It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baby and the Ghost!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hello ATS!
I found this picture today on Richard Wiseman´s

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85fefb10c245.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a photo of myself, my mother, and my newborn daughter taken January 11, 1987. The face beside the lady holding the baby is no one we know. We have several pictures from this day and this is the only one with the face. Can you tell me what it could be? A ghost? I get the feeling that it is not a benevolent, whatever it is.

And then, later on

Cindi Says: September 24, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Reply Wow, I appreciate all the input on my picture. To clarify a bit, the ‘lady holding the baby’ is the grandmother of the baby. The person to the right is the mother, who is me. I remember this day clearly, even though 22 years IS a long time ago. I have approximately 15 pictures taken this day in about a 2 hour time frame. Some were taken only moments after or before this one, and this “person” is in none of them. I promise you, if someone was at my house to visit me & my baby, I, or someone in my family, would know it. @prelapsaria, you are correct in your point a. There is literally about 6 inches between my mother’s back and the sewing machine. If there was a person there, I am convinced that we would know and remember who was up on her back like that. This was not taken with a digital camera, although I do not know what kind of camera or film was used. The original is much clearer than this scanned image. My experience with double exposure is that it creates a duplicate image on the same photo. In that case, the “ghosts” mouth would not be shut. I am really digging all the comments, though, thanks to everyone!!! :-)

So, what do you think? It can be a lot of things, but, ghost? There is a shadow on that ghost! Is that even possible?

Source:
richardwiseman.wordpress.com...

Edit to try to do a smaller pic but i can not.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by atrofi]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ummm.. I think it's just another person in the picture... if you want me to believe it's a ghost... you'd have to do better than saying "Hey that person wasn't there..." Extrarordinary claims requiring extraordinary proof and all that.

And yes the shadow on said ghost goes a long way towards proving that this is just another mundane photo IMO.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool...but looking at the "ghost", it looks like it has the same nose and chin, with a slight cleft, as the lady holding the baby...Im not an expert..but looks similar to her...as if double exposure.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I'd say more that they looked similar because they were related... but that's just guesswork of course.

And to my eye it appears the ghost is wearing glasses? I dunno.. hard to tell the quality is kind of poor...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Resinveins]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I don´t think it is a ghost, i don´t know what it is!
I hope someone comes with an explanation, that´s why i posted here!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by atrofi

I understand it's not you saying it's a ghost... my comments were directed at the source of the photo.. sorry I didn't make that clearer

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If it was a ghost it would be much harder to see the ghost.

You can see the girl clear as day standing behind her.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not an image of the grandmother, it's a bloke, or a bloody ugly woman.

Looks like the ghost of Mark Bolan.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've taken lots of pictures with film cameras that got messed up like that, I mean nothing that crazy looking but You can definitly see that some objects, faces, bleed through onec in a while, I think it has something to do with moisture because if I go back and look at the scap books of vactions theres always those messed up pictures at the beach. But it does look like somebody is just standing beside her. Also if you look at the face it kind of resembles the lady holding the baby. A few features missing, maybe it was just a shi­tty camera

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sorry to me it looks like possibly a husband and wife posing with their newborn baby for someone taking a picture of them from a different angle........

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Do ghosts wear glasses? Isn't the mystery person wearing specs?
Another thing I wonder about is why do su[pposed ghosts have clothes?
Do our pants have a afterlife? Just wondering?

new topics

top topics

join