It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
obama is a joke, the state of this country is truly sad.... indoctrinating 5yr old kids is so unproductive it's frightening.... we are so screwed and we did it to ourselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Apology accepted. I was just trying to make the point that this was done for him for black history month and not apart of some grand scheme to take over the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Find out the name/location of the school, call them and demand that the teacher be put on administrative leave.

If you don't live in that school district/state... and you don't pay taxes into that school system... then you've got no business poking your nose into the affairs of others. Call the parents and tax payers of that district if you want and implore them to take action. If they're paying the taxes, and they're electing the school board, it's their right to choose as a community what action -IF ANY- to take.

Christ, don't you people think? It's not your place to harass their school board. Their kids, their taxes, their vote. You want big brother out of your life? Pfft, here some of you guys are doing the exact same thing with righteous indignation.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
There is one line about him being the first black President, and the rest are praising his policies and raising him to God-like status.

"God-like status?" Can you show some examples of the lyrics that suggest that?

Here are the lyrics of the first part, minus the mention of the POTUS' name. Are these his policies? Or are these examples of concepts that are dangerous in some way? I can't interpret these lines as any other than "policies" so generic that they could be held by millions of people....worldwide.

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again

He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance

He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight

I'd like to mention that the use of rhymes and cadence is a teaching method for young persons.....especially useful with difficult to pronounce names or words.....recall how the alphabet sounds when recited by young school children...it's a song. It helps to strengthen the "learning".

Acquaint yourselves with some developmental psychology and how cognition changes in a human's early years. The high and mighty concepts being bandied about here as "indoctrination" have little affect on kids this young. But the repetition of a persons name will help them remember and pronounce the name.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

OK it's a song and some of us need to get over ourselves. Barrack Obama made history in a big way for this country and this is what happens in this country when history is made.....don't believe me huh ....well consider this George Washington had his little medley about chopping a Cherry tree and that wasn't even true. Martin Luther King Jr. had a song and is being song by a chorus near you every February. So considering how historic that 5 years ago no one could have imagined a black president in the great U S of A it's no surprise that this would not be done as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rosenswerve
obama is a joke, the state of this country is truly sad.... indoctrinating 5yr old kids is so unproductive it's frightening.... we are so screwed and we did it to ourselves.

Indoctrinating 5 year old kids is terrible. Which is why we fight all types of indoctrination including religion in schools.

Sadly, here in Texas the school board is trying to push religion and the inclusion of GOP members like Newt Gingrich in textbooks while neglecting to add any important Democrats or independent political members in the textbooks. So, I really can understand the outrage over the indoctrination. It's a constant fight here in Texas to keep the conservatives from doing it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Indoctrinating 5 year old kids is terrible. Which is why we fight all types of indoctrination including religion in schools.

Sadly, here in Texas the school board is trying to push religion and the inclusion of GOP members like Newt Gingrich in textbooks while neglecting to add any important Democrats or independent political members in the textbooks. So, I really can understand the outrage over the indoctrination. It's a constant fight here in Texas to keep the conservatives from doing it.

No matter which side it comes from, it needs to stop.

Of course history teachings should not be changed or omitted to satisfy interest groups though. Revisionist history is a huge problem as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork

There is one line about him being the first black President, and the rest are praising his policies and raising him to God-like status.

"God-like status?" Can you show some examples of the lyrics that suggest that?

Here are the lyrics of the first part, minus the mention of the POTUS' name. Are these his policies? Or are these examples of concepts that are dangerous in some way? I can't interpret these lines as any other than "policies" so generic that they could be held by millions of people....worldwide.

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again

He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance

I'd like to mention that the use of rhymes and cadence is a teaching method for young persons.....especially useful with difficult to pronounce names or words.....recall how the alphabet sounds when recited by young school children...it's a song. It helps to strengthen the "learning".

Acquaint yourselves with some developmental psychology and how cognition changes in a human's early years. The high and mighty concepts being bandied about here as "indoctrination" have little affect on kids this young. But the repetition of a persons name will help them remember and pronounce the name.

No problem:

This is an exact lyric from a Christian song about Jesus. Difference is, the name is changed to Obama concerning this lyric. That is elevating Obama to God-like status when they specifically take from a Christian song about Jesus and apply them to Obama.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

This isn't about Obama being black, the vast majority don't care about that anymore.

Hmmmm. Anymore, you say?

Yes. Would you disagree? Of course decades ago, it would have been an issue to many sadly. Not only did race us to matter, but it was a big deal when Kennedy was elected as a Catholic President. So yes, the vast majority does care about race anymore.

I don't get what point you are trying to make.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

This is an exact lyric from a Christian song about Jesus.

No it's not. The exact lyrics are;

All are precious in his sight

Your assertion that cribbing one line of lyrics from a Sunday school hymn is somehow "elevating" a person to the level of deity is overblown rhetoric. And as for the concept expressed in those two lines.....if a person's values are expressed by them....do they also get to be "God-like?" The point being that the concept expressed by "all are equal in his sight".....is not a particularly omniscient value.....I would imagine millions of mortals also feel the same way.

Whatever.....

[edit on 26-9-2009 by cranberrydork]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

This is an exact lyric from a Christian song about Jesus. Difference is, the name is changed to Obama concerning this lyric. That is elevating Obama to God-like status when they specifically take from a Christian song about Jesus and apply them to Obama.

Non sequitur

By that logic, if I were to write a song about Bush which included a quip from a Steven J. Gould book - such would imply elevating George Bush to an Evolutionary Biologist-like status.

The only way you could make that line of logic follow is if one pre-supposed that only Jesus was capable of distinguishing equality of rights regardless of skin pigment, of "Red, Yellow, Black or White".

Or, perhaps more likely, you're projecting the notion that "Ppale liek 2 lynk Obama to Jeezus", wherein you assume such is true from the outset and assume reproduction of a line regarding a statement racial equality because it correlates to a line from a Christian song.

The quote is, by the way, very short and revolves around a promotion of equality - which is a very highly promoted topic in our society. Unless more lyrics can be shown to be directly lifted from the same song, what little bit is there is not enough to make the supposition of positive correlation.

Even if you could demonstrate positive intent for direct plagiarism from a Christian source, that's still is not evidence of intent to correlate Jesus to Obama - nor would it follow that those children could recognize those lyrics out of context, conceptualize the parallels, and extrapolate the inference you're suggesting. I don't think they'd even have the cognitive development necessary for such meaningful correlations between abstract concepts.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Lasheic

I have a suspicion, which I'm going to test for accuracy here in a bit. But I thought I'd ask you directly johnny2127. I saw a report recently suggesting that 35% of New Jersey Conservatives either "Weren't Sure" or "Confidently Sure" that Obama was The AntiChrist. I favored the projection supposition I made above, but since I don't watch much TV or give a damned what celebrities think - I wasn't sure if I just wasn't seeing all the "Liberal Savior" and "Left Wing Jesus" claims supposedly attributed to him - or if it was just a case of the sour grapes awaiting blissful schadenfreude moment.

Now I wonder... johnny.... do YOU consider to be true, or suspect, that Obama is the AntiChrist? I would explain more clearly why you'd make such a perilous leap in logic that you did above, by projecting unfounded fears of a "False Savior" onto otherwise innocuous statements and non-critical attitudes.

In the meantime, I think I'll make use of the search feature.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
HAHAHA I love this.

You all need to quit complaining.
There's nothing wrong with this video.

Just because he's black doesn't mean that's why they made the video!!! Listen to some of yourselves, you sound like closet racists.

And I'm white!!

hahaha

Until you hear kids going
"Barack Husain Obama he said to drink the red cool-ade and shave our heads hmm hmm hmm" then I kindly suggest you quit your exageration of a harmless song with harmless words. There is nothing wrong with teaching kids to write a positive song about the current president, ever.

What about the nursery rhyme... "Ring around the rosey pocket full of posey." I remember singing that as a young young kid, but do any of you know the true meaning to that song?!

Exactly...
give it up.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by porschedrifter]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Remember the uproar from American parents when Obama tried to sneak in a lesson plan in his message to students on the first day of school?

They rightfully told him to shove his lesson plans. And they effected change; he was forced to abandon his blatant attempt at self-aggrandization.

So why do you all think they would accept this instance of using the melody from a religious song to promote Obama?

It has nothing to do with anti-Christ, Evolutionary Biologist-like status, or any other distractions.

It has everything to do with indoctrination. And The Audacity of A Fraud, from a person who is a legend in his own mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

reply to post by Lasheic

I have a suspicion, which I'm going to test for accuracy here in a bit. But I thought I'd ask you directly johnny2127. I saw a report recently suggesting that 35% of New Jersey Conservatives either "Weren't Sure" or "Confidently Sure" that Obama was The AntiChrist. I favored the projection supposition I made above, but since I don't watch much TV or give a damned what celebrities think - I wasn't sure if I just wasn't seeing all the "Liberal Savior" and "Left Wing Jesus" claims supposedly attributed to him - or if it was just a case of the sour grapes awaiting blissful schadenfreude moment.

Now I wonder... johnny.... do YOU consider to be true, or suspect, that Obama is the AntiChrist? I would explain more clearly why you'd make such a perilous leap in logic that you did above, by projecting unfounded fears of a "False Savior" onto otherwise innocuous statements and non-critical attitudes.

In the meantime, I think I'll make use of the search feature.

No problem replying to this. No, I do not think Obama is the anti-Christ. Some people thought Bush was the anti-Christ, some people now think Obama is. I think it is human nature to read into things, and during trying times, many Christians are on the look out for the anti-Christ.

The point that I was making, that you referred to, was that because of this woman replacing Jesus's name with Obama's in one of those lyrics, it stokes the flames and rhetoric of those that think Obama is the anti-Christ. Obviously Obama isn't asking people to replace Jesus with him, but still when his image or name does, it raises the fears of those that think that way.

I would guess that we will continue to be in trying times in this country for a while longer due to massive mismanagement of our govt for decades from both political parties. And Obama will leave office at some point and there will be a new President, and a whole new batch of threads about whether or not that person is the anti-Christ.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

because of this woman replacing Jesus's name with Obama's in one of those lyrics,

No....you still have it wrong, or are intentionally mis-stating the case.....here's the last verse of the hymn in question;

Jesus rose for all the children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Of the world.

Here's the second to last verse in the "questionable" lyrics;

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Again.....no one has replaced the name "Jesus" with anything....other than in your imagination. For the sake of reasoned discussion and discourse....STOP MAKING STUFF UP.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by cranberrydork]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork

because of this woman replacing Jesus's name with Obama's in one of those lyrics,

No....you still have it wrong, or are intentionally mis-stating the case.....here's the last verse of the hymn in question;

All the children of the world
Red and yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Of the world.

Here's the second to last verse in the "questionable" lyrics;

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Again.....no one has replaced the name "Jesus" with anything....other than in your imagination. For the sake of reasoned discussion and discourse....STOP MAKING STUFF UP.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by cranberrydork]

So a lyric that is about Jesus, changed to be about Obama, is different from what I said how? If you are saying that because the word 'precious' was replaced with 'equal', it your 'I got you' point, thats pretty sad. Ok they also replaced one other word. I will refrain from saying 'the exact same lyrics' since you pointed this out, and instead say 'nearly the same lyrics'. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that this was a lyric about Jesus that was changed by removing Jesus and inserting Obama.

Think about it, many of these little kids most likely go to church. Church, where they most likely sing the other song. Now they are singing NEARLY the same lyric, but now about Obama. That is a message being sent to the kids' brains.....

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Give me a break, these kids are just singing a freaking song. This happened under Bush as well and has probably happened under every single president that has ever been in power.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing

Give me a break, these kids are just singing a freaking song. This happened under Bush as well and has probably happened under every single president that has ever been in power.

I haven't seen any videos of it going on under any other presidents. But if it did, it is just as wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing

Id like to see a video of this happening under Bush. The lib's would have had a field day if what you were saying was true.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join