It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Hoard Of Ancient Gold Found In Field

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There was a find just up the road from e last year, see article below:

www.hemeltoday.co.uk...

As the whole area was awash with Romans for quite some time, I am sure there may be other stuff just waiting to be found around the area.

Two of my neighbours recently started metal detecting and although they have only found low value artifacts from maybe a couple of hundred years back, they still get a lot of enjoyment from researching what they find. Seems many landowners do not like people metal detecting on their land. Not sure why but I can understand if people have done so and caused damage to crops etc.
I have even been thinking about it myself as I spend a lot of time on long walks around the area, in quiet out of the way places, so might bite the bullet and get me a metal detector sometime soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by ironorchid

That is awesome! Good for them - I am glad they will get to keep the money, instead of the govt. trying to take it, like they do when ships are found with gold.

The problem with ships found with huge caches of gold and other precious metals is that they belong to the country of origin that was shipping it in the first place, whether it went under yesterday or 300 years ago they are going to want their money back. I do believe most discoveries of sunken treasure are still rewarded after the treasure gets back to its rightful country of ownership.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join