, they are getting hit by those hormones once they hit puberty.

But, yes, parents need to sit down and talk to kids about this stuff. They do need to know your feelings and fears for them. I always tell mine that there is no rush, that they have their whole lives ahead of them. And since I have girls, I tell them that the boys their age only want one thing (sorry, ats guys lol, but its true), and that you don't want to get used and feel regretful and hurt afterwards.

I just want them to have respect for themselves. #1

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well then I guess according to your view of the world, we should let/encourage people to be alcoholics and drug addicts because there is scientific proof that most of these people were born with a brain disease that gives them a tendency to be an alchoholic or drug addict. Lets quit putitng them in jail and let them live according to the way their brains were formed. Alsoo, lets quit helping people who suffer from chemical imbalances of the brain, like people with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or depression. Lets just learn to accept and embrance their life choices and encourage them to be who they were born to be.

What the hell has mental illness or chemical imbalance or addiction to do with natural sexuality? Just because your worldview is so limited that you cannot accept that it is natural and naturally occurring does not make it unnatural. What is unnatural and to be deplored is your disgraceful bigotry...which may well be to do with nurture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join