It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Muscle Will Show in G-20 City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Do we have any cases of the Guard terrorizing the people of Pittsburgh? I would be more worried about the police, homeland security and the secret service terrorizing people.

To me the the G-20 summit and the protesters have been more disruptive than anything the Guard could do. The G-20 need to have their summits somewhere else like a small island in the Caribbean or the Pacific.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

From what I saw on CNN these are 2500 National Guard MPs, so it shouldn't be active duty federal troops. As long as thats the case it shouldn't be a big problem.

Okay, this helps a 'little'. If they are indeed the national guard for that state then it is borderline. Why? Because I thought they were to be used in cases of local emergencies like flooding, rioting, etc. Now, if they said they were using local and other area police first but had the national guard on call, then I wouldn't have ANY issue at all with this.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The G-20 had a perfect place to have a summitt with the other 160 some odd nations of the world it's called the United Nations, where in a shameless display a fair portion of the nations yesterday can't even be bothered to listen to one another's speeches to better understand and bridge the caps between their different positions.

The United Nations was built for the very purpose of the Leaders of the World coming together in a safe environment designed for their security.

Here is maybe what you don't see or don't want to acknowledge most of these same charachters were in New York yesterday at the General Assembly.

Was the National Guard roaming the streets of New York to protect them all?

Nope just another day in the Big Apple.

The G-20 is in fact the demonstrating orginization that targets various cities around the globe to in fact invite protest and to use that protest to discredit what is being protested.

Which member of the G-20 is from Pittsburgh?

For that matter which member of the G-20 was even born in the United States!

Ouch that had to hurt!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more. They should set up a single location. But then another 'Bilderberg' like conspiracy will arise from that.

Oh, and as long as it was a completely independant island, no national jurisdiction.

Edit to add: The previous post kind of destroys this thought. WE ALREADY HAVE A SINGLE LOCATION! *smacks self in the forehead*

[edit on 24-9-2009 by dariousg]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The feds have had plenty of time until now to infiltrate many of these protesting groups with their own assets. Perhaps they know more about what is planned than you or me.

On the other hand, this could be a very large test/training excercise of a system that has been in the planning stages for some time.

I'll let it play out.

Happy protesting.

To those who have been stocking up on honey buckets to throw at the cops, be prepared.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

I couldn't agree with you more. They should set up a single location. But then another 'Bilderberg' like conspiracy will arise from that.

Oh, and as long as it was a completely independant island, no national jurisdiction.

Once again they already have a suitable location it's called the United Nations.

Clearly what you aren't accepting is that the G-20 itself considers the United Nations to be an innefectual body.

The G-20 is just a slightly more politically acceptable and respectful to other nations version of the G-8.

The G-8 is just a slight adjustment to the G-7 who really are the ones calling the shots.

The United Nations should be where these things are being discussed and it should be ALL the Leaders of the World involved.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I went through the checkpoints this morning with no problem. Other than having to park 10 miles away and take the bus in I have no complaints.........yet.

I thought that encouraging illegal activity was against ATS's TOS? Calling for riots? Moron.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The feds have had plenty of time until now to infiltrate many of these protesting groups with their own assets. Perhaps they know more about what is planned than you or me.

On the other hand, this could be a very large test/training excercise of a system that has been in the planning stages for some time.

I'll let it play out.

Happy protesting.

To those who have been stocking up on honey buckets to throw at the cops, be prepared.

The Feds infiltrate these orginizations to simply cause mayhem to discredit the causes that they protest.

The G-20 is basically just a roving mob itself that invites protest by how it roves for no real purpose.

They do this specifically to invite protest, to then manipulate that protest so it turns violent, to turn people against not just the protesters but the message of the protest and to discredit it and to give legitimacy to their own warped policies.

Has the G-20, G-8, or G-7 improved the quality of your life much with their policies?

Look around you friend.

See things for what they are. The G-20 stages theatre to discredit the intelligent people of the world and to slander the truth for their own nefarious profit and gain.

The world is a mess, on the verge of economic collapse and a third world war and we are really looking to the people that screwed it up to that point to fix it?

In Pittsburgh?

Please!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
And the summer of rage begins to develop. Who are they protecting hmmmm? It surely isnt the people of Pittsburg, no they're protecting the dogs of war and death. We know what they have done and what they are doing and WE ARE PISSED and its gonna show sooner or later its gonna come out. The elite will cower in their bunkers and anarchy will rule...hell on earth is coming.
"I know your works,tribulation and poverty(but you are rich); and I KNOW the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not,but are a synagogue of satan.

Generals gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more. The G 20 is a joke just like the UN. Therefore, I've got fatter fish to fry than to worry about the G20.

The G-20 has no impact on my local economy. The G 20 is not going to revive the housing market nor will they bring back the countless number of companies who have permanently shuttered their businesses.

I am concerned with the domestic issues that concern me and the well being of my family and friends.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

This is about the size of it nickoli, thankfully some people are both peaceful and wise enough to call it what it is...

A COVEN

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The list of the G20

In 2009, there are 20 members of the G-20. These include the finance ministers and central bank governors of 19 countries:[2]

Argentina: President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner
Australia: Prime Minister Kevin Rudd
Brazil: President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
Canada: Prime Minister Stephen Harper
China: President Hu Jintao
France: President Nicolas Sarkozy
Germany: Chancellor Angela Merkel
India: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
Indonesia: President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
Italy: Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi
Japan: Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
Mexico: President Felipe Calderón
Russia: President Dmitry Medvedev
Saudi Arabia: King Abdullah
South Africa: President Jacob Zuma
South Korea: President Lee Myung-bak
Turkey: Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
United Kingdom: Prime Minister Gordon Brown
United States: President Barack Obama

Actually most of the countries are nothing than parasites sucking the livelihood of America throught globalization policies, unfair trade agreements, out sourcing and protection from WTO, all are affecting our nations economic recovery and growth, none of them have any desire to see Americas prosper but to keep degrating and us the consumers their slaves.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have but one star to give you marg6043 but it is a highly deserved one!

That's a great addition of information both in content and editorial, decent people who crave a quality of life where real opportunities are fairl available for people who want to work hard and succeed at something are available.

What these people work hard at is making sure that they aren't available and that bottom lines grow at the expense of the worker, and the unemployed worker, that became unemployed to improve bottom lines.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I hope there isn't any violence,but the record of G-20 meetings show that violence may take place,be that from protesters of heavy handed policing or both.
Thing is,when a city spends so much on security for an event,its almost in their favor if riots do start-they are then able to justify the cost of the extra security for the next meeting.
We had them attempt to pull that trick on London a while back,when the turned a minority of rioters into target practice for police batons,and the entire rest of the protesters who were non violent were treated like rioters,pushed and beaten just for sitting down in many cases,at the climate camp.
They have to make the heavy police presence seem justifiable-best way,induce a riot and then squash it to say you saved the day...

Back to Pittsburgh-does anyone know if they have deployed the LRADs(sonic cannons)yet?
If a riot breaks out we may see these used I think-would that be the first time they are used in the US?I wonder how any protesters would react to those.

Has anyone thought that the G-20 may include a possible false flag scenario?
I was just thinking that TPTB may try something,(away from the G-20 venue of course)to demonize the anti globalist/anti NWO types.
A small bomb or similar in the city,blamed on anti globalists would help to justify the extra security,and make the anti globalists Americas latest Bogeyman figures maybe?

Heres hoping that does not happen though.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Friend I truly believe why they hold these meetings in non-relevant less than secure environments is for the very purpose of creating demonstrations that can be manipulated to get out of hand and discredit the message of the demonstrators by discrediting the messenger!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I thought personal attacks were too.

Moron

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Okay i will retract my earlier statement.

I don't want to see riots in Pitsburgh.

You all sit on your backsides and do nothing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Friend I can appreciate your frustrations with the state of today's world we live in, and your true and legitimate concern about the people that comprise the G-20.

Yet sadly the only thing riots will do is discredit the causes as the media paints them to be undisciplined rabble incapable of civilized debate and discourse.

The revolution needs to come through evolution and people not falling into the traps that are laid for them but instead to stop participating in they system itself.

If every one the world over who worked for a Corporate paycheck, a large global corporation paycheck just stopped showing up for work and no one tried to apply for those jobs...

Ouch!

If people stopped flying airlines and purchasing from big corporate stores

Ouch!

If people just parked their cars and left them in the driveway and walked.

Ocuh!

If you want to really hurt someone you don't hit them over the head you hurt them where it hurts most, the wallet!

You don't have to hit them over the head either to take their wallet, you just have to stop GIVING THEM MONEY TO PUT IN IT!

Evolution not revolution will change the world, otherwise the new bosses will end up in short order just like the old bosses which is why nothing really changes through revolution...things change through evolution.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Indeed you are correct.

I was being a bit rash with my earlier post.

I don't want to see riots.

Peaceful protests yes.

I suppose i should take heed of Martin Luther King, especially considering i have a quote of his in my signature.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Indeed you are correct.

I was being a bit rash with my earlier post.

I don't want to see riots.

Peaceful protests yes.

I suppose i should take heed of Martin Luther King, especially considering i have a quote of his in my signature.

Let them protest all they want, I have no problem with that. So far it seems to be a pretty tame crowd. Right now the local news is saying that there is about 5000 protestors. They were expecting 15-20 thousand. Someone is saying that the protestors can't make it because they don't have enough money due to the bad economy. ROFLMAO!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join