It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Prescription Drug advertising!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I am in the healthcare field and advertising of drugs makes me sick also, the pharma sales people push these drugs on Doctors who in turn give them to their patients free, interesing to find out what incentive there is for the Doctors...maybe a little payola.

It can also be a case of the drug industry wanting to control the world.
A pharmacist also said that they don't cure anything, otherwise would be out of business.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Aquarius1011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Personally, I think we should either repeal the law against tobacco advertising or address the inconsistency and ban the advertisements for every other substance that can kill you. That includes alcohol and prescription drugs. I would rather the former than the latter.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Something about cigarette commercials: I have never been a smoker. Yet, I liked cigarette commercials on the radio and at movie theaters/cinemas/bioscopes in e.g. the 1970s and 1980s. It was a case of enjoying the advert without the smoke. That is before the great anti-smoking campaigns which began in the mid 1990s. In my mind, with broadmindedness and lateral thinking, I would just separate the product from the advert. So, they'd be commercials for instance for travel adventure, sports action, travelling America, classic America, the great outdoors, etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Medicine should be banned from government owned organizations to private owned 3rd parties, courtesy of the people.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Medicine should be banned from government owned organizations to private owned 3rd parties, courtesy of the people.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Big Pharma is already in the hands of the globalist elite...

Fortunately, over-the-counter drugs are sometimes advertised on TV here in my home country of Australia. Cigarettes are never advertised.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Me being grumpy again.. but:

If someone can buy into or desire a drug advertised that "may cause death, suicidal thoughts, loss of bowel control, an erection lasting more than 4 hours" etc etc etc.. I say let them take all the suicide and penis exploding drugs they want. What kind of nutball wants something like that. I mean I understand if its a necessity, but the ones who want or desire the drugs cause the pretty commercials that lay out all of the nasty side effects appeals to their simple little minds? More power to them. Maybe it will thin the herd out.

grumble grumble grumble...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Because just because a drug might make you suicidal, doesn't mean it will... the drug I take for depression gives me no side effects, except for making me want to turn the AC down more.

Just because drugs can cause side effects doesn't mean they will... I take several drugs. No side effects.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The thing that gets me, the number one drug issue in school is no longer smoking pot or cigarettes, it is prescription drug use. It's rampant in the school systems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join