It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is weird and a tad creepy.But like nefermore said context would be great..and trying to compare Obama to hitler is just typical knee jerk emotional nonsense with absolute no bearing in reality.You could probably compare him to punch or kermit the frog though.Same with throwing about names like chavez or fidel castro,trying to compare two great men to the likes of Obama is an insult.Going off topic there but in any case the context and how the song came about is really what i want to know before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

I think you are actually missing the point of teaching children about politics.

You teach children about how politics works, what the Constitution is, the Bill of Rights, etc. so that they can become responsible, socially acceptable, CONTRIBUTORS to society...... able to form their own OPINIONS.... CHANGE the world in the way THEY see fit...

What you don't do is teach them to worship the President, that any political view is the RIGHT view, nor do you do ANYTHING that pushes a teacher's (or school's) agenda, current political agenda, or anything else for that matter.

Oh....in case you were wondering, that goes for Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Are you serious? That video was children Praying for Bush, not idolizing him. It is also the children telling him One Nation Under God. Again not making him out to be a wonderful savior.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Well agree or disagree with the man on whatever levels, obviously no one sane would want harm to come to him...

But he is being treated like Kennedy or Lincoln and I can't help as i said feel like there is something in the collective unconscious about his future, I don't buy the whole Fascist leader or people are trying to worship Obama as the ruler of the world, I actually think they sense his fate.

While I certainly don't want harm to come to him, I do want to know if he is Constitutionally qualified to be president. He needs to release his records, all of them, right now. If he refuses to release his records, he needs to be removed from office -- either by congress or the military.

I'm really distressed that Obama seems to suffer from Narcissistic personality disorder. He has had a number of photos taken with pictures of Washington or other famous Americans in the background. He appears to think he is something special even tho his background shows nothing unusual -- beyond oratory skill. Combine his behaviors with many worldwide declarations of 'emergency' and you have a real potential for trouble.

link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Wow, your statement gave me chills...**shiver**

I agree with most. This isn't right. But then, I don't think it's right for even parents to teach their kids if they should like/dislike a president. Kids don't understand the gravity of these things and it amounts to nothing more than indoctrination.

I'm glad my parents never really bothered me with these matters when I was too young to understand.. My mom told me it was specifically so that I could make up my own mind about how I view things.

I remember when I would ask things like, "What is God", my mom would answer most questions like this, "Well, some people think this and some people think that. I think this". I think that's the best way to go about it.

That's just my opinion though.

link   
I got CHILLS
Im shocked!!!!!!!!!!
This looks like some sort of Hitler youth. what can people do to stop this? its like a cult, this is BRAINWASH people ,this is how kids get controlled, RIGHT under our very eyes and ears

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ok I generally support Obama but that was creepy as all hell!

WTF was that teacher thinking?!

Someone needs to be removed from the teaching staff immediately. Obama might prove to be a good president, (I SAID MIGHT DAMMIT!) But Jesus Christ!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

That;s a bit of an over-reaction isn't it? Glad to see that Godwin's Law is still in effect.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Has anyone even asked if this was in a Public school?

If was private, well... then who cares?

UPDATE: I called them, and they are a public school.

However if you look at the their curriculum I think you would note that if you were right wing, you wouldn't have your kids at the school to begin with.

These kids are getting what their parents send them there for, I'm pretty sure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8f9d05426b583505.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4173c709ce10cc08.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by HunkaHunka]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
"we are equal in his sight"? "his great accomplishments" "first black
president" ? I feel violated. it reminds me of those creepy jesus
songs they taught us in sunday school like Jesus loves the little
children etc, which had the line about being"precious in his sight, black
and yellow red and white". I'm going to shower and stick an enema
in my ear, maybe it will help
sick
sad
bad

I thought the same thing...

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This video makes me sick. Really sick, the second half of the song is the worst. So what color do you think the brown shirts of America are going to wear? They cant wear brown, obviously, cause that was allready taken by his buddy Das Furer. Blue maybe? That would make it more like the blue-collar workers of America unite under him sorta thing. If anybody can honestly say they dont see the parallels between him and hitler yet they are in complete denial. Does he actually have to start killing off people for people to actually wake up? He is practically following Hitler's playbook. Actually makes me really scared for even writing this in case his administration is looking in on forums as well as twitter/facebook/myspace etc. Do people have to be taken away in the middle of the night to realize the mistake they made?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just some context...

www.youtube.com...

But can you point out the difference? I think both are quite disturbing, but one is more than the other.

One is a private church doing really weird singing songs about President Bush. The other is a public school doing the weird singing about President Obama.

This falls in line with the Pledge of Allegiance in my opinion. We are a country ruled by laws, not men. We follow the Constitution, not the flag. We respect the flag, salute the flag and honor it, but our allegiance is not to it. When sworn into the military I seem to vaguely remember I was swearing an oath to protect the Constitution and not the flag, which is a symbolic representation of our country.

Now back to the singing songs in high praise of the President. I can see if this song was about great presidents of the past. George Washington, John Adams, Abraham Lincoln, etc. It is not so much they are signing a song about President Obama, its the words that are being said.

As I provided the link to the utterly weirdness happening in a church about singing to oh holy Bush, I am not disturbed because those people have freely chosen to send their children into such a situation. Although we have freely chosen to send our kids to whatever type of school, there is a point where something cross the line. The goal of Public Education is not to provide a good education, its to provide people good enough for government work.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by mikerussellus

That;s a bit of an over-reaction isn't it? Glad to see that Godwin's Law is still in effect.

I was thinking the same thing. Haha. Maybe you should type the meaning here so everyone sees it, cause most will just ignore you since the word 'over-reaction' is in your sentence. Haha.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I believe its a public school.

www.localschooldirectory.com...

Under that listing it is listed as public.

Like my post, I just can't quite put my finger on it exactly, its nothing to do with President Obama, it has to do with how its sung and what is sung. And im with you on the private/public thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Overkill? I hope so. But when does anyone press the panic button? When it's too late? Why bother.

I hope this becomes nothing. I hope that our country becomes better. I hope Obama doesn't screw things up.

But when you see this, and REMEMBER history; don't you feel that it's better to speak up, speak out, before it's too late?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Ok I generally support Obama but that was creepy as all hell!

WTF was that teacher thinking?!

Someone needs to be removed from the teaching staff immediately. Obama might prove to be a good president, (I SAID MIGHT DAMMIT!) But Jesus Christ!

Not really... check out the schools site... this is inline with their curriculum.

Lots of PBS. Even their district motto is "Giving schools a piece of the pie"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4173c709ce10cc08.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The kid on the left was off key.

This is embarrassing. How about you teach the kids to have some self-worth, instead of focusing on someone who will never directly influence their lives?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I believe its a public school.

www.localschooldirectory.com...

Under that listing it is listed as public.

Like my post, I just can't quite put my finger on it exactly, its nothing to do with President Obama, it has to do with how its sung and what is sung. And im with you on the private/public thing.

I checked out their site... they seem to be a rather overtly liberal school district.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Find out the name/location of the school, call them and demand that the teacher be put on administrative leave. This is absurd and an outrage. I won't go as far as to say this is indoctrination, but this is a teacher forcing their views to children.

And you're right, if this were Bush, this would have been headline news and ALL the MSM networks would have been talking about it. I can see Chris Matthews now or Keith Olberman spouting off at the atrocity if this were the case.

How the tables have turned.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

"No one is in control when the government is the enemy...enemy..."
Slayer Consfearacy Christ Illusion

"Be surprised at nothing!" LRH

"It is nothing more than an exageration of praise."
Effusive LRH

"Should you be able to dance after you have made a touch down on the football field?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join