It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An "explanation" for the recent UFOs in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was just watching CNN on TV and on the bottom scrolling thingy said that scientists said that the UFOs were balls of lightning. i find this hard to believe since the pilots said that the lights were traveling at high speeds and lightning usually stays in place for a split second. how many of u also thinks that their "explanation" is bull? or is it logical?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's shakey but it's their jobs to find explanations within reason or at least the realm of possibility. Alot of people feel scientists are attempting to cover something up by coming up with strange and sometimes outrageous explanations for situations like this but it is their job to find explanations even if we don't agree with them.

I saw the video and I'm not of the opinion that this phenomenon was ball lightning. Nor was my intial opinion, "ALIENS!!!".

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
ball lightning flys in irradic motions... not in straightlines, nor in any sort of formation. also, it usually only forms in areas of high magnetic or electrical fields.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Isn't ball lightning visible with the naked eye?Also does ball lightning or any lightning for that matter appere on radar?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've read where it was ball lightning, meteor fragments and weather balloons, all of which should be visible with the naked eye, and none of which can physically follow a plane and pass it up. And....become aware that it was being spotted.

These are all attempts at silencing people, and making anyone who says otherwise look silly, all because the US doesn't want to release any of its own information on the phenominon (sp) IMO.

People need to continue questioning the US gov and demanding the release of documentation of what the US has in its archives on the subject of UFOs and not accept the answers we are fed in order to silence us all.

The TRUTH is out there, WAY out there.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Anyway.. Isn`t ball lighting only supposed to be visible for a few moments? Wasn`t the full video something like 15 minutes or so? If the wind was that strong to send the ball lighting past the aircraft at that speed, wouldn`t you expect it to dissipate the gas that was harnessing the lighting? These would have to be fireballs in that case. Certainly would show up on inared, but at the same time, it would be bright for the pilot as well... especially, this was supposed to be at dusk or in the evening right? It may not be an ET (althought I hope it is), but the lighting ball does not sound to me personally to be a credible answer.

A5H

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It wouldn't show up on radar though would it.
Nor would it fly in a formation for extended periods of time.
I've seen parts of the video and I'm confident it isn't ball lightning.
Does anyone have any links to pics of ball lighting for comparison?

Regards,
Ash

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here is only pivcture that I could find...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Wow, you can really see the resemblance !!!!! ... NOT!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
how much do you wanna bet this is the "governments" explaination because there could be a UFO in the middle of Central park with aliens comeing out of it, saying "i bring you peace" and its i being video taped, and the government would probably say it didnt exist or it was mass halucination or some crap like that

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i have not heard of this till today and not seen any footage on it either,BUT first thing that springs to mind by just reading about it is FOO FIGHTERS from WW2 that followed allied an nazi planes observing them.......

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yep they could not be anything like that #.. First of all they travel in formation and Straight focused long distances And the radar capture them (radars only capture objects of certain size (so they don�t capture unnecessary things)) and could not be balloons I have never seen any balloon that travel so solid and controlled and can joust stop and Hover and damn so good formation. And they was invisible to the human eye must be really advance balloons then. And stuff like this have been observed for over 7 thousand years. I saw on a documentary there was in Egypt they documented sightings like that and much more in other countries as well.

So I don�t always think "oh man its area51 wow� NOT! why the heck should it always be some secret aircraft from a 40 years old secret base?

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Cardu]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Stop thinking about if the US Government is covering it up and begin to think about the reasons they would want to cover up UFO's. At the rate the universe is expanding the longer they keep us in a box the easier it will become to bring a World Order with control over all life as we know it. Eventually Galaxies will move far enough away from one another that all life as we know it may only be inside our own very one galaxy. Its a galactic arms race. The government will use humans to take over the galaxy and we will not be able to do anything about it once we have one government for the entire planet. I just hope the US has good intent but the more I research the evidence it looks quite grim..

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael
Stop thinking about if the US Government is covering it up and begin to think about the reasons they would want to cover up UFO's. At the rate the universe is expanding the longer they keep us in a box the easier it will become to bring a World Order with control over all life as we know it.

Well, if you actually think about it off of your reasoning, then it would be better that they tell us about aliens. I mean if we did become part of a so-called galactic community, we would have to be an Earth, not seperate countries.

Does anyone know if the full unedited video has been made public? I am not talking about the 2 or three minutes shown on TV, but I heard somewhere that the video was about 15 minutes...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
NO idea if the full un-edited footage has made it out, but does anyone know if it has been shown here in Australia, cos i still have not seen it.

everytime i try to get it off the net it wont download or stream of the web.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
the best I have found, so far, is the link Cardu offered for my Mex UFO resource thread. You get about 3 minutes of footage involving the UFOs (from the longer link at the page's bottom). It isn't the 'full' movie (it's the full Mex TV footage), but you can discern some characteristics (you see, for instance, the UFOs fly behind some clouds and emerge in a clear formation).

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
,,,just to remembered you that we don't need infra red /night vision systems to see ball lightnings...or baloons,...or space debris and so on!
this things was only visible by infrared vision sistems.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i advise anybody who have downloaded the footage to make screenshots of the most interesting frames and convert them with a graphic program in the REVERSE
mode. this will give as result kinda "negative" image of the original" but could maybe reveal more details.
feel free to put these resulting images on your webpage and supply the url to us all

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
any one can putt here a link to the complete film?,i have tryed googled but all i get is small parts in several TV news services

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangaxx
any one can putt here a link to the complete film?,i have tryed googled but all i get is small parts in several TV news services

Check this thread kangaxx www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ball lightning-(Balls!) Weather Balloons-(Baloney!)
It is quite obvious from this footage that these are intelligently controlled craft .(So that rules out U.S.A.F)
Mexico has often been a rich source of UFO sightings ,some of the best images have been taken over Mexico.
Ignore the debunkers , these people are narrow - minded charlatans.
Remember all imformation is controlled ,what we must ask is why these images were released ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join