learn more

We're here! We're queer! We're 13!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

Yeah. Let's also ban jewish couples having children due to some the genetic disease too! Can I hear hurrah for the government dictating how we should live?!

Seriously. I don't know where you live, but I live in America where people should always allowed choose how they live as long as they dont directly harm others.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
I think we shoud ban homosexuality, just like we ban other unhealthy lifestyle choices like smoking or drug use. It would be good for society and lower the healthcare burden on society.

I'm half convinced you're just trying for an argument. no one can seriously be so ignorant can they?

Some of you are like parodies.

I think they (whoever they are) should ban homophobia and stupidity, these things cause society numerous problems. Therefore, I don't think you should have a right to an opinion.

You need to get out more, get some fresh air, grow a brain and sense of morality. Then come back and have a decent conversation when you know a little more about the subject.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Honestly, when I was 12-14 all I thought of were books
I was always at the library reading biochemistry, anatomy, religion, history, physics, aviation, even issues of psychology today.

I'd love for my kids to have the same experience as I did and love reading and knowledge as much as I did and still do.

Even a flower needs to blossom first before a bee comes for nectar.

I don't believe you, honestly. Perhaps that's how you like to remember it.
There's no reason why you can't think of sex and go to the library.

Humans are meant to procreate from the time they hit puberty. If you're saying that you never did then you're essentially throwing stones in a glass house in stating gays are sexual deviants.

There's examples of homosexual relationships between creatures all over this planet, you're opposition to them is an artificial social construct.

Your psychology, biology and history need refreshers before you go around trying to teach.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
And, BTW, I really feel sorry for your kids if you have such a limited understanding of them.

If my kids grow up in an environment like I did and love reading and learning then that's wrong??????

This IS the age where they have to start loving that kind of stuff.

They should be studying and learning, not being confused on what their sexual orientation is.

If anything, them thinking about it when they are older and wiser is even better as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

It's not politics that has changed our opinion of this issue, it's understanding and deeper knowledge. As for centuries of mental health professionals....would you trust an 18thC doctor to treat your child? Would you consider their knowledge and expertise sufficient by today's standards? I doubt you would. Why then refer to centuries of "mental health professionals", who probably would have put your lesbian daughter or gay teenage son in an asylum, as if their opinion is proof of the "wrongness" of homosexuality?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I don't believe you, honestly. Perhaps that's how you like to remember it.
There's no reason why you can't think of sex and go to the library.

high school friends of mine that I still stay in touch with remind me all the time of my old behavior.

I was always at the library, even after school I would go to the library and have my VCR set to record darkwing duck for me to watch later.

You can think of sex and go to the library, but what a small scope of a mind you have. That's it? Sex and library, or is thinking of sex all the time will just mean more socializing, trying to be popular etc... etc..

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
Humans are meant to procreate from the time they hit puberty.

Humans are meant to pro-create. I COMPLETELY AGREE!
So you are saying you disagree with homosexuality?
As these couples cannot procreate.

haha.. see what I did?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

We do live in a free society, but one where sometimes the interests of the nation rise above the interests of an individual.

Why did they ban smoking in public and start taxing the daylights out of it? Because it was costing society too much money to help people survive lung cancer caused by smoking. It is the same way with homosexuality. How much must it cost society to keep someone alive for 50 years who has to take a huge cocktail of drugs just to make it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
It's not politics that has changed our opinion of this issue, it's understanding and deeper knowledge.

I was watching an episode of gossip girl a few months ago
(my wife enjoys it)
And a 15yr old girl was there ashamed that she was still a virgin.

I've seen movies where 15-16yr old girls mock other girls because they are virgins.

What do you think hollywood is trying to do to your kids?

Deeper understanding and knowledge or just plain corruption?

The TV is teaching kids that being a virgin is not only uncool but makes you an outcast.

Deeper understanding and knowledge... really?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

you said it brother, this is America where people SHOULD be able to do whatever they want, as long as it hurts no one else directly, but since that isn't the way America really is, then I feel that allowing homosexuality to be readily acceptable as status quo just to be P.C is a great injustice to everyone. some things should be left in the the closet, such as homosexuality, next to that suit/dress u can't wear anymore cuz u now have KIDS

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

hence the my reference to the media tainting the youth from an early age, which is completely acceptable because its done for profit and you know the almighty dollar that has devalued like 96% since April or something lol

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You didn't read the rest of my post...

I totally agree that childhood and early teen years have become far too sexualised. I find it disturbing. But we cannot ignore the fact that young teenagers are aware of how they feel and who they are attracted to at a very young age, and should not be made to feel that their choice is wrong because they are gay. The early awareness and how it's handled has a massive impact on how they develop as adults, and I don't mean that homosexuality should be "corrected" ...of course it shouldn't. They should be made to feel that whatever feelings they have are ok, and they will develop at the right time. It's all "normal".

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Alright, so your parents were extremely conservative and forced you to be ashamed and hide your sexuality, we get it. However, stop expecting everyone else to put on the rose tinted glasses and pretend that we don't think about sex until some magic lightbulb turns on at 16. I'll raise my children with the open realization that bodily functions and procreation are a normal part of life, and if you have a problem with that you can go mentally handicap your own children, that's your right as a parent.

As for hollywood, don't have a TV in the house, problem solved. I didn't have cable growing up and turned out the better for it. Obviously there will be leak-through, but what can you do? Nothing, so stop promoting Neo-Victorian moral ideals and let people live their lives however they want.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Furthermore, I just wanted to point out to all you people here that act like Children are some sort of caterpillar stage of life that has limited awareness, that they are in fact just as aware as most adults.

I know that all through my childhood and adolescence I was constantly enraged by the factious and condescending pricks that looked down on me just because they were 30 and I was 11 and they though this made them somehow better or more "aware" than I was.

Your children are tiny adults, treat them that way and they will grow into wonderful human beings. Treat them with ignorance, like things should be hidden from them because they "Just don't need to know", like they are somehow lesser because they are younger, and you will end up with severely crippled and malfunctioning adults who are a detriment to society.

And people wonder why society is going downhill, when they talk about children like they are some sort of less creature. How old do you think the people that settled the GD western US were, hmm?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

If my kids grow up in an environment like I did and love reading and learning then that's wrong??????

This IS the age where they have to start loving that kind of stuff.

They should be studying and learning, not being confused on what their sexual orientation is.

If anything, them thinking about it when they are older and wiser is even better as well.

It was in a library that i first stumbled across the work of Helmutt Newton ......as a 13 year old .

Helmut Newton was a German-Australian fashion photographer noted for his nude studies of women.
I had never seen such powerfully imposing, confident naked women before.... made quite an impression on me i can tell you

And the library in which i made my titillating discovery ,it use to be a church no less ..... Oh the catholic guilt !

Inquiring minds can not be cloistered for long . It was the case for me some decades ago , it is certainly the case now in the information age.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

It's not politics that has changed our opinion of this issue, it's understanding and deeper knowledge.

I wholeheartedly disagree. The fact of the matter is, since the APA removed the classification as a disorder in 1974 (following 15 years of pressure from the "gay pride" movement in the free love 60s decade) they have gone out of their way to silence any of their members from even attempting to discuss that the decision may have been erroneous. They completely smeared Robert Spitzer PhD, who chaired the comittee in 1980, for questioning whether it was, in fact, a mental disorder which could be cured, even though he presented much research and evidence that showed people had been cured. In the search for "understanding and deeper knowledge" has no tollerance for alternative theories to even be discussed and tested, then can it truly be considered "deeper knowledge?"

I'm not trying to open a huge battle here, but even the LGBT communities own attitudes don't match up. The claim is that it is a natural hardwiring of sexual identity and attraction which someone is born with. OK, so based on that you're either driving North or you're driving south, depending on what way your brain was wired when you were born. I could accept this... BUT how can bisexuality be anything other than a choice, then? You cannot drive both ways at the same time, yet the APA's current attitude is that this, too, is not a disorder or a choice. There are simply too many deflections of disagreements, suppression of data and evidence, and flat out ad-hominem attacks agaisnt anyone who dares try to open the debate over whether it, in fact, may have been correctly classified as a mental disorder for me to blindly change my thoughts on the topic. I mean, yeah, for centuries man thought the Earth was flat... but after the Earth was discovered to be round, the Round Earth Society didn't take strides to prevent people from proving their find... instead they welcomed the tests because they knew their discovery was unfailable and correct. If the APA and opthers who support the idea that it isn't a disorder are so convicted in that belief, then why wouldn't they also welcome the challenge of those who believe differently?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Bisexuality is the same as being ambidextrous you can use both if you like but usually there is one you prefer. Usually someone is Bi-Gay or Bi-Straight. There are shades of gray in everything, nothing is black and white.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Most kids have a pretty good idea of sexuality for very young. Understanding sexuality and actually becoming sexually active are two different things. And urges can start stirring in kids as young as 10,11, as scarey as that as.

You may want to deny early onset sexuality, but it is there. And people can figure out for themselves which way they swing.

heck, my three year old smoozes every young pretty teen he sees. I can already guess which way he will go.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Why the hell should it be scary? Its perfectly natural, in fact its only in the past 150 years that the whole culture of repression and denial came about, a side effect of the Victorian culture in England and the rise of the USA (A country founded on the Puritan ideals, deny it or not). It's no more scary than apples growing on tree's, unless you are entirely steeped in conservative ignorance.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Alright, so your parents were extremely conservative and forced you to be ashamed and hide your sexuality, we get it.

they didn't force me to hide anything
They just provided an environment where I grew up loving learning and reading.
that's all.

You, and alot of others in this thread, are really jumping to conclusions with my posts. I tend to be quite precise when I speak or type.
I do mean what I say when I say what I mean.

However, stop expecting everyone else to put on the rose tinted glasses and pretend that we don't think about sex until some magic lightbulb turns on at 16.

I am not suggesting you to be a conservative extremist.
Again you are jumping to conclusions.

As for hollywood, don't have a TV in the house, problem solved. I didn't have cable growing up and turned out the better for it. Obviously there will be leak-through, but what can you do? Nothing, so stop promoting Neo-Victorian moral ideals and let people live their lives however they want.

This is an open debate, who am I forcing to do what?
where is the "Force"?????

Forcing requires agression, now look at my posts and yours and tell me who's being agressive?

And LOL and Neo-victorian...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

It is not natural. Naturally sex was designed to be engaged in between a man and a woman, hence the reproductive parts. Homosexuality is statistically abnormal, and is caused by one of 3 things.
1. Chemical or Hormonal Imbalance
2. An abnormality in brain development
3. The result of sexual or emotional trauma

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join