It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children being encouraged to engage in sexual practices? Shag bands marketing is just plain wrong.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I think you missed what has written, Originally they were intended as marketing devices, at one point kids got their hands on them and made a sick sexual game out of it, then other companies had seen the game the kids made and made a convenient little packege that was marketed for the intent of sexual purposes, this last actg puts those buisinesses accountable for their actions.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

your way out of line thier O WISE ONE!!! Ive been a parent for nearly 11 years me and my kids are super close and your telling me to get proffesional help for my kids!!!!!!!!! you dont know me so dont tell me how to raise my kids you tosser!! i was just telling the other person in this thread not to think you have had bad parents because their protective or compare their life to kids who have got real problems in this world.Having over protective parents isnt a problem when your 18 you can go do whatever the hell you want.I would hate to think their are parents who look after their kids on here reading your thread and feeling like they are bad for doing what they beleive is RIGHT.Your best keeping your insights to yourself before someones child gets hurt,and do your community a favour and get professional help for yourself!!! waxing poetically to others on how to be a good parent

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by juggalo77

You are trolling, right? We do know what a 'juggalo' is and it's not something that I would be happy to see around kids. Your spelling and grammar are also rather a give away. Still, nice try.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by KyoZero

I think you missed what has written, Originally they were intended as marketing devices, at one point kids got their hands on them and made a sick sexual game out of it, then other companies had seen the game the kids made and made a convenient little packege that was marketed for the intent of sexual purposes, this last actg puts those buisinesses accountable for their actions.

I didn't miss anything. How the heck can you prove that the other companies made it for sexual acts? I am not saying that businesses are not capable of sick things as such but let's not forget once again that the kids started this. Should we just start outlawing everything kids turn into a sexual game? Frankly if these bands are used for sexual acts after kids turned them into sexual acts then I am still blaming the kids.

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If someones gives you a band and says... "Hey, if soemone breaks this band they're supposed to kiss you" Does that mean you HAVE to follow through with it?

No, and most people who wear them don't.

The people who follow through with it never needed the bands in the first place...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by labyrinth101

no im not trolling at all,to be honest ive been intrested in the theory of Atlantis,Lemuria and Mu and enjoy reading peoples views and opinions regarding it.Its amazed me how many on here love to profile and judge others you must think you are so perfect but please open my eyes tell me how being a juggalo means that im trolling
and what the hell has my spelling and grammer got to do with anything???? i came into this thread to put my point across and got attacked by king and because ive attacked back you have decided to have a go and try put into peoples minds that im trolling!!!!! like i said to king you dont know me so dont judge me!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Don't get caught up in the moral panic!!! This is getting named the same way tank tops/A-shirts got nicknamed beaters... short for wifebeaters, which is what they all wore in movies, a stained a-shirt.

Some folks... sheesh.

If it was that easy to get laid, no one would be scamming for booty!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I remember these from a good 10 years back. And I can tell you unfortunately no sexual acts are performed upon snapping these 'shag bands'.

Just kids being foolish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join