It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Rabits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am sorry, but I can't help but think of the movie, Night of the Lepus while reading this thread.

wiki link

[edit on 24-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lemywinxs

Regardless of the teeth, this is very odd behavior for rabbits, even for a mother rabbit trying to defend her babies I would presume, and that's against snakes in general. You're talking about one of the most dangerous snakes in the world here.

JMHO.

Peace

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter Was Telling the Truth!

And all this time I thought he was just a sissy picking on a harmless bunny.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me as I've worked with animals for years and I've always said that one of the most vicious animals are rabbits! I think we are so used to thinking of them as soft cute fluffy things but that only applies to tame domesticated ones. Not only can they give a nasty bite (blunt teeth hurt waaay more than sharp ones) but they can give a nasty kick and scratch too with those powerful legs of theirs!

See, the monty python lot knew this years ago, and holy grail is a brilliant film!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I fell out of my chair laughing.

Here comes Peter Cotton-Tail, hoppin down the bunny trail...

...Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on its way...

...up pops a King Brown snake, and thwack Peter's got a nice snack...

I
just
couldn't
resist.

Next, on "When Bunnies Attack", we see the wild and ferocious cotton-tail.

Seriously, the meek shall inherit the Earth, so maybe the bunny is not so meek after all.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
More then likely the rabbits were protecting their young. They will attack anything that threatens their little baby rabbits.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Here is the video of a the rabbit attacking the snake in case you missed the video link.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by titan69
This doesn't surprise me as I've worked with animals for years and I've always said that one of the most vicious animals are rabbits! I think we are so used to thinking of them as soft cute fluffy things but that only applies to tame domesticated ones. Not only can they give a nasty bite (blunt teeth hurt waaay more than sharp ones) but they can give a nasty kick and scratch too with those powerful legs of theirs!

I have also experienced the nasty side of rabbits but they still should not be facing down such a deadly predator. Even if they were protecting their young, I have never heard of a rabbit defending its young until death and one bite from a brown snake most certainly is death for a rabbit.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well have a look at this,

Brush rabbits are normally timid, and their best defense is speed, but they can defend themselves by biting and kicking; brush rabbits can even climb trees. A mother brush rabbit can drive off a snake or even a raccoon twice her size when defending her young. Because a wild rabbit can be quite vicious in defending itself, it is not a good idea to try to pick one up.

Source

It turns out rabbits will defend their young but does this still apply to such a deadly venomous snake? One mistake and the mother is dead with its young.
Are these rabbits getting immune to the venom?

[edit on 24-9-2009 by FreeSpeaker]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well why don't you watch the video and see for yourself

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Well why don't you watch the video and see for yourself

I have watched the video and mentioned it in a earlier post. I however cannot tell what species that snake is and the question of the rabbit being immune to venom has not been tested or reported as far as i'm aware.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Do you know the story of The Three Hares?

It is an unsolved mystery. No one seems to know what the motif is all about.

Here is another interesting Rabbit victory.
It is called Hares Bind the Hunter.
It is a frieze (c. 1135-1170 A.D.) from Imperial Cathedral Konigslutter.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's possible that this snake has lost its venom, teeth or its ability to administer venom. It has probably tried to attack the rabbit and its young previously. With the snake possibly confused & wondering why the rabbit wasn't dying from its venom, the rabbit managed to successfully chase it away. I doubt this is a rabbit that has become immune, but that is still a possibility. Alternatively, this snake is not a venemous snake to begin with.

It could be that super-rabbit shown in that monty-python video.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Unless what we see here is superior reflexes, speed, and agility. Essentially bunny rabbit dodge ball with snakes!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join