It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dr's - on bbc1 right now - a girl going mad from conspiricies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
hello all, im not sure if this is /was the best place to post.

bbc1's show dr's just started , and the main narritive seems to be about a girl going mad from looking at to much conspiricys online..

needless to say my bullcrap detector has just went through the roof .. coudl they be setting up to discredit conspiricys in general???

[edit on 24-9-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think you got the pint here m8

the thing is the i get MAD not reading about cinspiricies but when they knew there was WATER on the moon and that it has beautiful colour and all was kept hidden

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If they are they are doing a bad job.How many people watch that crappy show? Probably less than home and away,now thats saying something.If people going crazy from conspiracies reaches the news headlines we will have something to worry about.Course it's not exactly telling fibs,not that hard to imagine people getting very very paranoid to the degree of it being unhealthy due to conspiracy theories.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It is touchy at best because of the stigma conspiracy theorists have been made to wade through, yes there are kooks in every type of group but then there are some very sane rational ones too.

My suggestion is to not give it any energy. Focus instead on some of the most brilliant authors we know like JIM MARRS, his reputation is above reproach.

That would make a great thread "Worlds all time best top ten conspiracy theorists"

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
wow... i never realised how bad this show is..

i guess its aimed at stay home mums / older people (retired types). and i can see the very subtle message their sending out, the girl in this episode is having health problems related to anxiety over conspiricies... at the start she went into a rant about all sorts of stuff we normaly see on ats... and everyone is telling her to stop, and take a break from the conspiricys because their not real and causing her to get ill. i read alot into things these days though...LOL

maybe im as bad as the girl.

dam this show is booooooooring! ...

ive really took a bullet here watching this! i hope someones proud of me ! lol

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am on several sites because I am worried about what is happening in the world and I am trying to get different views.
But I'm sorry yes...
There are people who post factual information with well thought out arguments.
And there are also a zillion barking mad nut jobs. Let's be honest. Sites like this attract people like that.
It's common for conspiracy people to dismiss 'unbelievers' as 'sheeple'. Well believe me there are conspiracy sheeple too.
All of us, who believe in freedom of information have a duty to have our BS meter on high alert. Otherwise the conspiracy sheeple will ultimately discredit any important information we have.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Ted Kaczynski
The Unabomber's Manifesto, submitted to Penthouse magazine and a couple of newspapers, identified a bunch of pet peeves: overcrowding, dissociation from nature, social conformity, rapid pace of technological change, consumerism, corporate domination, etc.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is touchy at best because of the stigma conspiracy theorists have been made to wade through, yes there are kooks in every type of group but then there are some very sane rational ones too.

My suggestion is to not give it any energy. Focus instead on some of the most brilliant authors we know like JIM MARRS, his reputation is above reproach.

That would make a great thread "Worlds all time best top ten conspiracy theorists"

bravo!

turn your backs on the negative,

to toward the positive - help focus energy that direction

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Typical BBC, anytime anyone thinks for themselves they'd either make a show to ridicule the Conspiracists (7/7 Ripple Effect program anyone?) and now this showing Doctors Drugging up a girl who just wants to make people more aware of the world.

They were "in" on it at 9/11 when they suggested Building 7 collapsed when it hadnt, they constantly turn Interviews into slander matches and edit them as much as possible to suit their needs. And the Liscence Money YOU pay to watch this tripe is going straight into their pockets and the British Government.

Luckily I stopped watching much TV a long, long time ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

7/7 Ripple Effect was a terrible documentary anyway.But you are right,the BBC are in the pocket of the government as are all the MSM in the uk,the most clear example was the media blackout about prince harry going to Afghanistan.Once in a while they do provide a golden nugget though.Century Of Self,Dead in the water etc

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
To be honest though, it's not just the retired and stay at home parents, there are also the unemployed and students, I fondly remember being a student, staying in bed until after Neighbours, Doctors got me off my ass and into lectures - way too dull.

Thing is, as someone rightly pointed out we are a fringe group ourselves and sometimes a fairly disparate one, there are people on here who if I see a thread of theirs I can guarantee it'll be about something I find ludicrous and fringe... I might still read it though. I've known a couple of people that have come under the umbrella of mental health services and they can very much fixate on certain things, conspiracy theory has been popular in media for quite a while to say the least, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I believe there's a fair amount of BBC drama that is conspiracy-inspired, Torchwood, Spooks etc... although I don't watch TV anymore so this is just what I pick up off other people.

I really wouldn't put any creedence in this being a whitewash or anything, it's just symptomatic of the global climate - now if there's anything to be wary of I'd be a lot more concerned about the News Programmes that are reporting about reality.

top topics

join