It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Muscle Will Show in G-20 City

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The end result of all this is going to be a whole bunch of civil law sues against the city, police and federal government base on civil right violations.

I am all for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Wow, what the hell is going on?

That isn't America.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

We are the Borg, resistance is futile, your life as it has been is over. From this time forward, you will service us.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Wow, what the hell is going on?

That isn't America.

It's almost impossible to believe there were real flesh and blood human beings underneath those uniforms, at least ones that haven't been altered or brainwashed by some form of insideous and evil mind control.

I am literally in shock. I can't believe we have fallen this far.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That is what 50 years of apathy does to a country my friend.

2 sides of the same coin. We see them as the enemy because we view them as taking away our freedom and beating us down. They see us as the enemy because we threaten the "normal" life that the lead and want to continue leading.

It's not brainwashing in the science-fiction sense, it's merely the fact that Normality has become perverted to the will of those in power, and we the freedom seekers are now the outcasts. It's always been that way, at the end of a fading empire. France fired on its own citizens too, towards the end of its own regime, despite the gunners being related to those in the mob.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
All the protesters should have just sat on the floor and started singing or something or maybe they should have all stood in a line facing the police and started laughing and pointing.

Probably wouldn't achieve much but.....credit to the guy with mega phone but could the police even hear him. He should have singled out individual policemen when talking to them. Speak directly to them, when he was saying about their families etc.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

The power of a steady paycheck meets and intersects with might makes right.

I pity them in a way that they are so lost in the illusion of what they do that they can no longer see it for what it is.

It's hard to believe that anyone could be come so delusional yet that is after all why they make them uniform.

Tis a sad thing though.

I sure hope something good comes out of all this madness.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

They have declared war on us true Americans and its about time something be done about it. This is disgusting. I wish the protesters would have beat the fire out of those police who are blatantly abusing their power and trampling on the rights of the Americans there.

Its time the Militias stand up and chase these NAZI scumbags out of our country.

Man that ticks me off, Let them try that crap down here in the south and see how far they get with that one.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Perhaps you can find in your hart to understand my point of view but if you don't I will not be mad a you any more.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by marg6043]

I was never mad Marg
Debate is a good thing. That's how we all come together in the end. Sorry I did not respond sooner.

I'm caught up on the news now and I see there were many peaceful protests that I can support even if my views differ. The authorities did not bother them, only the violent ones were arrested.

I will never oppose peaceful protest no matter if I agree or not.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Military Muscle Will Show in G-20 City

www.military.com

September 24, 2009
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Traffic in Pittsburgh's skies, streets and rivers will have a different look today and Friday as military helicopters, gunboats and armored vehicles stand ready for emergencies related to the Group of 20 economic summit.

It's nothing to panic over, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said.

"We don't want people to overreact. Don't be alarmed, because it's just part of the overall public safety effort," he said.

The use of Chinook transport helicopters and armored Humvees is routine for an event of this stature, according to retired Army Gen. W
(visit the link for the full news article)

Anytime there is a large gathering of world leaders, there is a huge buildup of military and security forces.

Moving a group of world leaders is no small task. Each one has it's own entourage and security. And also descending on the city are are thousands of reporters, protestors, support staff and lunatics..... all immersing with the people of Pittsburgh.

So yes, the Pittsburgh Police Dept is not large enough to simultaneously handle this event and protect the city of Pittsburgh to their normal capacity.

Whether or not I agree with these leader's politics is irrelevant, the fact is that the G summits are HUGE events that require the work of thousands of people to make them run smoothly. Each one of those leaders receives death threats regularly and the summit is a prime target for terrorists... so they damn well better have the military out.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Facefirst]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

Anytime there is a large gathering of world leaders, there is a huge buildup of military and security forces.

Moving a group of world leaders is no small task. Each one has it's own entourage and security. And also descending on the city are are thousands of reporters, protestors, support staff and lunatics..... all immersing with the people of Pittsburgh.

So yes, the Pittsburgh Police Dept is not large enough to simultaneously handle this event and protect the city of Pittsburgh to their normal capacity.

Whether or not I agree with these leader's politics is irrelevant, the fact is that the G summits are HUGE events that require the work of thousands of people to make them run smoothly. Each one of those leaders receives death threats regularly and the summit is a prime target for terrorists... so they damn well better have the military out.

Thats why it was stupid for them to leave the U.N. and disturb a whole city again. They do this crap on purpose, Make the citizens look bad for protesting and rub it in our faces by calling everyone anarchist.

My government can be rest assured that they have turned this American into one pissed off Anarchist now!! The point we are making is that they have no dam right to tell us Americans that we can not peacefully protest or speak our minds when and where we want. Its our right granted to us by the Constitution and yet they push us around and rub our rights in our faces.

The time for being nice to these traitors is over, PERIOD!!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Sky watcher]

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Sky watcher]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Facefirst

Let me clue you in on something. When they really need to meet in a secure location. They do it on an AIR CRAFT CARRIER!

They hold SIX THOUSAND PEOPLE, I think they can hold an extra 20 of the world's worst criminals and a battle group of ships in convoy which is already sailing WITHOUT EXTRA EXPENSE OR DISTRUBTION TO THE TAX PAYERS is as MILITARY as you can get.

This is how leaders met in World War II when the WHOLE WORLD WAS AT WAR.

When they need to be extra, extra secure THEY MEET ON SUBMARINES UNDER POLAR ICE CAPS.

Those ships hold FIVE HUNDRED PEOPLE and can accomodate 20 of the worlds most notorious and evil CRIMINALS.

Turning a major U.S. Metropolitan City's downton into an off limits 'SECURITY ZONE' ....in fact THREE SQUARE MILES OF IT, when 20 PEOPLE WILL FIT IN ONE ROOM, is an arrogant abuse of power and tax payers funds.

Turning SONIC WEAPONS, RUBBER BULLETS, and TEAR GAS on the citizens of that down in the process IS CRIMINAL AND HIGH TREASON!

Don't be a sheeple, find your self some pride and dignity for pity's sake, stop advocating for the despots and criminals of the world!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

From Dan Majors

10:20 p.m.

Police have charged a 21-year-old California man with causing most of the damage during the two-day G-20 summit in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh police Chief Nate Harper tonight said David Japenga was taken into custody shortly after 11 p.m. Thursday after police witnessed him breaking businesses' windows during a protest along Forbes Avenue in Oakland.

Chief Harper said Mr. Japenga, who at first refused to give his name, then gave the false name of Eric Blair, broke more than 20 storefront windows and glass doors, including $20,000 worth of windows at Citizens Bank on Craig Street in Oakland. He was single-handedly responsible, Chief Harper said, for most of the $50,000 in damage done during summit protests.

Mr. Japenga was charged with felony criminal mischief, instruments of a crime, and providing false identification. Chief Harper said Mr. Japenga was not living in Pittsburgh and had come into the city for the summit.

Sep 26 2009
Police release OC gas in Oakland
More police have arrived in Schenley Plaza and ordered people on the corner of Bigelow and Forbes to leave the area and released OC gas and used a Long Range Acoustic Device, designed to break up crowds with a piercing noise.

Around 400 people have gathered, and police are prepared for another confrontation.

Police in full riot gear have surrounded the plaza and are blocking the traffic on Bigelow.

K-9 units and more police in riot gear have arrived in Schenley Plaza, and are surrounding the protesters and students gathered in the park.

Sep 26 2009
Police order Oakland crowd to disperse
From Vivian Nereim

10:50 p.m.

Police released canisters of OC gas into a crowd of mostly students on the corner of Bigelow and Forbes. Students are running away from the area, and a sonic device is being employed by police in riot gear.

Everyone has been ordered to disperse.

"If you do not disperse, you may be arrested," an officer said. "By order of the Pittsburgh police, I hereby declare this an unlawful assembly."

Traffic is still at a standstill and backed up for blocks on Forbes Avenue.

Sep 26 2009
Police fire smoke grenades in Oakland
From Vivian Nereim

10:55 p.m.

Police have fired smoke grenades and what seems to be more OC gas into the air on the corner of Forbes and Bigelow.

There is still a large crowd of students gathered, though many are trying to leave and screaming.

The crowd has been pushed back on Forbes about half a block.
Several students are running away, coughing.

Sep 26 2009
Police moving crowd down Forbes
From Vivian Nereim

11:10 p.m.

Some of the protesters and students are taunting the police line that has advanced down Forbes Avenue toward Bouquet Street.

"How do you feel shooting students?" a protester yelled.

"We're not doing anything. I don't understand what's going on," said Lauren George, a Pitt senior who said she came outside to see what was happening. She said she was tear gassed and became ill and vomited last night while standing outside Fuel and Fuddle, waiting for a table.

Sep 26 2009
About 40 arrested in Oakland
From Moriah Balingit

11:20 p.m.

Police in Oakland corralled about 40 people, told them to lie down on the lawn between Heinz Chapel and the Cathedral of Learning on Pitt's campus and arrested them.

Sep 26 2009
More police SWAT arrive in Oakland
From Vivian Nereim

11:40 p.m.

A police line four or five officers deep has advanced down Fifth to Bigelow. They have fired more OC gas, causing students who are still gathered outside to run.

More police have arrived, including several SWAT teams, and their perimeter is widening as far up as Ohara Street.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Out-of-town police have kind words for Pittsburgh
Saturday, September 26, 2009
By Jerome L. Sherman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Patrolman Patrick Scullin, a police officer from the Cleveland suburbs and an avid Browns fan, found himself patrolling yesterday on Pittsburgh's North Side, home of the hated Steelers.

"It hurts," he said with a chuckle.

But he quickly acknowledged his admiration for the Steelers' hometown.

"It's a beautiful city," he said, still clad in his riot control gear after helping with policing for the People's March from Oakland.

"Actually, it's a lot nicer than Cleveland."

Patrolman Scullin was one of 10 officers with the Westshore Enforcement Bureau and thousands of out-of-town police who came to Pittsburgh this week to help secure the city during the G-20 summit.

Most officers worked 12-hour shifts and were on call the rest of the time for emergencies, meaning few newcomers had a chance to sightsee.

But Maj. Dale Greene, of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department in North Carolina, found time to go to a Pirates game Tuesday night. Like many first-time visitors, he was more impressed by his surroundings than by the team's performance.

"You have a beautiful stadium," he said.

Charlotte, which sent 44 officers to Pittsburgh for the summit, routinely assists with major events in other cities, including the January inauguration of President Barack Obama in Washington and the recovery in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

Maj. Greene said his officers planned to start the nine-hour drive back home last night, and he was hoping to arrive by 5 a.m. today.

The Pittsburgh Police Bureau has about 900 officers, and Chief Nate Harper has said he wanted to have as many as 4,000 officers on hand for the summit. The Pennsylvania State Police sent 1,200 troopers, and more than 40 other agencies contributed personnel.

Pittsburgh police Assistant Chief William Bochter said the visiting and local officers operated as a "cohesive unit."

"I'm very proud of the officers," he said. "They've shown tremendous restraint and tremendous professionalism."

The feelings of respect were mutual for Lt. Les Fetterman of Erie.

"Pittsburgh police and Pittsburgh SWAT are some of the best guys I've ever worked with," he said. "They're very well prepared."

He and his 22 fellow Erie police officers slept in an empty school during their off hours and didn't have any time to enjoy themselves.

"It's all business."

Some locals tried to ease the burden.

Tom Hardy, general manager of the Sheraton Station Square, said a number of hotel employees camped out on the premises for the summit and decided to make the meals they were preparing for themselves available to police officers. By midday yesterday, they were feeding some 300 police and National Guardsmen at no charge.

At the corner of Fifth Avenue and William Penn Place in the afternoon, a Baltimore man decided to serenade two dozen police officers parked on motorcycles, including a few from his hometown.

"Born to be wild!" he crooned through a megaphone, prompting at least one officer to break with the serious demeanor and laugh.

The vocalist, sporting a scraggly gray beard and a ragged Army green vest, called himself Vermin Supreme.

"I like to sing to cops," he said.

It was hard to tell if the police were fans. They roared down Fifth Avenue as soon as Mr. Supreme finished his somewhat atonal performance.

Dan Majors contributed to this report. Jerome L. Sherman can be reached at [email protected] or 412-263-1183.

Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hi Proto,

I am so incredibly angry watching the videos, and as You pointed out, what kind of "thing" is beneath that riot gear?

I realize the economic depression is on purpose. I realize it is taking a toll on the small percentage of those "lords in black", but they ignore their inner self crying out to help their fellow People. They stand by stomping their feet, and billy clubs into their shields; while knowingly letting their humanity go out the door for a few dimes of fiat currency.

I've said it before on here, but the comments have been yanked for whatever reason; I'll say it again. These Po-lice will be hunted down in the future as minions of the NWO; they will be tried for war crimes, and crimes against humanity. They will be the new Nazi's; as We see them hunted now as old men. What these po-lice are doing is trading their humanity for temporary security.

When the time comes, and the NWO is gone, I will volunteer my time to find, and out the stormtroopers that believe they can integrate back into the very society they helped destroy; to ensure they see their day in the Hague. Am I wrong Proto?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If protesters want to make a point, why not work smarter and not harder? What do I mean by this? 500 of them on foot could make a scene, and they just might get news coverage. But imagine if 500 could organize while motorized? That's right, driving side by side and a few rows across, and a few columns front to back, locked in formation at 10MPH (and blocking the shoulders)... They could choke all traffic approaching and leaving a city. Now imagine a 5+ hour traffic jam created in protest. I believe that would get noticed. Not just for the inconvienience, but also for the economic impact. (People showing up late to work, etc.)

Not that I'd endorse it, and yeah it sounds pretty rotten (especially if your someone who'd have a messed up commute), but that would be one heck of a way to make a point. My guess is the protesters aren't ticked enough to become organized enough to pull such a stunt off. (yet) (Oh... Didn't truckers or farmers in France do this a good while back? I believe it actually worked for them.)

Sooner or later protesters may even organize enough to utilize technology to their means. As individuals they may lack funds, but with money pooling they could bring some parity to the playing field. If they can get some of the right "automotive competition grade" speakers, combine that with amplifiers, and have somebody build the right acoustic enclosure, they too can have directional loudspeakers that reach miles. Thus they could make themselves heard from well outside the secured perimeter. (And if somebody trys to disperse them with acoustic devices, they could return the favor with the latest catchy tune from one of their iPods at the same if not louder decibel level.) Yet again, this would require a degree of planning and organization that is still lacking.

Also look how scared some people were of blinkenlights a few years back in Boston. And that was just a stupid promotional stunt, rather than a real statement. A lot of harmless junk apparently seems too threatening to those with reason to be paranoid. Maybe it's considered too troublesome legally, but it's definitely a possible exploit of the system.

And again, none of this implies any violence or outright destruction of property. It is quite possible to use disruptive technology quite disruptively when older protest methods fail. Even something as unorthodox as a flash-mob involving people with cans of shaving cream could make one heck of a statement, provided there is some apt creativity involved.

It sucks that the first amendment has been curtailed and loopholed to some degree. So there should be a workaround to compensate. Instead of protesting when expected, I think there could be more impact if it started happening randomly. (At least randomly to those outside the know.) There would be no time for counters and restrictions to be emplaced. Then instead of seeing it only as a group A vs. group B issue, they might even have to address the problem being brought to light.

Maybe I'm crazy for saying it. It seems like if you want to play the game, one isn't going to win by playing head-on with heavy vs. heavy. Money only makes it lopsided against the little guy. Instead play by Rodger Rabbit rules (leaves them in a constant state of
), and then they'll have trouble coping.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by pauljs75]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It's almost impossible to believe there were real flesh and blood human beings underneath those uniforms, at least ones that haven't been altered or brainwashed by some form of insideous and evil mind control.

This is a good thing.

It might seem horrible now, but this is a propaganda coup for the good guys.
Furthermore, these activities in this period of time are an opportunity for the bad guys to reveal their complicity and engage in activities for which they will be prosecuted in the future.

People have difficulty shooting/beating each other when they can see their target's face and can recognize another human in that target. This has been a problem that the militaries of the world work to overcome with training and indoctrination.

By dehumanizing themselves, and acting like robots; they will make it easier for the Constitutionalists to do what needs to be done. I'd also add that one of the reasons for the paramilitaries using equipment which hides their faces - is so they cannot see the emotions of their fellows as they oppress and brutalize the Citizenry. It is effective in the short-run, but in the end it will work to OUR advantage.

The fact that the paramilitaries are dressing like the villains from the films which Americans have been watching their whole lives will not help. In some sense, Americans have been indoctrinated against these types.

It is getting easier to tell who the bad guys are. And that is a reality which Citizens will be taking advantage of soon enough.

Remember: Everyone involved in the Coup has had their role and extent of their complicity documented thoroughly - it will be readily accessible when the time comes. Every politician, officer, soldier or contractor involved will get their day in court.

The upcoming trials will last for years, maybe even as long as the Coup itself.

*You can laugh now - but just 'member you heard this here first.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

That's a point.

Why didn't they just stay at the UN building instead of all the hassle of travelling to Pittsburgh and causing uproar.

Just what was the point?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Larry King interview with Ahmadinejad

A great part is when King asks Ahmadinejad about the protests in Iran and the police brutality and Ahmadinejad responds with, "Have you heard the news from Pittsburgh?"

Owned.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Sky watcher

That's a point.

Why didn't they just stay at the UN building instead of all the hassle of travelling to Pittsburgh and causing uproar.

Just what was the point?

They had four main objectives in selecting Pittsburgh.
1. It is an old colonial city home to a couple of the most preeminent powers that be. Principally the Cargnegies and Mellons and to a lesser extent the Heinz family. Having the world's corporate governments heads pay homage to them flatters their ego.

2.They wished to test some of their new control weapons and tools and to gauge their effectiveness principally the sonic cannon devices.

3.Beacuse protestors will cause some minor vandalism and cause fear and apprehension in the minds and hearts of most law abiding citizens the messages and causes that the protestors champion or in large part discredited as through media manipulation and how the story is presented the protestors appear to be villians and a danger to law and order, thus their messages and causes must be wrong and a danger to the public and that the government wants do and does protect the law abiding people from these forces to the greatest extent that it can, thus reassuring the law abiding that their oppressors are not oppressors but saviors worthy of minding and following.

4.To demoralize and frustrate those who speak out for true change and hope and are prepared to actively champion those causes. In availing themselves of the opportunity to present and use their overwhelming force in dispraportianate response to protest it is a premeditated effort to demonstrate resistence as being futile and to discourage the prospect.

There is a fifth possible reason why Pittsburgh was selected and that is because where the Three Rivers meet at the Point of the Golden Triangle (an illuminati like pyramid) is a fourth underground river that feeds the Point's fountain. Native American lore and spirituality believes that when four rivers meet (representing the four ellements to life) it is a portal to the astral plane and other dimensions. I can not say this is true or that it played any bearing in why Pittsburgh was selected I can only say this was the geographical location I myself was born and manifest into this dimension many long years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join