It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Examiner: Inmate died of natural causes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Medical Examiner: Inmate died of natural causes

www.tennessean.com

Andron Reed, ...died at 4:53 p.m. Aug. 15, ...hours after the Tennessee Highway Patrol charged Reed with driving under the influence, felony evading arrest, felony reckless endangerment, violation of implied consent, assault and speeding.

Reed’s cause of death was determined to be “fibromuscular dysplasia of the small coronary artery,” ...

...Officials said Reed’s body showed signs of minor trauma, consistent with a struggle, but that it played no part in his death.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.murfreesboropost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Population Control Bioweapon? Medical Accident? What is Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) is radically under-diagnosed and generally ignored as a disease impacting quality of life. More to the point, FMD normally is NOT listed as a "cause of death" although it can, and does, cause kidney failure, heart failure, stroke and heart attack - and triggers cancer.

With FMD, the symptoms routinely are called the "cause of death."

BUT WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT...... it's hauled out as a "natural cause."

Any press is good press. I guess.

www.tennessean.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-9-2009 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

What if I got in a struggle with that guy? What if I hit him once or twice over a spilled beer, or an ass grab?

Then, he dies later that night, from this condition? Wouldn't they charge me, and say that the fight aggravated the condition, and that striking him caused the foreseeable consequence of injury resulting in death?

That is how they word this BS stuff! I don't think the cops should be tried for murder, but I also don't think 2nd Degree Murder or Manslaughter cases should ever be tried either! There is no way to know that a minor struggle, or a typical fight could cause a death!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

What if I got in a struggle with that guy? What if I hit him once or twice over a spilled beer, or an ass grab?

Then, he dies later that night, from this condition? Wouldn't they charge me, and say that the fight aggravated the condition, and that striking him caused the foreseeable consequence of injury resulting in death?

If you were defending yourself from a violent attack, then no you wouldn't be charged.

If you were the aggressor, then yes, you would be charged.

Similarly, if you were an arresting officer who had to use reasonable levels of force to restrain a drunken, violent suspect, then once again, no you wouldn't be charged.

If anyone else needs ridiculously obvious advice just let me know.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

If anyone else needs ridiculously obvious advice just let me know.

I think you oversimplify your response! Is the aggressor and defender always so clear cut? Have you ever been in a bar fight, or seen the police videos of arrests that get out of hand?

Sometimes a guy gets beat down for screaming, "I'm not doing anything." Is the police officer justified, because the guy wouldn't stop screaming?

I have bumped into someone and spilled their drink on their girlfriend a few times. Sometimes I apologize and buy them a drink, other times I dodge a swing and end up in a fight! Who is the aggressor? I touched them first, and caused "harm," but they threw the first punch, and I "defended" myself?

I personally know of a guy in jail for a very long time over just such an incident! A misunderstanding escalates quickly, a quick but normal fight ensued, and 2 days later an underlying condition caused a catastrophic death. A punch or two was thrown, but that probably wasn't even the cause. The elevated heart-rate of a person losing their temper probably caused more harm than the punches!! Still yet, physically accosting somebody had the foreseeable effect of causing injury and even death, so the was convicted of manslaughter! (Public defender wasn't too good either!)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am sure that his heart rate was not at all affected by the being under the influence, reckless driving, speeding and all while trying to evade the police.

I would think the more important issue here is that luckily the fool did not kill anyone else on the road before he died himself. Not saying he deserved to die but really look at the full report. Is there any doubt his heart rate was up? If he is like a majority of Americans he was also over weight or at least had other health issues pointing to heart conditions that could have added to this.

He only showed signs of a minor struggle; I am not sure how the police are supposed to be guilty here. What exactly did they do wrong?

Raist

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

He only showed signs of a minor struggle; I am not sure how the police are supposed to be guilty here. What exactly did they do wrong?

You missed the point. That wasn't the point.

Fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) is radically under-diagnosed and generally ignored as a disease impacting quality of life. More to the point, FMD normally is NOT listed as a "cause of death" although it can, and does, cause kidney failure, heart failure, stroke and heart attack - and triggers cancer.

With FMD, the symptoms routinely are called the "cause of death."

BUT WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT...... it's hauled out as a "natural cause."

...and the ATS reference thread is there for a reason.

Population Control Bioweapon? Medical Accident? What is Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)?

FMD is now epidemic – nearly 100% of the US population is infected by adulthood. FMD can incubate silently in the body for decades before striking. It is progressive, degenerative and incurable, and is always eventually fatal. It is seldom diagnosed and treated before it becomes life threatening. Early diagnosis and treatment are not covered by insurance. Victims may be disabled mentally or physically for decades before death comes. The FMD epidemic’s effects are far-reaching, impacting individual productivity, the GDP, costs of health care, elder care, Social Security, disability, unemployment, insurance and more.

The disease's origins and effects are being covered up, and nothing is being done to warn the public or deal with the epidemic. The current administration is positioning to lay the blame on today's bioterrorists.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Sorry about that. I am just so used to cop bashing threads here at ATS. I was thinking this was one of those.

I will have to do some reading on this stuff, as this is the first I have heard of it.

Thanks for the info.

Again sorry for the confussion.

Raist

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

You want pig bashing? Ok.

Pigs killing people has become so predictably consistent that it could be considered normal or natural.

Ergo: natural causes.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Sorry about that. ...Thanks for the info.

Again sorry for the confussion.

Raist

No problem. Happens.

FYI. It's absolute BS that the "minor trauma" from the struggle "played no part in his death."

In fact, fibromuscular dysplasia is a disease of the blood vessels - even "minor" trauma can trigger clot formation - the clots created by the trauma can then lodge in the heart and cause a heart attack, or in the brain and cause a stroke.

- sofi

[edit on 27-9-2009 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I hadn't ( read) noticed if he'd already been diagnosed with this condition. People who have illnesses like these and don't change their high risk behaviors are putting others at risk in addition to drinking and driving. Seems almost suicidal to me, but what else is new. People sometimes drink as a preferred method of self medication.

No doubt there only needs to be a select few of these cases to draw a lot attention to it by alleged excessive force.

BUT, I've seen quite a few videos on these take downs ( for the camera?)and it almost always appears excessive like some football game tackle.

I think anyone with life threatening conditions who might wear a bracelet, should also have an electronic bracelet to alert officers and paramedics.

There definitely needs to be a major change in protocal in making arrests when someone is likely or otherwise unarmed.

The public also needs to be trained, in particular as drivers.

I would think anyone who's driving their own vehicle would have some type of alert code attached to their registrations or license plate number.

There's always room for improvement and not just pointing fingers at people trained to do their job. It's NOT Mayberry RFD out there, but we could take some lessons.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

All I will say in response to you is that you are part of the problem.

Raist

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Right. It's not murder by government enforcers that's the problem. It's me accurately describing it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That is why you always tell someone that attacks you loudly so others can hear that they are under citizens arrest before you fight back.

It only takes a second and it helps protects you from later charges.

And in some cases it will add charges to the attacker.

And you may even get your ass kicked worse.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It is your attitude toward the whole thing.

Here I’ll say it simple for you.

It takes two sides to make things go wrong constantly. Again you are part of the problem. You do not hate people for their occupation, you hate them for wh. they are.

There are bad people in all occupations not just cops (cops, police, and law enforcement the correct terms).

Raist

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this one.

It reeks of "excited delirium" killing tazer victims.... also presented - when convenient - as a potential 'natural' cause of death.

The problem is that the authorities that are in charge of such declarations haven't lost anyone near and dear to them to said cause under similar circumstances..., when it does happen it becomes 'noteworthy' as a long-ignored issue.

Some encounters with law enforcement personnel are bound to end badly... but when nature is invoked as the 'coincidental' cause you have to wonder about the 'nature' of such coincidences.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I don't hate anybody no matter what they are or do. I won't flinch from pointing out when they're doing wrong however. It's obvious that what's going on in 'law enforcement' is much more than a few bad apples. The out of control abuse of power has become institutionalized. Don't make me post the thousands of examples that are out there.

And my attitude is a problem? Who the hell do you think you are?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes it is, and yes you are showing hate toward all of them. You are generalizing which is completely wrong. In most areas around here you might have a few bad cops but most are decent people wanting to make a difference. Some areas are worse than others where nearly a whole department are corrupt other towns might have only a few cops with all of them being good people.

Your calling them pigs shows your attitude and why it is wrong. You can easily say the bad cops or make it clear that you are only talking about the bad ones. If you come off with an attitude toward a good cop you can make a situation worse. You might walk away with a ticket they were not intending to issue if you have an attitude of calling them pigs. Or you could come across a true bad cop and end up hurting and in jail over such an attitude.

So yes again your attitude is wrong.

Raist

join