It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Communication?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hello all! I had an idea the other day and I've been tossing it around in my brain ever since. I thought I might share it with you all; to see whether it stands up as an idea or not.

Here's what I'm thinking: Some of you may remember a previous thread of mine that covered the 'Circle Theory', you know, 'For the universe to have begun it must have ended' and how events are infinitely repetitive in terms of them being played out over and over again infinitely; both in the future and the past. Well, I was wondering whether it would be possible, through some form of mathematics or something, to find a particular number that would allow us to contact the past in order to communicate and pass over information and so on- of course contacting the future wouldn't be too helpful unless you were trying to avoid a mistake.

What if someone in the future rings up/e-mails someone in the past to give them information on how to make the latest model of mobile phone or not to vote for a particular political party at some stage or something along those lines? That way the future is secured by those in the future and therefore nothing can change. Of course it will have all happened anyway so nothing can change, because it's the circle theory.
Therefore, no matter what is tried in order to secure particular events at whatever period of time, nothing can actually be changed so if it's going to happen it will happen.

Ramadwarf on inter-time-communications

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If time travel were possible in the future, even a billion years in the future, then they would now be popping up in our timeline.

So, apart from the odd crank, they haven't, that either means that time travel is absolutely not possible ever, or mankind doesn't survive long enough into the future to do it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by butch_uk

Well how do you know they haven't? I mean there was a great thread in here discussing the possibility of spaceships- spaceships that we would describe as being extraterrestrial(?) in origin- being time travelling humans having a look at how the species used to live. Just because we don't know about it doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't happened right? I know that's my answer to just about everything that has no proof; but hey, can it really be argued with?
When you say 'crank' I assume you mean 'Mad people'? and not, as one might think from the idea I put forward, 'Crank Calls'?

But yes Butch I get what you are saying; and you may well be right for all anyone knows- in all probability your first idea is probably closest to reality anyway.

Ramadwarf on 'Is there a John there?'

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i see what you mean about if its going to happen, it will happen. but theres the things with paradoxes as well isnt there? i mean, there must have been some reason (if they managed to do it) for someone to build a time machine, so if they managed that, they couldnt possibly go back and change the course of events anyway, as if one thing is changed, it may have an effect on the event that happened to make this person decide to make a time machine, so it could never happen. therefore i agree.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nomcheese

Exactly, but, going along with this theory, if you change the future by tampering with the past, the future will never have happened and therefore nothing has changed at all. Wait, that's what you said isn't it? I'm confused now, uh,
, well yeah, we're all correct!

Ramadwarf on nomcheese's reply

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
yeah, i think it's basically the same idea! it's all very confusing but i think i get it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nomcheese

Phew! We always get there in end! Well, usually...
No but I've realised the flaw of my original idea now: For someone in the future to get in contact with someone in the past and tell them what to do would, in all probability, change the course of events and therefore destroy those in the future. However, if it were to happen (the communication I mean) anyway, there will be no change because it was mean't to happen in order for our civilisation to progress.

Hmm, I should really think about this one before I try to explain it again because I don't think my head can stand it for much longer. Enjoying myself though!

Ramadwarf on the complications of time travel and the circle theory.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Your crank calls have been happening since 1950's to Jack Sarfatti, if you believe him.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Well I guess I might as well, he seems pretty on the level
Thanks for those links buddy!

Ramadwarf on

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Well...I have to comment on your post.
I received one of these phone calls when I was 8 years old on December 22nd.I remember exactly where everyone in my family was, what they were wearing and doing and that when the phone rang, I indeed volunteered to answer. I do not recall the actual details of "how" the voice was and exactly what was said. I am sure that by my being only a child, other sensors kicked in as protection.
Sent me into a trance like state til after the holidays, where the vision of my life here looped itself in my head. Frankly it scared the # out of me. I found quiet resolve and acceptance of this "happening" a couple of weeks afterwards.
My parents took me to see our physician. There really was nothing physically wrong with me.

Since then, I have maintained this circular , spiritual place inside that I call the
"godbox"..however, I simply do not believe in god. As an adult now, there are moments of lucidity associated with this memory.
I am not a dysfunctional person nor an escapist.

I thank you for your links. I have read some of Sarfatti's newer expoundings on
QP. Now I will begin anew with his writings.

Namaste

ZM

top topics

join