It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany declares economic war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

You know why this is? State support for those manufacturing industries which is illegal in the EU, but the French and Germans get away with it. The British were told to break up all their nationalised industries, by the EU, or face fines and if we dare try to support industry with subsidies, we'd get hammered for that, whereas the Frnehc and Germans carry on regardless with their potectionist policies.

It's a two tier system.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

True, but I have no desire to leave our Welsh, Scottish and N. Irish brethren in the cold. We've got too much history together to be ignoring them...and I like them. I climbed Ben Nevis a few weeks back, and I swear to God the Scots were the friendliest, most welcoming people I've ever met, and the Welsh a close second.

Not one "English bastard" from any of them!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Since the late 60s the UK government has sold off parts of the UK to investors abroad, it has enacted legislation that allowed selling all our assets and ended our manufacturing base.

The last part of our nuclear industry has now been sold, and privatisation is creeping in to the prison service, schools and the NHS.

Our new high speed trains will be made in Japan, so while our government does not invest in this country then we will never be anything other than a consumer and will never be able to create any wealth.

I certainly feel the city of London needs to be brought down a peg or 2, along with the UK government, we are no longer a world power and should stop acting like one.

Perhaps then the kids will get the investment, as they are the ones that will generate the wealth of tomorrow to pay for the debts being run up today.

And I do not feel we will ever see that investment if we are part of the EU.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargon of Akkad

The English Democrats actually work closely with the SNP and Plaid Cymru. They have discussed the possibility of a Federation where there is a council of the Isles, as opposed to a big central Government, and England being the odd one out in terms of self-governance. The ED don't wish to see the break up of the UK, unless the people wish it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

We are a world power and should act like one! One of the largest world economies and a proud Heritage, we shouldn't give up on that. the only reason we are in decline now is because the Governments have allowed us to be stripped of our assets. Kudos to the French and Germans for at least looking after their countries.

We do still make stuff, but that is still in decline, mostly due to the EU legislation that only we seem to follow, castrating ourselves while our European "partners" benefit.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Personally I have a pet peeve with the way certain terms are used like how it is all the fault of the Anglo-Saxon banking system, or Anglo-Saxon Economic Model.

Yes and is it not the Rothchilds (GERMANY for Red SHIELD) who are considered the true architects of the whole mess.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It's like I love the look of communism on paper, just know by human nature that it'll never work.. and that's how I feel about the EU.. I have like 150 cousins in America (my Grand dad was a Cherokee GI in WW2) and I have a hard time convincing them. They just see everyone as European, and they expect the differences to be similar to those they experience between different States in the US.

Except even now under the pressure of having a president like Obama, and the recession/depression that states are making noises about seceding.. while there is no real history there or underlying deep animosity.. whereas in Europe there is to much history, and I am not sure how long the EU will actually survive when you consider that how little pressure it is taking for US states to make those noises about breaking free of the union, at what point will some states see that it is not in their interests to remain in the EU.

The county I live in was one of the Saxon Kingdoms and people have been making noises albeit very low level that should the UK go into the EU full on and harmonise that they would consider breaking away and setting up the Witan again, but again the History is there to be the South Saxon Kingdom again.

Just look at the way the USSR broke up to give an example of what can happen. There are noises in the UK that Cornwall wants to be a Sovereign nation in it's own right and reclaim their language.. again at a very low level, but how long before those noises get louder.

And I am sure the same can be said across Europe.. For my mind the EU is actually very dangerous, for the world and for the people of the EU.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Meh, we kicked German ass before. We'll do it again.

Personally, I think we need more of this. We need protectionism and a shoring up of our own resources while we still have some left. Each nation needs to be moving away from globalisation, and if attacks like this actually occur and continue, we'll have no choice.

Yeah, it might be difficult, but that's the fault of our government for getting us into this situation to begin with. And then they'll race the wrath of the people when they finally wake up and see what's been happening for the last 20 years.

Bring it on

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I'm A Brit not a Euro. I don't understand them but I understand the American

Sorry if I was not clear. Tony Blair waited and took orders from Brussels during the FMD epidemic caused by the leak from the Pirbright lab. Instead of vaccinating they decided to slaughter most of England's cloven hooved livestock. The whole thing goes back to the World Trade Organization and OIE disease rules. It is just another illustration of where our Overlords screwed the little guy.

(I'm a Yank bye the bye and loved your country when I had the chance to visit)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

As much as I do agree with you, I just see that we bolt things together rather than actually make them.. RR uses BMW engines.. The new High speed trains will come to the UK in bits like all most of our car industry to be bolted together, our buildings are of really poor quality and so are the materials we use.

The fundamental issue is that we no longer design and make things as we used to.. take the 60s we designed and made amazing hover crafts that flew over the channel.. all it needed was more investment in making them fuel efficient, a proven design we could sell to the world and yet no investment was ever forthcoming...

The same can be said for our Collaboration with the French over Concorde, a quieter engine would have enabled her to land at any air port but nothing was forthcoming, the Harrier is now a US design, we are not even partnering in Europe to make a Vtol.. Even AWE is not in our hands any more, the full circle of the design of our nuclear deterrent and the methodology behind creating new warheads is owned by the US. So really in my mind the US has 2 seats on the Security council.

The full circle of from design to manufacture has gone, and we need as a nation to make that investment in our infrastructure to create that capability for our future or we will end up being a bolt together nation of semi skilled worker bees.

The French, Germans and Americans all look out for their own populations while ours have for the last 30 years sold what we had off.. I honestly don't see we have much left, but we still have the capability to be great again, and I beleive that, but I do not beleive we can do that within the EU, only on our own with investment in our country.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The French, Germans and Americans all look out for their own populations while ours have for the last 30 years sold what we had off.. I honestly don't see we have much left, but we still have the capability to be great again, and I beleive that, but I do not beleive we can do that within the EU, only on our own with investment in our country.

Actually the bankers here in the USA sold us off too. By 2002 over 70% of our Gross National Production was foreign owned, so was 80% of our sea ports, our toll roads and bridges. Now the US wants to "harmonize" with the EU farm to fork regulations and drive our farmers off the land so the International food cartels can buy up the land as they did in the EU. The USA has very little manufacturing left, it is now in China.

The Central bankers have really fleeced the EU, UK and the USA and they are now taking aim at China. That is why Maurice Strong (advisor to the World Bank) is now Chief Advisor to China.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

We do still design and make stuff, primarily military products. The Harrier is not a US design, they licensed the design off us to produce their own, which they modified slightly and now it falls out the sky quite often due to these modifications and not training their pilots properly.

We lead the world in tank design and actually provide alot of tech to the USA for theirs. We are also very good at aircraft design too, several major components of the F-22 are British in origin.

I know what you mean, but we are not a total loss and not as bad as you make out. Granted, some historical projects were canned when they were world leading projects, such as our Rocket programme in the 50's and 60's, but it isn't all doom and gloom. we just need more Government protection for such industries, rather than leaving them to "market forces" when other countries don't play ball and prop up their industries with subsidies.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm a Brit and I agree with Steinbruck on this.

First, the article is written by someone who's very likely at least good mates with people in the major financial institutions.

Second, no-one seems to get the context of this.

If you agree with the article, you're agreeing with your tax monies being used to keep bankers in indefensible bonuses.

The "square mile" is home to the biggest parasites on the planet. I know, I used to work there. The article's author may say that Steinbruck's expressed opinions about Britain may be nonsense: I don't read German, but I'm not about to take his word as gospel. To me it seems that Steinbruck is incensed that the British seem a little too compliant to their banking masters - a sentiment I can appreciate and agree with.

It's said that Germany wants to close down the City. This is not economic warfare over resources or (pardon the reference) lebensraum, it's an attempt to remove an obstacle to much-needed financial reform.

If people weren't so mired in pseudo-patriotism, they might be able to see that.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I know what you mean, but we are not a total loss and not as bad as you make out. Granted, some historical projects were canned when they were world leading projects, such as our Rocket programme in the 50's and 60's

And let's not forget the US stole some ideas, like the one-piece tailplane (moving as a whole, no ailerons) which added stability in transonic flight. They were going to share information... NOT.

we just need more Government protection for such industries, rather than leaving them to "market forces" when other countries don't play ball and prop up their industries with subsidies.

Well... that could be difficult when Menwith Hill is here to ensure that US companies win out at any cost.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is an interesting little side-show the British and Germans squaring off in economic war while the banking cartels sit and wait and plot over in Pittsburgh.This is all part of the plan UK and Germany take each other out of the picture and the other members of the EU and the US get the spoils.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Germany has maintained decent financial regulation, gold reserves, a manufacturing industry of the highest standards - they are now being forced to bail out the EU and UK.

Germany should ditch the EU and go it alone - the UK is basically insolvent - let it fall, so its citizens can finally realize how badly they have been neutered, controlled and lied to. The UK is the ultimate slave farm - and the elite there are in danger of losing it, but while they can potentially get others to pay for their mistakes they will.

Any claims that governments not banks are responsible for the economic crisis are ill informed. The banks control the UK government, and have for more than 100 years - they have disarmed, misinformed, and robbed their citizens - they have aided and abetted criminal wars across the globe. Their population is under surveillance and control like no other - wake up Brits - take back control of your country. If German policy causes your elite bankers to get crushed, you should applaud.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by Dermo

Well I'd rather spend the night in a pub with a Yank than a German or a Belgian, I mean it's historic, no offence to the old Europeans, but we understand each other and share a common bond.

Well i'd rather be in a bar in Spain where my parents live with some Spanish people practicing my Spanish with the beautiful local women. Not some boring loud mouth yanks, but hey that's just me

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

This has been going on for years already, all Herr whatshisface is doing is just publicly admitting the fact that we've been in economic warfare with EU member states for a while already.

Unfortunately for us Brits, we're just so bloody polite and eager to please, we pretty much just bend over and let them do what they want to us.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The rich families you speak of in the 19th and 20th were actually "commoners" using the industrial revolution to get rich, so thats another point I disagree with you on. Most of the old monied, dynastic families went broke around the same period.

I'm not sure how true this is. According to the recent historical dramatisation series The Battle for Middle-Earth*, much of the land divvied-up following the Norman Invasion still lies in the hands of the families that were awarded land by William. I can't remember the exact figures used but it was staggering and all the more so to think that so much land had been in the same families for a 1000 years.

*If you didn't see it, much of the drama was punctuated with facts about Anglo-Saxon England &c.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
And folks here in the US and abroad wonder why Britain has been so seemingly reluctant to join and comply with the EU.

I don't know much about this current problem, but I don't blame Britain.

Crazy Europeans don't want ANYONE to do well.

They're want to be miserable and want everyone to be equally miserable.

Screw them.

Go Britain!

You clearly have misunderstood what is going on.
It's confusing at the best of times, and ridiculously mind boggling at the worst, particularly when the Germans are involved.

It's not about being miserable, it's about bringing Britain on it's knees to those who control the EU, Germany & France.

The UK has kept it's own currency, refusing to adopt the Euro. Good on them.

The UK also supports the United States push for Turkey to join. A large, muslim population. A country, which will have a massive voting percentage in the EU, who is pretty much an American puppet.

What most people have forgoten is that the EU is pretty much the fourth reich. Once the Lisbon Treaty is passed, if it's as bad as everyone believes it is, they will have achieved what they tried to before with war, but this time, they will have taken control of Europe without firing a bullet.

Put the Lisbon treaty and similar things to a popular referendum. They will not pass. That's why most countries didn't, they just voted upon it in parliament. Corrupt politicians are in every European parliament.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join