It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im starting to like obama more every day.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ive just gotta say to all those who are saying im feeding into the fear mongering, it kind of makes me laugh in all honesty.

i dont follow politics normally because i think its a bunch of bull, and i live my life in a very free way.

but in MY opinion, obama is TRYING. and im giving him that much credit.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. The only rhetoric I see opposing Obama is those that want to see American dominance of the world through military might. I in no way want to see American sovereignty given up, but I believe there is a way to maintain sovereignty through peaceful processes. We must have a goal of peace, and act peacefully towards others.

Our system as currently designed tells us to anticipate future outcomes in the present, and plan for the future based on those assumptions. What this type of thinking does in cement false logic into our psyche and allows others observing to do the same off of our own actions. For instance, If we think Russia is a threat we move military around to circumvent that possibility. Meanwhile Russia perceives these moves as a military buildup. They in turn beef up their own military. This is how it's been for years. This logic is applied in every facet of our society and it is false.

Obama logic, and logic that I have stood by for years is envisioning a future, and acting today on how you would behave in that given future. This is new thinking for many, and it can be uncomfortable for many. There are many reasons to fear this approach, when looked at from the old way of envisioning the world. This new way of thinking is what will get us into the next stage of human evolution.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by calihan_12

Raising taxes
Denying free speech
Selling out our allies
Selling out our military
Selling out our nukes
Creating unemployment
Growing the deficit to a number in the trillions
Taking away our rights to choose

What's not to like?

yeahhh... most of that was actually caused by bush, but alright

Obama raised taxes on cigarettes, cap and trade, anyone making over 250K a year, is not renewing Bush's tax cuts, so YOUR taxes will go up about 3800 next year.

Humanna, an insurance company was told by the Obama administration not to criticize his healthcare plan.

Have you even read the news on the snubs of Gordon Brown? Or the Israel deals he's trying to cut?

Yeah!!! Wheeeee!!! Now Obama wants us to lose in Afghanistan!

Wheeee!!! -joy- and he wants to get rid of all our nukes!!!

Unemployment is at 9.7 and climbing. Happy happy times in the lines for food! Meet new and interesting people, and STARVE.

Need more money? Just print some more. Bailouts in the hundreds of billions, and trillions.

Obamacare. Leave the thinking about choice to the government! -wow- and here I was, worrying about the president.

Bush's fault? You can't be serious.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

i'm interested. can you tell me exactly what he has done other than the gift of gab?

i know he seems to be following in junior's footsteps and i know his healthcare should be a non-profit health care system rather than government or big business.

and i know President Barack Obama has quietly decided to bypass Congress and allow the indefinite detention of terrorist suspects without charges. rawstory.com...

i do know he likes to be on television because i see his face every single day and acts like there is no end to the money tree.

but i really would like to know what he has done that has so impressed you.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

WRONG! THE BUCK STOPS AT HIS DESK!! ESPECIALLY THINGS WAR RELATED. If he wanted he could withdraw our troops from every corner of the planet. Why are you making excuses for a grown man? Who ran for and was elected to this position. OMFG

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I agree with the OP. The only rhetoric I see opposing Obama is those that want to see American dominance of the world through military might. I in no way want to see American sovereignty given up, but I believe there is a way to maintain sovereignty through peaceful processes. We must have a goal of peace, and act peacefully towards others.

Our system as currently designed tells us to anticipate future outcomes in the present, and plan for the future based on those assumptions. What this type of thinking does in cement false logic into our psyche and allows others observing to do the same off of our own actions. For instance, If we think Russia is a threat we move military around to circumvent that possibility. Meanwhile Russia perceives these moves as a military buildup. They in turn beef up their own military. This is how it's been for years. This logic is applied in every facet of our society and it is false.

Obama logic, and logic that I have stood by for years is envisioning a future, and acting today on how you would behave in that given future. This is new thinking for many, and it can be uncomfortable for many. There are many reasons to fear this approach, when looked at from the old way of envisioning the world. This new way of thinking is what will get us into the next stage of human evolution.

well said. i fully agree.

no matter what president we have, we will never fully get what were looking for. BUT.. the presidents can influence and shape our futures and it is up to us to really allow those changes, or not to.

i mean look at bush. over half of the country believed the government about 9/11 and actually WANTED to go to war... even though many of us know/assume that 9/11 was an inside job.

at the end of the day... the PEOPLE are the ones who let presidents get away with things.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Raising taxes
Denying free speech
Selling out our allies
Selling out our military
Selling out our nukes
Creating unemployment
Growing the deficit to a number in the trillions
Taking away our rights to choose

What's not to like?

yeahhh... most of that was actually caused by bush, but alright

Obama raised taxes on cigarettes, cap and trade, anyone making over 250K a year, is not renewing Bush's tax cuts, so YOUR taxes will go up about 3800 next year.

Humanna, an insurance company was told by the Obama administration not to criticize his healthcare plan.

Have you even read the news on the snubs of Gordon Brown? Or the Israel deals he's trying to cut?

Yeah!!! Wheeeee!!! Now Obama wants us to lose in Afghanistan!

Wheeee!!! -joy- and he wants to get rid of all our nukes!!!

Unemployment is at 9.7 and climbing. Happy happy times in the lines for food! Meet new and interesting people, and STARVE.

Need more money? Just print some more. Bailouts in the hundreds of billions, and trillions.

Obamacare. Leave the thinking about choice to the government! -wow- and here I was, worrying about the president.

Bush's fault? You can't be serious.

um, i think you cant be serious.

bush is the reason WHY we are in afghanistan.

bush is the reason WHY we have a deficit in the first place

bush is the reason WHY unemployment is so high.

give me a break you are blind if you think this is obamas fault.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
oh, and about the cigarettes... WOW we have a president who wants his people to be HEALTHY so he raises taxes on cigarettes.

since when is that a bad thing exactly? i full agree with him on that. people shouldnt smoke, its just gross and doesnt even make you feel good!

anything to discourage people to smoke is a plus in my book..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

bush never EVER was looking for anything involving any type of peace.
obama is.
as long as they even THINK of making progress towards peace, im in.
but if the president is all for war and destruction, im out.

I'm right there with you.

Any war other than a defensive war only serves to profit those supplying arms at the expense of human lives senselessly lost on all sides. War should always be avoided at all costs, with the sole exception of a defensive war for one's own Freedom and Liberty.

I abhorred Bush's war-mongering more than I detested his erosion of American Civil Rights and Liberties.

I wanted to believe Obama's rhetoric about ending war, ending atrocities and Human Rights Violations such as Torture and Guantanamo, and rekindling diplomatic avenues with other nations rather than relying upon might. I still believe that such things are what Obama would ideally like to do, however since his presidency began, there has been a marked difference between what Obama said he would do (and no doubt would like to do) and what he has done.

We are still at war in both Iraq and Afghanistan with no exit strategy in place. We are already discussing military action against 3 other nations!

Guantanamo Bay is still operating without oversight or change. Obama is pushing for allowing detainees to be detained indefinitely without trial or charge. No public apologies have been made for our nation violating every International Treaty we have signed since Versailles. Even investigations into the authorization of Torture have been snubbed by Obama.

Obama has indeed begun to redeem our Nation on the World Stage as far as diplomacy goes, I'll grant him that. He's pretty much undone the sins of the past to where we have the credibility diplomatically that we once had under Nixon (although he has one heck of a long way to go before he gets us back to the diplomatic credibility we had under Teddy Roosevelt). However, other than making countries reconsider their not liking us anymore, he really hasn't done a lot diplomatically. His verbal disapproval of Israels treatment of Palestinians yesterday was the first he's done towards actually doing anything. He would have gotten a lot more mileage had he offered to broker Peace Talks between Israel and the Palestinians in my book.

However, as much hope as I had in Obama being the harbinger of peace, I fear that his political inexperience left him a little idealistically naive and unprepared for the harsh realities the Office of the President must face. His continuation of Bush's policies on War, Terrorism, and Torture lead me to believe that either he is privy to information no one else but the Office of the President has that changed his mind, or that he discovered that he is powerless to change those things (absolving much of G.W. Bush's guilt in my mind, if such is the case either way). Despite being an idealist myself, I find myself resigned to the reality that America will not see Peace during this Administration.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Bush's fault, bush's fault, bush's fault.

self edit.

good day.

enjoy your time with dear leader.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
yeah, he has said he wants to get the troops out of afghanistan and hasnt. but lets be honest here. we cant just take all our troops out at once and be done with it.

it just doesnt work that way. that was the problem with the gulf war.

as much as he wants to take us out of the war.. its a slow process.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

ya know what? forget it

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Remixtup]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You're kidding right? The more I hear Obama tell the world that we were too "selective" in our desire to spread democracy around the world, that "he" has ended all the evil that we were doing around the world...just as he did this week at the UN...to be honest I am getting sick of his self centered, egotistical, narcissistic rhetoric. He is actually loosing points with me. By the way, I couldn't stand Bush, lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I actually think we could pull our troops out of the war right away. It's a matter of choice. That being said if we do, it would seriously piss off a lot of Americans that have been lead to believe that winning these wars makes us safer and that would be the downfall of a President making that decision. The difference between Bush and Obama is the rhetoric.

Bush = You are either with us, or you are a terrorist.

Obama = In order to achieve peace, we must recognize the sovereignty of each nation.

I support Obama's rhetoric. Even if it is just rhetoric, it is the right rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Maybe YOU want peace, but some people don’t because they live off warfare. If Obama or any other president from now on wants to change the “plan” that was already design, they put their life in extreme danger. Of course change takes time and he’s gonna have to pretend to play the game for a while if he doesn’t want to suffer the Kennedy fate. Even if he tries to pull a “Jesus” doesn’t mean he’s not going to get crucified you know. Don’t you see what usually happens to all those who preach peace?

The will to change the world should not rest on the shoulder’s of just one man anyway, that never works. The only thing he can rely on is the power of intent .

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
no i do agree with you.

thats why i think anything obama wants to achieve is going to take time, and the same reason i disagree with those who disapprove of him already because its only been one year. were not going to see any of this change happen quickly.

almost every single president who promoted major change was indeed assassinated, and i think obama knows this and has to proceed with extreme caution in his choices.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

ya know what? forget it

*Sigh* I was also going to try as well, but see the propaganda machine has infected this one to the core. Trying to reason here would be impossible. What's frightening, is the number of US citizens who share the same naive and limited mindset as the OP. Wake up deary, please!

[edit on 24-9-2009 by susp3kt]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

yeah, he has said he wants to get the troops out of afghanistan and hasnt. but lets be honest here. we cant just take all our troops out at once and be done with it.

it just doesnt work that way. that was the problem with the gulf war.

as much as he wants to take us out of the war.. its a slow process.

No he doesn't want the troops out.Because the war is not about freeing the poor afghanis from the evil taliban(which is ironic itself).America and other countries are waged in a resource war and extending your sphere of influence to Afghanistan is vital for the whole region which is one big gas and oil treasure trove.Next on the list is Iran,it may not be next year or the year after.It may be through backing groups to overthrow the regime.The US and Uk are already engaged in covert warfare with Iran via the funding of terrorist groups inside it.Or it may be through military means via Israel,one way or the other they will gain control of Iran.Petty little things like saving the poor afghans is simply a lie and smoke screen,tug at peoples heart strings.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Doesn't the President smoke? I'm pretty sure he did ... though I don't know if he still does.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

oh, and about the cigarettes... WOW we have a president who wants his people to be HEALTHY so he raises taxes on cigarettes.

since when is that a bad thing exactly? i full agree with him on that. people shouldnt smoke, its just gross and doesnt even make you feel good!

anything to discourage people to smoke is a plus in my book..

ya forget freedom to do live your life the way you want to, oh but if his piont is really a healthy america why not just ban ciggerettes? oh ya taxes for bigger government.

and how long are you going to be able to blame bush for the problems we have no financially? you are aware that our defecit has increased with obama right? you really can not argue that so if what bush did was bad then what obama is doing is worse.

none of your pionts have any legitimate backing it's just your warped way of looking at things and you said yourself you do not follow polotics so do alot of us a favor and quit commenting on them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join