It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by piddles

I think you are actually missing the point of teaching children about politics.

You teach children about how politics works, what the Constitution is, the Bill of Rights, etc. so that they can become responsible, socially acceptable, CONTRIBUTORS to society...... able to form their own OPINIONS.... CHANGE the world in the way THEY see fit...

What you don't do is teach them to worship the President, that any political view is the RIGHT view, nor do you do ANYTHING that pushes a teacher's (or school's) agenda, current political agenda, or anything else for that matter.

Oh....in case you were wondering, that goes for Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc.

the point is most kids aren't mature enough to deal with politics and it this won't matter at all.

and the things you think kids should be learning in school are already taught (lol) in history classes, even the part on becoming a contributer to society What kids should be learning is how hypocritical some of most famous politicians were. There's a member here with Thomas Jefferson as his sig, the guy who said all men should be created equal while owning slaves and having a secret relationship with one that he was most likely ashamed of.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Find out the name/location of the school, call them and demand that the teacher be put on administrative leave. This is absurd and an outrage. I won't go as far as to say this is indoctrination, but this is a teacher forcing their views to children.

And you're right, if this were Bush, this would have been headline news and ALL the MSM networks would have been talking about it. I can see Chris Matthews now or Keith Olberman spouting off at the atrocity if this were the case.

How the tables have turned.

Call them up yourselves.. I just did.

They are a public school with very liberal values. Kids aren't forced to go to this school, though the entire district appears to have very liberal values as well.

Personally, although I know it offends many here, I believe that the teacher was acting within the spirit of the school.

How are they not forced to go to this school?

Many parents do not have the luxury of cherry picking a public school in another area and driving their children to school every morning and picking them up in the afternoon.

Some people live in a world where they bust their humps all day long just to put 3 squares on the table.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Read the posts. Some school districts have as many as 8 schools to choose from.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Read the posts. Some school districts have as many as 8 schools to choose from.

Please read the post up above yours

Second line...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Speaking as a left wing liberal I have to say this is NOT appropriate regardles of who it is they are praising. I love Obama and I still do not agree with this at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

Alright I'll say it..... We know Hitler was a bad man and tried to exterminate the Jews. When has President Obama tried to do something similar that we should be outraged?

Everyone keeps asking this, since it means you and I are being set up for starvation I hope you will PLEASE pay attention!

First: President Clinton set us up for this.
“In summary, we have record low grain inventories globally as we move into a new crop year. We have demand growing strongly. Which means that going forward even small crop failures are going to drive grain prices to record levels. As an investor, we continue to find these long term trends..very attractive.” Food shortfalls predicted: www.financialsense.com...

The reason I dis like obama is he is about to give complete control of our food to the corporate Cartels and put Monsanto's Mike Taylor in CHARGE!!!

Home Gardens ARE effected by the bill HR 875
Quotes are from the actual text of the bill
“..FOOD PRODUCTION FACILITY- The term 'food production facility' means any farm, ranch, orchard, vineyard, aquaculture facility, or confined animal-feeding operation...”
Notice there is NO exemption for instate commerce, for hobby farms, for you backyard garden.

“ The Administrator, in order to protect the public health, shall establish a national traceability system that enables the Administrator to retrieve the history, use, and location of an article of food through all stages of its production, processing, and distribution.

require each food production facility to have a written food safety plan that describes the likely hazards and preventive controls implemented to address those hazards;

include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertilizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment, and water”

Again notice it does not say a person SELLING food, it says a person holds, stores, or transports food or food ingredients.

This is very scary given Ag Sec. Venman's " September, 1995, USDA's Food Safety & Inspection Service presented a 600-page document Farm-To-Table - control of every step in the food chain from production to home preparation. "

HR 875 also includes this.
"in any action to enforce the requirements of the food safety law, the connection with interstate commerce required for jurisdiction SHALL BE PRESUMED TO EXIST."

This is the I gotcha clause

The Commerce Clause: A farmer was growing wheat for his own use “The government claimed that if Mr. Filburn grew wheat for his own use, he would not be buying it — and that affected interstate commerce” Therefore the Supreme court found against the farmer!!!

The Court's opinion must be quoted to be believed:
[The wheat] supplies a need of the man who grew it which would otherwise be reflected by purchases in the open market. Home-grown wheat in this sense competes with wheat in commerce.

As Epstein commented, "Could anyone say with a straight face that the consumption of home-grown wheat is 'commerce among the several states?'" For good measure, the Court justified the obvious sacrifice of Mr. Filburn's freedom and interests to the unnamed farmers being protected:

It is of the essence of regulation that it lays a restraining hand on the self-interest of the regulated and that advantages from the regulation commonly fall to others.
After Wickard , everything is mere detail. The entire edifice of civil rights legislation stands on the commerce power. Under this maximum commerce power, the government has been free to regulate nearly everything, including a restaurant owner's bigotry. The Court has held that if Congress sees a connection to interstate commerce, it is not its role to second guess. www.fff.org...

The food borne illnesses making headlines in recent years, did not happen by chance.The food safety bills are not about protecting consumer health. The full horror of these bogus Food Safety bills can not be appreciated until it is understood that greedy corporations and corrupt government officials have colluded so that a select few can profit from the pain, and suffering caused by illness and by the starvation of children around the world. Worse our main safeguard against unethical corporate behavior and government corruption, the mass media, sold us out for the price of their advertising dollars yupfarming.blogspot.com...

This section of HR 875 would apply to you. Penalties would be "administered" by Monsanto.

IN GENERAL- Any person that commits an act that violates the food safety law (including a regulation promulgated or order issued under the food safety law) may be assessed a civil penalty by the Administrator of not more than $1,000,000 for each such act.

(B) SEPARATE OFFENSE- Each act described in subparagraph (A) and each day during which that act continues shall be considered a separate offense.

An order assessing a civil penalty against a person under subsection (a) shall be a final order..

STANDARD OF REVIEW- The findings of the Administrator relating to the order shall be set aside only if found to be unsupported by substantial evidence on the record as a whole.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hmm, if it was about the president how come key words that relate to what mostly President Obama has used and are used in relation to him?

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

and

For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Sure they are songs about the president but that is a bit premature in my eyes. They are fore-sighting the future do you not think so? History has not told us of any great accomplishments he has done yet. Some say maybe so, some say maybe not. Even past president actions (last say 25) years are still in debate on what exactly is a great accomplishment.

They are not singing of past praises such as

George Washington,
George Washington,
Your birth we celebrate.
You helped to make
Our country free;
You helped to make it great.

or even a generic on about a president

We salute the presidents.
We give thanks for time they spent
Holding high, and passing on
Our country’s freedom song.

Point being if they are singing in praise of Black History month, then why not come up with a song that relates MLK's dream to the fact that President Obama has broken the ultimate glass barrier?

Singing about Obama is not the problem here. I can care less about his color of skin, but to start having kids sing his praises when nothing of praise has been accomplished EXCEPT the fact he is the first president that is not purely white.

Till that time, I think the high praises, even in songs made up in schools should stay their words until something noteworthy has risen. Just my view of course

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Of course I am in my 50's but I have to say we Never sang a song about a President in School, or out for that matter. I don't think I have ever even heard as song about a President.
We said the pledge of Alegence ( and what it ment to me was pledging Alegence to my Country (represented by the flag)and it's People ( the United States Of America) not the government) We sang the National Anthem ( honoring the men that fought for our freedom) and America the Beautiful, ( a song about how beautiful our Country is) but never a song about a President.
We were taught about past presidents in history class, but we were Never taught to idolize any of them.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Recorded during Black History month...In Febuary 2009...as opposed to June 2009? Why would whoever posted the video change the date? Because it changes the context.

In celebrating Black history month I do not find it objectionable to celebrate in song the first ever POTUS of color. Ask any anthropoligist...since the begining of time song has been and continues to be used to teach.

Yet another distraction from real issues...If the parents have issue they can take it up with their school...otherwise I think fox news could not care less about the storm of right wing fanatics that they have brought to this elementary school.

Not news IMO.

www.phillyburbs.com... .html

In a statement posted on the Burlington Township School District Web page, school officials said the students were performing the song during an activity for Black History Month, which is celebrated each February. It said the recording and distribution of the class activity was were not authorized by the school.

The full statement is as follows: “Today we became aware of a video that was placed on the Internet which has been reported by the media. The video is of a class of students singing a song about President Obama. The activity took place during Black History Month in 2009, which is recognized each February to honor the contributions of African Americans to our country. Our curriculum studies, honors and recognizes those who serve our country. The recording and distribution of the class activity were not authorized.”

[edit on 24-9-2009 by maybereal11]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Well I am still trying to get it to play.....
I have taught and condone a parent getting involved in what is going on at schools.
That is showing up at school, grade school when my kids were that young was a must for me! Get a minute during work, run over to the school as I did.
When the kids get home from school ask them how there day was, what did they learn? Look over there papers.
This only takes a few seconds out of a hectic schedule. Now of course when they get older and question the school, teachers, curriculum this is when teaching kids to think for themselves may bite a parent in the butt (bite marks are out of mine).

However by educating children to think for themselves is better for the long run. Don't expect the over worked, underpaid (under educated if you ask me) school staff to raise the children, your children. We had children for a reason , remember?

Be a pain the the schools hinny if you dont agree with whatever there teaching your child..... children are not stupid. Brain washing, well very much possible here. Now if I could get the darn video to work!!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There's this notion some fols have that as long as something is technically possible it's not impossible.

There are a slew of obstacles blocking many from homeschooling. Some if not many exist by government decree either directly or indirectly. Folks like to disregard those obstacles and tell you to quit harping on it.

It's like those cities that require you to pay $2,000 in fees, take a $500 class offered once every 2 years (oops, filled up try again later) just to own a firearm then tell you if you own one it has to be disassembled under lock and key at all times. You and I know that is total bull and a violation of rights but too many are perfectly fine with this because technically you still have your 2nd Amendments right.

So homeschool your kid if you dont like public school. But keep paying that tax bill to fund public school or we'll kick in your door at 3AM to collect. Bring your kid up for review every other Tuesday at 9AM or DCF will come and take your kid away for evaluation.

As far as this idea of "we have 8 schools choose the one you life" goes I guess they've never heard of the families renting hovels across town or lying about living two blocks over just to get their kid into the school they want their kid to be into. Eventually these families are found out and given hefty fines they obviously cant afford to pay and henceforth locked into the system that has been mandated to them for the rest of their lives.

Way too many people dont get it and it's right in front of their faces.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
OK... I read too many people being OK with this Obama Love song.

Here are the lyrics Again

Lyrics
========
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that all must lend a hand [?]
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Yes
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

segue to

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all [do? doth??] say "hooray!"
Hooray Mr. President! You're number one!
The first Black American to lead this great na-TION!
Hooray, Mr. President something-something-some
A-something-something-something-some economy is number one again!
Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And the same for all Americans [in?] the great Red White and Blue!
So something Mr. President we all just something-some,
So here's a hearty hip-hooray a-something-something-some!
Hip, hip hooray! (3x)

Now then here is what I have a problem with.

First of all it is sung like a cadence.

Secondly the Barak Hussein Obama chorus reminds of the way we would say "The lord be with you" In catholic church.

Third this is not a generic presidential song. Obamas name is part of the Chorus.

Fourth
"Barack Hussein Obama
He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight"
"Barack Hussein Obama
He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay"

The first line replaces the name of Jesus for Obama...Jesus loves the little children of the world...anyone remember that song?

And equal work for equal pay....This is a communist idea. Meaning the Janitor of that school should make the same as the teacher who should make the same as the superintendent of the school district. Since they all work for the school why should any of them make more than the other. Equal work for equal pay right?

This projection of political ideology does not belong in elementary school.

Next up is mass arrests with the brown shirts.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
First of all, who's initiative is this? the school teachers?

If so, what the heck does that have to do with Obama?

If people want to hold up their president as an upstanding person and give him laurels, why get all uptight and out of sight about it.

you right wingers dropping your strawmen everywhere.

lol still can't find any dirt on the guy eh. I know, why don't you make up some new crisis and collectively bite your nails and whine about the man running the country?

[edit on 24-9-2009 by djusdjus]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is why I send my children to private school. to avoid nonsense like this. Sending your kids to public school and then complaining about it is silly. Life is about choices. Make the right one for their sake.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
I havent seen it yet because I am at work, But I will watch it win I get home. If what you guys are saying is true I think the country is headed for a deep long terrible fight.

I thoroughly agree. Everything has been leading up to a major downfall. We are at the boiling point. Soon, I dont know how soon, but soon things are going to get very very bad in this country. I dont want that to happen, but there are tell tale signs.

It does feel ominous and I reminds me of the beginning of the 3rd Reich.

We need to be prepared for this.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pabama
The kid on the left was off key.

This is embarrassing. How about you teach the kids to have some self-worth, instead of focusing on someone who will never directly influence their lives?

:-)

Not sure that the president does not directly influence the lives of children.

For example, if we get a public option health care, then my children will be directly influenced, and they know this as we do not have health care for our children.

My daughter has a heart condition and needs a lot of stuff done, but we do not qualify for assistance, also my son was born with arthritis, and needs medication as it is getting worse, but we do not have health insurance.

So children can and are directly influenced by what takes place in politics and what the president of this country decides to do.

Back on topic.

A couple of years ago, when my youngest was in elementary, the music teacher did a huge music program, the whole program was nothing but songs about presidents (including the president at the time BUSH) and the United States of America and the military. (It was when a lot of contention was going around about Bush and the war). Everyone wore red, white and blue, danced around with flags and balloons.

I do remember feeling a bit uncomfortable, as it was obvious the music teacher was in support of Bush and the war because of the songs chosen.

Really, I did not get upset like you guys are. I kinda rolled my eyes when I realized the point of the program, and then after asked my child if he had a good time, and told him he did an awesome job dancing and singing. Later we had a minor discussion about this country and presidents, and how even if we do not agree with the president at the time, we still respect the office of the president. It was like a two minute conversation.

Oh, and this was a public school, funded by tax money.

The child was not damaged by this.

so again wolf cry wolf cry wolf cry

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I am just not understand why music programs are cut across this nation because the kids need more and more education time, but then it seems there is time for this? Time would be better served seeing if any one of these children (I believe they are 1st to 2nd grade) can perform arithmetic off the top of their head, recite the Preamble (NOW THERE IS A MESSAGE OF HOPE!) but alas I highly doubt it

I'd have to agree with ya there...

Edited for clarity

Actually, children need music and art. Studies have shown that children who are involved in music and art attain better grades in science and math. Music and art assist with certain neurons in the brain connecting, which are the neurons which help in the understanding of math and science.

With what is known now about the fact that music and art gets these neurons connecting, actually I am surprised that music and art has been removed from many schools. It seems a bit backwards to me. Like, oh this helps children learn math and science? Let's take it away then we can't assure that these children get these neurons connecting.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Just watched this and just threw up.

Most of you do not realize that to change the social structure of a society the children must be indoctrinated.

You do this by first infiltrating the educational system.

This has been a Socialist/Marxist agenda for generations.

Most of you are to ignorant to realize all this "fundamental change in America" that this guy is talking about is socialism and Marxism.

Get a clue learn about socialists and Marxists in America and their agenda.

What the media is not telling you.

It is there if you seek it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A few things that people seem to have forgotten along the way in this thread.

1. PUBLIC SCHOOLS

Whether "cherry-picked" or not, public schools are paid for by the taxpayers of said community. Because of this, there are many restrictions placed on what can and can not be done -- regardless of the teacher and/or school's liberal view

2. RELIGEON

Separation of church and state. Public schools are not permitted to use, display, discuss, or encourage ANY discussion of religeon. Period. Hence the whole "Pledge" controversy.

The fact that this is sung to "Jesus Loves the Little Children" is enough in of itself to have a problem with this video.

3. EDUCATION

Every child in the United States is required to receive an education. However, there are many options from which a parent may choose: public, private, home school, charter, etc.

BUT....public school must ALWAYS remain available to ALL students and conduct itself in a manner that does not offend any one race, religeon, or personal beliefs.

For example, even if a public school only had 5 children attend that all happened to be Jewish, that school could still not offer Jewish studies, could not permit the singing of Jewish songs, etc.

Therefore, just because home schooling is an option/choice, no public school may put its students/parents in a position that would force them to choose home schooling because of conflicting family beliefs.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Just watched this and just threw up.

Most of you do not realize that to change the social structure of a society the children must be indoctrinated.

You do this by first infiltrating the educational system.

This has been a Socialist/Marxist agenda for generations.

Most of you are to ignorant to realize all this "fundamental change in America" that this guy is talking about is socialism and Marxism.

Get a clue learn about socialists and Marxists in America and their agenda.

What the media is not telling you.

It is there if you seek it.

you are as wrong about this as the day is long. YOu've never even read anything about Marxism have you? You don't actually know the definition of socialism do you. You, like many others are regurgitating the words of other blathering fools from the GOP.

Obama is socialist and I am a 10 foot tall purple hairy people eater. lol

By all means, continue to vomit while children take pride in their country and their leader.
I'm sure you would of all sucked it up and loved it if it were Bush.

But that never happened did it. In fact, there has never been a worse president or a more polarizing figure who did lots of damage to the american image in his terms than bush.

give it a break, you're a minority that is loud, but tiny.

Campaign about reality why don't you?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The way you stop this is to teach your kids yourself and reinforce your credibility with them in everything you do and show them.

One thing I have never done to my son is hide the truth.
I have explained and shown him what guns do, I have shown him what happens in war, taught him about the israel/palestinian conflict, afghanistan, Iraq, who the good and bad guys are, the monetary system, and what all of these people do as opposed to say.

And every day when he comes home from school we reflect on his day and if I smell BS I show him the truth.

In the end, he is becoming impervious to BS and and growing a trong base from which to make his own decisions in life.

They say education starts at home...education should happen mostly at home. School curriculum is mostly worthless. It's all in what WE teach them as parents that will avert this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join