It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Something's not adding up.....I think kids in New Jersey were out of school when they are claiming this was video-taped.....

I wonder if this was some type of voluntary project that kids/parents could sign up to participate in....

I'm looking for the school calendar from last year....

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What has Obama done? Why is he held so high? Has he walked on water? Did he cure aids? I swear this pisses me off to no end. The new "cool" thing to do is worship the man. Is the reason because hes black? A good speaker? Thats all I ever hear from people "well hes a great speaker" Ok........ He has done nothing worthy of my attention. I swear I hope this country has a real revolution soon. and im not talking about waving signs around.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OK....well summer vacation started June 20, 2009. What was the date -- June 19th i think?

They filmed this the last day of school -- which was a half-day?

Summer Break is:
June 20th - August 31st!
Ahhhhh! Your last student
has said their good-bye and

Link: www.burltwpsch.org...

The link is to the school's newsletter about "Summer Happenings". i didn't read through the whole thing yet....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The whole church and state separation thing should be expanded to idol worship and state.

For the love of pete people, dont put your kids in these government schools. They're just as bad as these private churchy schools with indoctrination and worse if you take into account the horrible educational standards they have.

The original 13th Amendment would have taken care of that.

2nd line

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
What has Obama done? Why is he held so high? Has he walked on water? Did he cure aids? I swear this pisses me off to no end. The new "cool" thing to do is worship the man. Is the reason because hes black? A good speaker? Thats all I ever hear from people "well hes a great speaker" Ok........ He has done nothing worthy of my attention. I swear I hope this country has a real revolution soon. and im not talking about waving signs around.

That is what I keep asking.

It's confusing why he is suppose to be so special.
Good Speaker? um um um um
He has gotten better with practice, but without the tele-promtor, he was lost.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hmmm....me thinks I have seen this somewhere before:

hahaha, this is nothing new. Keep it up fear....(i mean)...fox news....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

I put that hitler youth video up because of the eerie similarites between the "state-sponsored" idoltry and what is going on in our schools now. Changing the words of a hymn from Jesus to Obama, is just sick!

If they did that with Bush, Reagan, it'd still be sick!

I personally, don't want to wait until this type of garbage is manditory.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

How exactly does this little song enlighten kids of current events or involve them in politics in any way other than "Obama is good, Obama is great"?

I wonder if marching them down the street and forcing them to kneel before the idol also counts as "involving them in politics."

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Alright. I'll say it/post it, since no one else has. . .

Comparing Obama to Hitler is completely wrong, not morally because I could care less but literally, wrong as hell.

you are lucky you can call him a nazi and hide behind your computer. we could be in another country, totally screwed by gov't secret police (i.e. nazi germany).

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by piddles

How exactly does this little song enlighten kids of current events or involve them in politics in any way other than "Obama is good, Obama is great"?

I wonder if marching them down the street and forcing them to kneel before the idol also counts as "involving them in politics."

they sing this song, they MIGHT think about it later and wonder why obama is great, and possibly make their own opinion as to whether or not it is true.

edit: and I bet 5 that if this is from a few months ago, they already forgot the words

edit number 2: I didn't directly answer your question. This doesn't help them engage in politics because nothing will. Kids don't give a crap. This is just someone's half-ass attempt to change it

[edit on 24-9-2009 by piddles]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Wow...I'm not sure that the school enforced that though. It appeared that a child came up with it, the teacher agreed, and the rest of the kids followed.

Still, it seems a bit weird. I can see the danger in something like this for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

I'm comparing the hitler youth movement to the indoctrination to OUR youths of today.

Glad you like it, fortunate for me I can still disagree. Wonder when "Dear Leader" will take that away?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

So your kids being rounded up at school at taught to sing a song of praise to Obama is the same as choosing to send your kid to some zealot camp where you know they will indoctrinate to the specific zealot cause?

Jesus camp is to religious zealots what school is to secular zealots?

Too much zealotry and indoctrination going around.

The difference to me is I wont be paying for Jesus camp for anyone's kid but I'm forced to pay for school er.. "Obama camp" for everyone's kid.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is nothing new I remember the hype of a new president in school when I was a child. I turned out all right, I still make my own decisions. I have not voted for a main candidate ever. I research the individual that best represent my views. I have children in school and I am sure they teach things that I don't necessarily agree with but that is my job as a parent to stay connected with my children and help them be open minded like my father taught me. "Don't believe everything you hear" "Question what you don't understand".-My Father

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Welcome to amerika and its new regime!

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Also, edit ALL CAPS

[edit on 24-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by piddles

I'm comparing the hitler youth movement to the indoctrination to OUR youths of today.

to which there is NO COMPARISON. Hitler's youth were kids taught to hate and fight anything not aryan

these kids are singing a stupid song about a black guy that they probably don't even care about.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

reply to post by piddles

to which there is NO COMPARISON. Hitler's youth were kids taught to hate and fight anything not aryan

these kids are singing a stupid song about a black guy that they probably don't even care about.

Not to mention that they probably dont even see him as being black. Parents in the United States do more indoctrination than a teacher or a president or a government could. If you don't think this is true, look at pictures from recent protests across the US and look at the kids holding big signs.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by 3vilscript]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Better Obama than Bush!

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

reply to post by piddles

Hitler's youth were taught to idolize adolph hitler.

They were taught to hate anything non-aryan. True. Just like anything that isn't right about Obama is now called racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join