It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Muscle Will Show in G-20 City

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Thanks for sharing that Mike Russell US!

A picture is worth a thousand words!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I can only say, "incredible" America looks like dictatorship already, the tactical vehicles look like from private security firms I imagine that the private interest in the nation are paying private firms for the protections of their personal foreign interest.

Indeed this is not longer the America I grew up with as a child, when the people were in charge and not private interest and their pimps and whores in Washington.

All I can say is just "incredible"

[edit on 24-9-2009 by marg6043]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Isn't it funny how they try so hard to make it look like they aren't really military vehicles but the truth is that my Original Post article comes from Militay.com and is interviewing the military officials who clearly state that these are military assetts.

Makes you wonder why our own military illegally patrolling the streets tries to make it look like it's not our own military, like Wackenhut sent these things out instead?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It could be that the military are lying about the private security firms patrolling, after all firms like backwater can used military vehicles that are altered for private used, the look like military but they are not really military.

I thing our government have given them that power.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

From what I saw on CNN these are 2500 National Guard MPs, so it shouldn't be active duty federal troops. As long as thats the case it shouldn't be a big problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It could be that the military are lying about the private security firms patrolling, after all firms like backwater can used military vehicles that are altered for private used, the look like military but they are not really military.

I thing our government have given them that power.

Agreed Marge very much like this past seaon of '24' where Military Mercanary Firms had been granted so much power and public funds to help a 'war strapped' America, that they became a power unto themselves in their own right from a policy making standpoint.

It's funny in a way how Hollywood puts so much in our face that we ignore.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
These G20 summits have a history of violence in the streets. All eyes are now on Pittsburgh and the US as the host city and nation. A large scale military presence is to be expected. Business owners are boarding up their storefronts in anticipation of trouble. Rightfully so.

The G20 protesters are not your average run of the mill citizens like we saw on 9/12 or 4/15. These protesters are professionals for lack of a better term. This is what they live for and confrontation is what they thrive on.

Tension is high and a lot of buttons will be pushed to illicit a variety of responses from the police and the protesters alike. This is what they do. They travel with gas masks and identity concealing hoods for a reason.

As a nation, we have always watched at a very safe distance with an ocean between us and the nations that have hosted the G20 in the past. We watched on TV as protest violence ensued on the streets of a foreign nation.

Now it is in our front yard for all to see and criticize. The citizens of Pittsburgh are a proud and hard working class of people. They want nothing more than to be proud of their city.

Let's just hope that it stays civil.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
All i can say is i hope this protesters kick up such a storm.

I want to watch the news tonight and see riots in Pittsburgh.

I want Americans to stand up.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

From what I saw on CNN these are 2500 National Guard MPs, so it shouldn't be active duty federal troops. As long as thats the case it shouldn't be a big problem.

Here is the problem friend Mike, there is no Emergency to call out the National Guard. This is an insult by the government both to the Pittsburgh local Law, Fire and Rescue orginizations that are being made to look incompetent as to being unequal to the task of 'protecting' a 200 hundred odd foreign dignitaries and to those dignitaries own 'security' personnel that travel with them. But it's most insulting to the people of Pittsburgh to suggest that these dignitaries have something to fear by being there in the way of the local citizens or the local Emergency personell when in reality the only people who ever need such heavy handed and vissible security are DICTATORS inside of DICTATORSHIPS.

Take the hood off Mike, it might be blurring your view a bit. This is the United States of America not Somalia or some other war torn country where private armies roam the streets. Americans don't traditionally and have never before lived in this kind of 'fear' and 'mistrust' or have a need for such extensive security.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

What are we going to tell our kids about this time we are in? What are they going to ask, when they have to go to education centers, for the Dear Leader?

This has gotten disgusting.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The Miami Police Department succesfully handled G-20 protests a few years ago all on their own.

In fact the Cheif of Police rode his bicycle back and forth between demonstration sites with a bullhorn asking all protestors to remain calm and law abiding. There was minimal trouble and the local City of Miami Police Department which only has a few thousand officers easily handled the situation, very little property damage occurred and there was no significant violence or deaths.

So the reality is NO the National Guard, U.S. Military or Private Security firms really aren't needed.

Just good local law enforcement that know their own streets and people better than anyone else. Who also have a much greater vested interest in keeping the peace in a peaceful and professional way!

This is America, not Darfur.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

It is against the law to incite Riots so I can not endorse or condone this statement as an American

However it is not against the law for people to protest the scum of the earth that have invaded Pittsburgh to weave their tales of lies, lies, and more lies while they scheme like demonic tyrants dressed in Kingly guise!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Maybe its just not as disturbing to me. To me as long as the State Governor is in command of those Guard units then it doesn't really bother me.

Consider my state for example, we had Guard troops in New Orleans for three years. Three years makes three days look like nothing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

You obviously don't live in Pittsburgh. If you want a riot so bad, start one in your own home town and see how far you get.

Americans will stand up when the time is right. Doing so at a G20 Summit accomplishes nothing for our cause. The beef that most Americans have right now is with our own government and with our elected representatives in DC. The will of the people is no longer being represented in our capital.

The vast majority of Americans can't relate to these pro protesters in Pittsburgh. They are rising up for a totally different cause.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well i don't even live in America.

When the time is right???

It's long over due!

It should have happened about 6 years ago.

When exactly is the right time?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I agree that Miami was a great example of success. However, our nation has changed greatly since then. Just look at how the mood on ATS has changed over those years.

Our nation is at the tipping point right now and the govt. clearly knows this. They are trying to squelch any problems before they happen with a show of force. Is it right? Only time will tell. I have no doubt that the local authority in Pittsburgh can handle things.

All it takes is a few people to get the ball rolling when the crowds get large and the passions grow intense. Just study the European Soccer riots of the 80's. Those erupted between rival fans. There is far more at stake now than just two teams in a soccer match.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Had there been a competent Governor of Louisianna and a competent Mayor of New Orleans and a political body of politicians and commissioners inside of New Orleans to maintain the levies instead of enriching themselves by 'not' maintaining the levies, there would have been no need for the National Guard for one day.

The U.S. Secret Service has taken control of the law enforcement operations in Pittsburgh along with the U.S. Military.

Further Mike there has once again been no Hurricane and I live in Miami and been through quite a few of them and know a bit about them both from a logistical planning standpoint and clean up.

There is no Emergency to warrant putting MILITARY ASSETTS ON U.S. STREETS TO TERRORIZE CITIZENS AND DISTRUPT DAY TO DAY LIFE.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That is an absolute falsehood my friend. PEOPLE have not changed since UR over 6,000 years ago. The basic principles of this nation have not changed not even it's principals have changed as far as the corporate government.

Cheif Timmony rode his bicycle (hard for the Greenpeace crowd to get angry about that) from one scene to another dressed in police shorts and a polo shirt as were most of his officers.

Build it and they will come.

Come loaded for bear, expect to attract one and someone to rise to the challenge.

Come loaded for peace and well hate to break it to you everyone the world over loves flowers, hugs, and love!

This type of unconstitutional heavy handed police state display by our own Government only invites the very response they supposedly want to 'guard' against.

I reject that America or it's citizens need to live in fear, or should ever give creedence to the fear mongerers who in the name of security make us all less secure in every despotic unconstitutional action.

If the Government straightened up and flew straight, if the Corporations straightened up and flew straight, neither the Government nor the Corporations nor the brainwashed fear inspired masses would have anything to fear.

As an American who was born in Pittsburgh, and grew up in the region, and know and still know the people this is an UNACCEPTABLE INSULT.

This is tyranny, and real Americans aren't afraid to speak the truth!

Real Americans don't walk their own streets in fear.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Actually America took a turn for the worst in 1782 friend at Versailles when the founders agreed to rip up the Articles of Confederation for the world's creditors who in fact still owned the colonies and most everything and everyone in them at that time, and still own them today.

But we did have a grand few years between 1776 and 1782!

Thanks for remembering. In reality it's about 2027 years past due.

Desopots and tyrants take on quite a few guises you know!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
"We don't want people to overreact. Don't be alarmed, because it's just part of the overall public safety effort," he said.

maybe he's telling the truth, maybe they're planning to really do something for the safety of the public........ like using all that military gear to take out 20 megalomaniacal scumbags.

Since when does the Constitution not protect the scumbags of this nation as well? What are the police for? Seriously? You are supporting the use of the MILITARY in our own nation? Which is, if I am not mistaken, AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join