It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Norris: Stop Using The Modern American Flag -- Or Use Tea-Stained Ones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

tpmlivewire.talk ingpointsmemo.com

In a column for Townhall.com, action star and conservative activist Chuck Norris calls on tea partiers to stop using the modern American flag as a means of protest against the current administration. And if you insist on using the 50-star flag, well, you can buy a tea-stained one for just $73.50 to show "solidarity with our Founders."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I like Chuck Norris, though I don't agree with all of his views he is a fighter. (I will resist the urge to post a Norris joke). But desecratign the flag? Thats preposterous. The american flag is not the porperty of any US administration but for the country as a whole. I dont think the founding fathers would be very happy about it.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Good idea, very symbolic and all, but why would you ever pay 73.50 for a tea stained flag? It could be stained with anything with nobody the wiser. I would just stain it myself for so much less than $73.50.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Chuck Norris may have lost his virginity before his father, but I don't agree with Chuck's divisiveness. We should be coming together and discussing our issues, not creating factions. We are not the enemy.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Now, I havent seen the origional source on this, but I'm assuming it mentions the tea-stained flags that are for sale in it, as well.

Be interesting to check if Mr. Norris has any interest in the company selling them.

Okay, I can't resist:
There is no "CTRL" key on Chuck Norris' computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

The american flag is not the porperty of any US administration but for the country as a whole. I dont think the founding fathers would be very happy about it.

If the founding fathers ever came back from the dead, they would be appalled at the disaster we call fedgov. I feel quite sure they would be the leading voices calling for immediate revolution.

The current "government" is almost 180 degrees out of phase with most of the founding principles.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What is this?

How does staining or desecrating a flag show solidarity with the founders?

If people want solidarity with the founders go get some "Don't Tread on Me" Gadsden flags or Sons of Liberty flags.

This whole staining thing is silly.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Chuck jumped the shark when he started doing infomercials, now he's jumped an even bigger shark, this time after round house kicking it in the face, before falling on his a$$

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

I agree that the founding fathers would be appalled and they would certainly insist on revolution. I also believe that they would be happy to know there are still a whole lot of us who are vocal in our resistance!

I must agree with Chuck though, solidarity is the cornerstone of ANY movement! Without a solid foundation any movement is a house of cards waiting to be knocked down.

my turn, When an episode of Walker Texas Ranger was aired in France, the French surrendered to Chuck Norris just to be on the safe side.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

But desecratign the flag? Thats preposterous.
[edit on 24-9-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think he might of been inferring using this flag???

...From this thread...

The forgotten flag of the United States
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...Based on this Article...

The Mystery of the Forgotten U.S. Flag Revealed.
www.civil-liberties.com...

[edit on 9/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
M.C. Hammer learned the hard way that Chuck Norris can touch this.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Actually if you read the article that was written by Chuck, Don't Tread on Me! and not the bastardized snippet by Versha Sharma (whoever the hell that is) you would see that he seems to be advocating the use of alternate flags.

I suggest you fly some revolutionary flag in lieu of your 50-star flag over the next year. Post the 13-star Betsy Ross flag, Navy Jack or Gadsden flag ("Don't Tread on Me") or any representation that tells the story of Old Glory and makes a stand for our Founders' vision of America.

At the very end of his article Chuck wrote this:

(If you insist on posting a modern USA flag, too, then get one that is tea-stained to show your solidarity with our Founders.)

Now look at the first paragraph of the article written by Versha Sharma:

In a column for Townhall.com, action star and conservative activist Chuck Norris calls on tea partiers to stop using the modern American flag as a means of protest against the current administration. And if you insist on using the 50-star flag, well, you can buy a tea-stained one for just $73.50 to show "solidarity with our Founders."

Click on the link that says "tea-stained one" and it takes you to a WorldNetDaily online store to buy the tea-stained flag "for just $73.50"

Unless I'm missing something it's this snakeoil salesman Versha Sharma that's probably getting a paycheck bonus from WorldNetDaily.

If I were you I would be careful about slandering the name of Chuck Norris because you misread an article.
Afterall, we all know that when the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
(sorry couldn't resist)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yet another Anti-American sentiment that the right wing will eat up.

Hey guys, remember that saying frm the last 8 years you loved to use so much? Love it or leave it. Bye, Chuck, and take the others with you.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

This is why I sometimes can enjoy ATS. You did your homework and dug deeper.

and of course.........
There are in fact five elemental forces; Strong, weak, electromagnetic, gravitation and Chuck Norris.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
Yet another Anti-American sentiment that the right wing will eat up.

Hey guys, remember that saying frm the last 8 years you loved to use so much? Love it or leave it. Bye, Chuck, and take the others with you.

Anti-American?
What reality do you live in?

Americans trying to take their country back and return it to something it's founding fathers would recognize, is called patriotism.

If anyone's comments resemble Anti-American sentiment, it would be the guy who said "Love it or leave it. Bye, Chuck, and take the others with you." Oh wait a minute wasn't that you?

I do love this country, which is why I haven't left it.
Because I'm hoping one day enough people will pull their head out of the sand that we can take it back.
And when we do take it back you and all the other people who say things like "Love it or leave it." and "Your with us, or your with the terrorists" will be the first ones to jump up and boast about how we did it, and we're so great, and you knew all along that we would do it, etc etc.

Because it will be the new group mentality that will replace the "Love it or leave it" mentality that you're currently programmed with.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism, and your mindless obedience to the system that has enslaved you proves that you have none.

On another note:
Never allow yourself the luxury of forgetting that there is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

How is it anti-American? I would like to hear your views on this.

oh and maybe I am just posting something so i could state:
"The moment Chuck Norris stops visualizing the universe, it will cease to exist."

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's anti American because he advocating something other than the American flag.

Y'know, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter because Chuck Norris doesn't matter. He's an attention seeking fame whore who apparently hasn't sold enough of his CHINESE MADE workout machines to be able to keep himself busy.

He's an idiot, I never really realized how much of an enormous buffoon he was until he involved himself in politics.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't know for a fact or have any links as of yet......

I believe Mr Norris was meaning to referring to the "tea" parties that have started becoming popular.

That is why the flag is "tea" stained, showing your support of these tea parties.

here is a link to info as to what the political tea parties are, if you don't know.
Google

[edit on 9/24/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by uaocteaou
It's anti American because he advocating something other than the American flag.

Page two of the original article:

Of course, patriots know that the 50-star flag truly represents one nation under God and our Founders' republic, but modernists simply don't get it. So what do you say we make a statement by flying a different flag and educate our neighbors when they ask us, "Why are you flying that flag instead of the contemporary Stars and Stripes?"

He's suggesting a harmless, peaceful means of opening up dialogue with your neighbors about things you think should be fixed in this country.

How in the name of god is that Anti-American?
That my misguided little friend, is called patriotism.
Where did you buy your dictionary?

Did you even read the article before you posted or is it possible that someone else might be the "attention seeking fame whore" (as you so eloquently worded it) posting about something they haven't even read, and offering up an opinion formed on a bastardized snippet of the original story, due to the fact that they refuse to read the original because of their own irrationally prejudice attitude towards an individual that they have never actually met?

Hmm, I'll leave that diagnosis for Dr. Phil.

Oh and by the way...
Although some people wear Superman pajamas...
Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ashamedamerican]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join